These breaded Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are golden, crispy and so delicious. It's a healthy snack or an appetizer and so easy to make!
Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
I love zucchini, no two words about it! It's one of the top low carb vegetables out there. But I do get tired of turning them into noodles or having to hide them in other dishes to get my family eating.
Not in this recipe! Zucchini is the star of the recipe. These breaded Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Serve with your favorite ranch dressing or even ketchup and watch it disappear before your eyes!
These healthy Air Fryer Zucchini chip is great as an appetizer or an after school snack. They are super crunchy thanks to double dipping in eggs. Read the post below on how to.
Why I love this easy Air Fryer Zucchini Chips:
- Crunchy and delicious (I love anything that is golden, crispy or crunchy)
- Easy and simple
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
Step by step photos/process
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini Chips from Scratch
- Slice the zucchini in to ½" rounds.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and paprika if using.
- Make a breading station with eggs, flour mix and panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each zucchini slice in eggs, the flour mix, again in the eggs and finally dip them in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded zucchini slices on the air fryer basket in a single layer. Work in batches to cook all the zucchini.
- Air fry at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through, until golden and crispy.
- Transfer the air fryer zucchini chips to a plate and serve with your favorite dip.
- To get a thick coating and a crunchy exterior, we are double dipping the zucchini slices. You dip each slice in egg first, then in the flour mix, then in the egg again and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the zucchini slices in a single layer in the basket and cook in batches.
Frequently Asked Question About Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Yes, you can. There are many ways to do it.
1. Use almond flour or only parmesan cheese instead of breadcrumbs.
2. Skip the breadcrumbs entirely. Dip each slice in eggs, flour mix, again eggs and then flour mix.
3. Skip breading entirely and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of each slice. Decrease the cooking time to 5 minutes.
I wouldn't suggest using a batter as it will drip through the holes and make a mess.
Make sure your zucchini slices are dry before the breading. Also increase the cooking time.
You can replace the breadcrumbs and all purpose flour with almond flour and lupin flour. Or any suitable low carb alternative.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Crispy and Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Best Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Slice the zucchini into ½" rounds.
- Mix the flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and paprika if using, in a bowl.
- Prepare the breading station with eggs, flour mix and breadcrumbs.
- Dip the zucchini slices in eggs, flour mix, again egg and finally in panko breadcrumbs. Make sure the zucchini slice is fully coated in breadcrumbs.
- Place each breaded zucchini slice on the air fryer basket in a single layer. You will have to work in batches to cook all the zucchini.
- Air fry at 400°F for 10 minutes, flipping the zucchini slices halfway through until golden and crispy.
- Transfer the air fryer zucchini chips to a plate and serve with ranch dressing or ketchup.
- I double dip the zucchini slices in the egg and flour mix so they will have a thick coating. You can also do only one. Just dip the slices in flour, then egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Make sure you place the breaded zucchini slices in a single layer and cook in batches.
- You can preheat the air fryer for about 3 minutes.
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge covered for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes.