If you love hot dogs, you’re going to love this very quick air fryer technique. Air fryer hot dogs are perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. You will have hot dogs ready to go in a snap for a quick and easy meal.
Air fryer hot dogs are a fast and easy meal that’s so simple to make. My teens love to use the air fryer to make the hot dogs rather than turning on the grill.
If you're a hot dog lover, then I bet you'll love Italian sausages too. Check our Air Fryer Sausages recipe for another delicious and simple meal.
Air fryers make heating up food fun. These hot dogs need only 10 minutes to cook. This is not a recipe but rather a technique to cook the best hot dogs in no time. The result is perfectly crispy and juicy hot dogs that your whole family will love.
Serve these easy air fryer hot dogs on a hot dog bun, ketchup, mustard, or any of your favorite toppings. Or chop it up and add to your salads or pasta. So many possibilities!
For more delicious dinner recipes, check out our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why We Love Air Fryer hot dogs:
- Delicious hot dogs that are perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy inside
- Takes only minutes to make
- Perfect for days when grilling is not an option or when you want a few hot dogs done quickly.
Ingredients and Notes
- Hot dogs - use any of your favorite, good-quality beef hot dogs or chicken hot dogs. I used large chicken hot dogs.
How To cook air fryer hot dogs
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Cooking hot dogs in the air fryer couldn't be any easier. Follow these steps to make hot dogs that taste just like grilled.
STEP ONE: Preheat Air Fryer at 400˚F for 5 minutes while you prep the hot dogs.
STEP TWO: Score the hot dogs across the top about ½ or ¾ deep with a sharp knife and place it in the air fryer basket.
STEP THREE: Air fry hot dogs for 8 to 10 minutes or until it's done to your liking.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP FOUR: Slice the hot dog buns if they aren't already, place hot dogs into the buns and place the buns back in the air fryer basket, and toast for 1 or 2 minutes.
STEP SEVEN: Remove the air fried hot dogs and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Preheat Air fryer
- Just like you would heat up a grill or a stove before cooking, preheating an air fryer is necessary to get the best out of food and amazing flavor. It also cooks the food faster and is the key to a crispy texture.
- Score the hot dog
- Making slits across the top of each hot dog helps release steam as they cook and prevents it from exploding.
- Single layer.
- Place hot dogs in a single layer and don't stack up. Leave space around them if possible. Cook in batches if needed.
How To Serve Air Fryer hot dogs
For classic hot dog toppings, use mustard, ketchup, pickles or relish.
If you're feeling a little adventurous you can try topping them with BBQ sauce, chili for chili cheese dogs, shredded cheese, sauerkraut, crispy onions, bacon, etc.
Serve Air fryer hot dogs with side dishes for a meal. Check out my Air Fryer Potato Wedges, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries or Air Fryer Carrot Fries.
Don't forget Air Fryer Tater Tots or Air Fryer Corn On The Cob for an easy Air fryer cookout.
If you're on a low-carb or keto diet, you can have the air-fried hot dogs without the buns along with your favorite sides.
How To Store and reheat hot dogs in air fryer
Once cooled, store leftover hot dogs in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for 3 to 5 days.
To reheat hot dogs, place them in the air fryer and reheat them at 400˚F for a few minutes until warm through.
How to cook frozen hot dogs in air fryer
I know some of us buy hot dogs in bulk and freeze it. Here's a tip to freeze hot dogs so they don't stick together. Place hot dogs on a parchment-lined baking sheet an inch or two apart and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container and keep it in the freezer until ready to use.
To cook hot dogs from frozen, cook at 375˚F for 5 minutes to defrost and then increase the temperature to 400˚F and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes until your desired doneness.
Alternatively, you can defrost the frozen hot dog in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes before air frying.
To cook frozen mini hot dogs in the Air fryer, cook at 375˚F for 6 to 8 minutes until they're done to your liking.
More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Roast Beef
- Air Fryer Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Shrimp
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- mustard, ketchup, pickles, relish or any favorite toppings
- Preheat Air Fryer at 400˚F for 5 minutes while you prep the hot dogs.
- Score the hot dogs across the top about ½ or ¾ deep with a sharp knife and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry hot dogs for 8 to 10 minutes or until it's done to your liking.
- Slice the hot dog buns if they aren't already, place hot dogs into the buns and place the buns back in the air fryer basket, and toast for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove the hot dogs and serve with your favorite toppings.
Storage and Reheating
- Store leftover hot dogs in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer at 400˚F for a few minutes until warm through.
Frozen hot dogs in air fryer
- To cook from frozen, cook at 375˚F for 5 minutes and increase the temperature to 400˚F and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes until done.
Leave a Reply