Air Fryer roasted vegetables are a quick and easy side dish that's ready in just 10 minutes. This colourful medley of roasted vegetables are tender but crisp and well seasoned. Perfect for busy weeknights or for quick dinners!
We love vegetables in the Air fryer and you'll find plenty of recipes here for that like the popular cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini or mushroom recipes. Funny how I don't have a recipe for mixed roasted vegetables in the Air fryer though it's something we make often. Time to correct that!
You'll find these air fryer roasted vegetables need less oil making it ideal for low calorie diets. Yet they're tender, crisp and well seasoned. These air fried vegetables make the perfect side dish for any meat, poultry or seafood main dishes. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
For more Air fryer side dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- They're easy and fast to make - This recipe is pretty simple and straight-forward. Chop the veggies, season and air fry. 10 to 12 minutes is all you need for these air fryer veggies unlike in the oven which takes about half an hour.
- Uses a variety of vegetables - I love how you can use many vegetables and cook them all at the same time. This is also one of my fridge clean-up recipes. A half pack of mushrooms, a cut red pepper, some broccoli florets, and half used onions all hiding in the vegetable drawer in the fridge gets used up in this recipe.
- They're flavourful, well seasoned and tastes so delicious - These air fried vegetables pack a lot of flavour thanks to spices and Worcestershire sauce used. It gets better the next day, if there's any left at all.
Ingredients and Notes
- Vegetables- a mix of broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, and onions.
- Oil - I use a light tasting olive oil, but any cooking oil like avocado oil, canola oil or any vegetable oil would work.
- Spices - garlic powder, black pepper, salt are used. You can add smoked paprika, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper for heat.
- Dried oregano - I like to use oregano but feel free to use dried thyme or rosemary.
- Worcestershire sauce - gives these vegetables more flavor. Substitute with soy sauce.
How to Roast Vegetables In Air Fryer
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: Chop the veggies in to similar size.
STEP TWO: Transfer them to a large bowl and add oil and Worcestershire sauce. Toss to coat.
STEP THREE: Mix the spices and dried oregano in a small bowl and sprinkle on the veggies.
STEP FOUR: Toss well so all the vegetables pieces are coated with oil and seasonings.
STEP FIVE: Preheat air fryer to 400˚F. Place the vegetables in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
STEP SIX: Air fry vegetables at 400˚F for 10 to 12 minutes shaking the basket halfway through.
STEP SEVEN: Transfer the air fried vegetables to a serving plate and serve warm.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Tip - If you're cooking more than one batch, after the last batch is done, place all the veggies back in the air fryer and warm it up for a minute or two. Or keep the air fried vegetables in a warm oven until ready to serve.
What Kind Of Vegetables To Use
You can cook all kinds of vegetables in the air fryer but when you cook a mix of vegetables, you need to cook them according to their firmness. Because not all vegetables cook at the same time; firm vegetables take more time to cook than tender veggies.
How To Air Fry Firm Vegetables
Firm vegetables like starchy and root vegetables take more time to cook in the air fryer. These veggies include
- Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut squash
I have recipes for cooking these vegetables individually in my site. To cook a mix of these veggies, cut them into roughly the same size, season and air fry them at 400˚F for about 20 minutes until tender.
How To Air Fry Tender Vegetables
Tender vegetables take less time to cook in the air fryer. These veggies include
- Bell pepper
- Yellow squash
- Green beans
- Brussels sprouts
My recipe below includes mostly tender veggies and they get cooked at 400˚F for about 10 to 12 minutes.
How To Air Fry A Mix Of Tender And Firm Vegetables
If you want to air fry a mix of both tender and firm vegetables I recommend air frying the firm vegetables first. About 10 minutes before it's done cooking, add the tender veggies to the air fryer and air fry until all the vegetables are cooked through.
How To Air Fry Frozen Vegetables
To air fry frozen vegetables, season and place in the air fryer basket. Air fry in a preheated air fryer at 400˚F for a 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Shake the basket the halfway through.
For extra oomph and deliciousness, serve these roasted vegetables drizzled with spicy mayo sauce. Or add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Storing and Reheating
Store- leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat- in the microwave or in the air fryer at 375˚F for a few minutes until warm through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. Air fryer uses very little oil than other conventional methods still making the vegetables come out crisp and tender. So air fried veggies are low in calories and healthy.
Use oil to coat the veggies and shake the basket halfway through.
Keep an eye on the veggies in the last minute or two.
Air fry on a low temperature than stated in the recipe.
Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes You'll Love:
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- ½ head broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- ¼ lb mushroom
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Chop the zucchini, red pepper and onion into cubes. Slice the mushrooms. Cut the broccoli into small florets. The vegetables should be cut to roughly the same size.
- Transfer them to a large bowl and add oil and Worcestershire sauce. Toss to coat.
- Mix the spices and dried oregano in a small bowl and sprinkle on the veggies.Toss well so all the vegetables pieces are coated with oil and seasonings.
- Preheat air fryer to 400˚F. Place the vegetables in a single layer in the air fryer basket.Air fry vegetables at 400˚F for 10 to 12 minutes shaking the basket halfway through.