Did you get a new Air fryer or dusting the old one? Here are 20+ Air Fryer recipes for beginners that you can make right away. They're so easy to cook and so delicious.
What is an Air Fryer?
Air Fryer is a small countertop appliance that's like a convection oven. It works by pushing hot air around the food.
It's a simple and healthy way to cook food. The circulating hot air makes the food crispy just like deep frying with a lot less oil. I love that I don't have to worry about all the fat and extra calories that come from "frying" food.
The food gets cooked fast due to the small size of the Air fryer, unlike the oven. It doesn't need much space and there are several sizes to choose from that fit your counter space.
It can be intimidating at first just like any new appliance, but the Air fryer is really easy to use. I did a lot of experimenting and tried new recipes. I know I had so much fun cooking with it. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
Air Fryer Tips For Beginners
Before you begin, read the manufacturer's instructions for your appliance. Remember, Air fryers can get hot so leave enough room around the Air fryer on the countertop.
2. Preheat the Air Fryer
Preheating the air fryer makes cooking fast. It helps caramelize, sear, and make the food crispy. I have better results preheating the Air fryer than not. Preheat according to the manufacturer's instructions.
3. Grease the basket
I like to grease the basket so that everything comes out golden brown. It also helps the non-stick coating last longer and food doesn't stick to the basket and comes out easily every time!
But, Do Not use aerosol spray's like PAM which can chip the coating. Use a brush to rub oil or invest in an oil mister.
4. Don't overcrowd the basket
Air fryers cook by circulating hot air around the food. If the basket is overcrowded, food won't get crispy on all sides because there won't be space for the hot air to move around.
Don't overcrowd the basket and place the food in a single layer. Cook in batches if needed.
5. Shake or turn halfway through cooking
If you shake the basket or turn the food during cooking, it will help even cooking on all sides.
6. Use an Instant Read Thermometer
When cooking chicken or meat, use an instant-read thermometer to take the guesswork out and cook food to perfection.
20 Air Fryer Recipes For Beginners
I have listed 20 beginner Air fryer recipes here you can try. Everything from chicken, meat, seafood, and snacks.
They are super easy, but packed full of flavor and hopefully make you fall in love with your Air Fryer!
For the full collection of recipes, check out my Air Fryer Recipes page.
Join my Facebook group Tasty Air Fryer Recipes to ask questions and share your recipes!
Air Fryer Recipes For Beginners
- 1 pound frozen French fries 16 oz
- olive oil spray
- salt to taste
- black pepper, paprika optional
- Preheat air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes. Brush the air fryer with oil or lightly spray with an oil mister.
- Spray the frozen fries with olive oil or your preferred oil lightly. Season with salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Place french fries in the Air fryer basket. Make sure you don't completely fill the air fryer basket if you're doing a big batch. Fill up to half the basket.
- Air fry at 400F for approximately 12 to 15 minutes or until crispy shaking the basket halfway through. You can cook for an additional 1 or 2 minutes or until you like them.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or as a side dish.
This look awesome. Thanks for sharing!!
You're welcome Jacqueline! I'm glad it's helpful.