These Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini is a quick, easy and healthy side dish with no breading. The parmesan cheese and the simple seasoning blend give the zucchini a real flavor punch. They're also vegetarian, gluten-free, low carb, and keto.
I've been making these parmesan zucchini in the Air fryer ever since I bought mine and I can't believe I don't have this recipe on the blog yet.
I love roasting zucchini in the air fryer. It's quick and easy to make. Much faster than cooking in the oven. The simple seasoning blend and the parmesan cheese takes this plain vegetable to next level giving it amazing flavor. This Air fryer zucchini recipe is made with pantry staples you probably have in your kitchen. I used bottled grated parmesan cheese as that's a staple in my kitchen. But feel free to use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
The parmesan zucchini comes out tender on the inside with a nicely browned exterior. If you're looking for crunchy and crispy zucchini chips, you should try my Air Fryer Zucchini Chips.
These healthy parmesan zucchini is made without any breading so they're gluten-free and also low-carb and keto-friendly. Zucchini is a nutritious, low-calorie, and low-carb vegetable and can be included in any meal plan or diet. My Air Fryer Eggplant and Air Fryer Green Beans have no breading and will be great for anybody looking for no breading vegetable recipes.
This Air fryer zucchini is a great side dish and goes well with any meal. They can also be had as a snack on their own or with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you're looking for more Air fryer side dishes or Air fryer vegetable dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
- Why We Love Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini:
- Ingredients and Notes
- How To Make Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini
- Top Tips
- How To Serve
- Seasonings and Variations
- Questions About Zucchini In Air Fryer
- How long to cook zucchini in Air fryer?
- How do I make Air fryer zucchini with no oil?
- Are Air fryer vegetables healthy?
- How To Store and Reheat
- More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Why We Love Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini:
- Easy to make in the Air fryer, takes about 15 minutes
- Healthy, low-carb, and low-calorie
- Great as a side dish or snack
- Perfectly seasoned and delicious with parmesan flavor
Ingredients and Notes
- Zucchini - 2 medium-sized zucchinis. Look for firm, dark green zucchini with no blemishes or soft spots.
- Oil - olive oil, avocado oil, or any neutral cooking oil
- Onion powder, Garlic powder - I like to use a mix of onion powder and garlic powder with the zucchini as it can taste pretty bland and this combo of spices can enhance the flavor.
- Oregano - adds more flavor to the zucchini.
- Parmesan cheese - I used bottled grated parmesan cheese in this recipe. You can also use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Kosher Salt, Ground black pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Start by rinsing the zucchini and patting them dry with a paper towel. Trim both ends of the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into ½-inch thick slices. Cut the slices into four pieces for cubes. You can also cut the slices in half if you prefer not to cube them or want them slightly bigger. If you want zucchini rounds cut them into ¼- thick slices.
In a small bowl, mix the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese. Add the zucchini to a large mixing bowl, and add the olive oil and give it a toss.
Next, add the spice mix and toss or mix to coat the zucchini. Make sure all the zucchini slices are evenly coated with the seasoning mix.
Preheat Air fryer to 380F. Place the zucchini in a single layer in the Air fryer basket as much as possible to cook evenly. If you have a large batch, cook in two batches. Air fry zucchini at 380F for 12 to15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through until golden brown. Cook for a few more minutes if you want the zucchini a bit more browned and crispy.
Remove the zucchini from the Air fryer and serve warm. If you're cooking several batches, after cooking the last batch, warm all the zucchini in the Air fryer for a few minutes.
- Buy zucchini that's firm, dark green, and has no bruises or soft spots.
- Preheat Air fryer - or add extra cooking time.
- Try to layer the zucchini in a single layer as much as possible for complete airflow. Cook in batches if needed. After cooking warm all the zucchini in the Air fryer for a minute or two.
How To Serve
Roasted Zucchini is very versatile and can be served in many ways.
They'll also be great as a snack with your favorite dipping sauce.
Seasonings and Variations
If you want to enhance these Air Fryer zucchini these are some of the seasoning and variations you can try.
- Spicy - make it spicy by adding ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika, cayenne pepper or red chili powder or red chili flakes. It will add a nice red hue to the dish.
- Herbs - Try it with Italian seasoning, dried rosemary, or Herb de Provence.
- Seasoning mix - Replace the seasoning blend in the recipe with 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning or Ranch seasoning mix.
- Breading - If you want to add breading for the crunchy factor, add 3 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs to the mix.
Questions About Zucchini In Air Fryer
How long to cook zucchini in Air fryer?
This recipe calls for about 12 to 15 minutes Air frying time at 380F. You can cook the zucchini for a few more minutes to get it extra crispy. If you want it al dente (a bite to it) cook it for just 10 minutes.
How do I make Air fryer zucchini with no oil?
You can cook the zucchini in the Air fryer with no oil. I recommend at least a few spritzes of oil so that the spices can stick to the zucchini.
Are Air fryer vegetables healthy?
I would say they are. Air fryer is an excellent appliance to make roasted vegetables quickly. It requires less oil than other cooking methods.
How To Store and Reheat
Store leftover zucchini in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. You might want to line the container with a paper towel so it can absorb any liquid from the zucchini.
You can reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes at 350F.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini (No Breading)
- 2 zucchini medium, about 1.5lbs
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoon parmesan grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse zucchini and pat dry with a paper towel. Trim both ends of the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into ½-inch thick slices. Cut the slices into four pieces for cubes. You can also cut the slices in half if you prefer not to cube them or leave it as rounds.
- In a small bowl, mix the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese. Add the zucchini to a large mixing bowl, and add the olive oil and give it a toss. Next, add the spice mix and toss or mix to coat the zucchini. Make sure all the zucchini slices are evenly coated with the seasoning mix.
- Preheat Air fryer to 380F. Place the zucchini in a single layer in the Air fryer basket. Cook in batches if needed. Air fry zucchini at 380F for 12 to 15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through until golden brown. For al dente texture ( a bit of bite to it) cook for just 10 minutes.
- Serve warm. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
- Store - leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Line the container with a paper towel to absorb any liquid from the zucchini.
- Reheat - in the Air fryer at 350F for a few minutes until warm.
- If you're cooking several batches, after the last batch, add all the zucchini into the air fryer and warm for a few minutes.