Freshly cooked corn on the cob is a summertime favorite. This easy Air fryer corn on the cob recipe makes sweet, juicy and delicious corn in 15 minutes or less. With an amazing roasted corn flavor, these corn on the cob can be enjoyed as a side dish or on it's own!
Freshly roasted corn is an irresistible side dish everyone in our family loves. Though I love eating corn, I don't like grilling or using the oven in hot summers. You can use the Air fryer to cook ears of corn without the need for any of those. The air fryer corn is sweet, juicy and so delicious it'll become one of your favorite Air fryer recipes. We're obsessed.
We love using our Air fryer for side dishes like Air Fryer Zucchini, Air Fryer Cauliflower and Air Fryer Roast Potatoes.
Air fryer is a handy tool to make quick and easy meals. And this recipe comes together in 15 minutes or less. You can adjust the timing on how roasted you want your corn to be. I like my corn to be extra roasted and crunchy with browned spots.
Not only you can cook fresh roasted corn but you can cook corn on the cob in foil or frozen corn in the Air fryer. So versatile! This recipe needs only a few pantry staple ingredients to make the best corn in the Air fryer.
For more delicious Air fryer recipes, check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why We Love Air Fryer corn:
- Sweet, juicy, crunchy and delicious corn on the cob
- Quick and easy
- Needs only a few ingredients and extra if you want toppings
Ingredients and Notes
- Fresh sweet corn is best. Shuck the corn - that is remove all the husks(green leaves) and tassels (silk) from the corn.
- Olive oil - any neutral oil or cooking spray will work.
- Kosher Salt and Black pepper
How To Make corn on the cob in the air fryer
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: Preheat Air Fryer at 390F for 5 minutes while you prep the corn.
STEP TWO: If needed, cut the corn to fit into the air fryer or leave it whole if it fits. Brush or spray the corn generously with olive oil. I prefer to use oil instead of melted butter since it might get burnt. I butter the corn after air frying them.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides.
STEP FOUR: Place the ears of corn in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 to 12 minutes on 390℉ until tender. You can check whether the corn is cooked by using a fork to pierce it.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP FIVE: Remove the air fried corn carefully (they're really HOT!). Serve with butter and your favorite toppings.
how to make air fryer corn on the cob in foil
If you're used to steaming or boiling fresh corn you'll love making corn on the cob in foil in the air fryer. It gives the exact same taste: tender, juicy and sweet corn on the cob and no brown spots. Here's what you need to do.
- Brush the corn with oil or melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each ear of corn with aluminum foil and place it in the Air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 390'℉ for 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
- Remove the corn from the air fryer and let the steam subside for a few minutes before opening foil packets.
How To make Air Fryer frozen Corn On the Cob
There are two ways to cook frozen corn in the air fryer. You can thaw the frozen corn and pat dry with paper towels and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Or you can cook it from frozen. Air fry frozen corn a few minutes extra. Don't use oil when cooking from frozen and brush with butter after.
Topping and seasoning ideas
Aside from salt and pepper, there are many seasonings and toppings you can use for corn on the cob.
- Parmesan cheese
- Mayonnaise/sour cream
- Chili powder or cayenne pepper for heat
- lemon or lime juice
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
- Cotija cheese for a Mexican flair
I like all the variations but my favorite is to butter the corn, sprinkle some chili powder, chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or some grated cheese. Lip-smackingly delicious!
Storage and Reheating
Store- once cooled, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for 3 to 5 days. You can store the corn with the cob or remove the kernels with a sharp knife and store them.
Reheat - reheat the corn in the air fryer at 390F for a few minutes until warm through.
More Air Fryer side dishes You'll Love:
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- 4 ears of corn fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- red chili powder/cayenne pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer at 390F for 5 minutes while you prep the corn.
- Brush or spray the corn generously with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper on all sides.
- Place the ears of corn in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 to 12 minutes on 390℉ until tender.
- Remove the corn from the Air fryer, spread butter and serve with your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply