Sweet and salty air fryer carrots is a delicious and healthy side dish or snack. They are perfectly roasted with a mix of soy sauce, honey and spices.
Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Carrots
When it comes to picking a side dish I love, love having roasted vegetables. And roasting vegetables in the air fryer is super easy and takes way less time.
Roasted carrots in the air fryer is a delicious and healthy side dish or a snack. This is not your plain, old, boring roasted carrots. These sweet and salty roasted carrots in the fryer has a ton of flavor and absolutely lip-smacking. They are basically vegetable candies. My whole family devours them, especially kids.
Carrots are naturally sweet and roasting brings out more of the caramelly sweetness. I use soya sauce and spices to balance out the sweetness and to give it an umami flavor.
I love Air fryer Carrots because
- They are an easy and healthy side dish or snack
- Family approved.
- Super easy to make in the air fryer.
- Needs only a few basic ingredients.
- Big on flavor.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Soy sauce
- Red Chili flakes
- Parsley, sesame seeds for garnishing
Step by step photos/process
How To Make Air Fryer Crispy Carrots
With a few basic ingredients and steps you can make this delicious sweet and salty air fryer carrots.
- Peel and slice the carrots diagonally.
- To a bowl, add sliced carrots, honey, soy sauce, red chili flakes, salt, pepper and oil.
- Mix well until the carrots are well coated.
- Transfer the carrots to a 7 inch round baking pan.
- Place the pan in the air fryer and cook for about 20 - 25 minutes stirring every 5 minutes until the carrots are lightly caramelized and tender.
- Remove the pan from the air fryer, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with parsley and sesame seeds.
- Use a round or square cake pan that fits into your air fryer. I have a Cosori 5.8QT Air Fryer and I use a 7 inch round baking pan. A 7 inch or 8 inch cake pan fits into most 6QT air fryers. If you have an Air Fryer oven you can use baking pan that comes with it.
- Don't use a perforated pan as the carrots need to be cooked in the dressing.
- Make sure you stir the carrots a couple of times during cooking to roast evenly and distribute the dressing.
- Once you finish cooking, make sure you use tongs or gloves to pick up the pan from the Air Fryer as it will be hot.
- Substitute honey with maple syrup.
How To Make Roasted Carrots In The Oven
If you don't have an Air Fryer not to worry! You can still make these delicious roasted carrots in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the sliced carrots tossed in the dressing to the baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tender
Baby Carrots In The Air Fryer
You can not only make this recipe with regular carrots but also baby carrots. If you're like me and buy baby carrots in bulk for kids, then you probably have excess baby carrots in hand.
Wash the baby carrots and pat dry. Slice them diagonally and proceed with the rest of the recipe.
What Can You Serve Air Fryer Carrots with
Air Fryer sweet and salty roasted carrots goes well with any main meat or chicken dish. Serve it as a side with roast beef, steak, or roast chicken. They taste amazing with roast salmon too.
- If you want to spice things up more, you can add ¼ teaspoon of coriander powder.
- For more heat, increase the red chili flakes to ½ or 1 teaspoon.
- For more authentic flavor, add Sesame oil instead of regular oil.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Crispy and Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Best Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb carrot, about 2 large peeled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1.5 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Slice carrots diagonally. Add carrots, honey, soy sauce, oil, salt, pepper, chili flakes into a bowl.
- Mix well until carrots are well coated with the dressing.
- Transfer the carrots to 7 inch round cake pan. Place the cake pan in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes, turning a couple of times, until the carrots are slightly caramelized and tender.
- Use gloves or tongs and take the pan out from the air fryer. Transfer the carrots to a plate and garnish with parsley and sesame seeds.
- They can be made ahead. Mix the carrots with the dressings until well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Leftovers can be kept tin the fridge for 4 to 5 days. Reheat them in the air fryer.
- Increase the heat by adding extra ¼ or ½ teaspoon red chili flakes.
- You can substitute honey with maple syrup.