These Air Fryer Apples are a warm, sweet and delicious treat perfect for snacking or as a dessert and comes together in just 10 minutes. Air-fried apples are tossed in spices, butter and brown sugar to make a luscious sauce that's simply irresistible!
I love "baking" fruits in the Air fryer for a quick dessert or a snack. The circulating hot air in the air fryer caramelizes and brings out the natural sweetness in the fruits in less time than the oven.
Apart from making apple chips, these baked apples in air fryer is our favorite dessert to make in Fall. The apples are tender, cinnamon spiced and has luscious coating of buttery sweet sauce.
Not only you can air fry apple, you can make delicious caramelized bananas, cinnamon pineapple in the air fryer too. Serve these fruit desserts with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an indulgent treat or to round up a meal with a sweet note!
For more Air fryer desserts, check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Can be made in 10 minutes - I love to make desserts that are easy and quick so this recipe is a winner.
- So flavorful and delicious - The air fried apples are coated in melted butter, brown sugar and spices to create rich, buttery, spiced sauce that's heavenly!
- So versatile and great on everything - Not only as a dessert or snack these air fryer cinnamon apples can be a topping for pancakes, waffles or oatmeal. They can be served as a side dish with meat dishes too.
- Apples - I used Gala apples but feel free to use any sweet apples like Fuji, Honey crisp or even tart apples like Granny Smith.
- Oil - a light coating of oil on apple slices helps spices stick to them. Use a mild flavored oil.
- Butter - to coat the air fried apples and for the sauce.
- Brown Sugar - goes well with apples giving that molasses flavor. White sugar or maple syrup can be substituted.
- Spices - A combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger takes these apples to the next level! Apple pie spice would be good substitute.
How to Make Air Fryer Apples
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: Rinse and dry the apples. Core and cut the apple into 8 slices. I use an apple slicer for this.
STEP TWO: Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger together in a small bowl. In a large bowl, toss the apples with oil and half of the cinnamon spice mix.
STEP THREE: Place the apples in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
STEP FOUR: Air fry apples at 375˚F for 10 minutes turning the apple slices halfway through.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP FIVE: Remove the air fried apples and transfer into a large bowl and add melted butter, brown sugar and the rest of the spice mix. Toss gently to coat. Serve and enjoy!
- You can peel the apples if you prefer it without skin or serving it for kids.
- Instead of slices try chopping the apples for the recipe, to use as a topping.
- Turn the apple slices halfway through the cooking for even cooking.
- Sprinkle the apple spices with sugar before air frying to make them caramelized.
Serving Air Fried Apples
This healthy baked air fryer apples can be served on their own or if you want it fancy, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a scrumptious dessert. A whipped cream topping will work too.
If you want to keep the calories down, vanilla yogurt, even Greek yogurt will be perfect.
Serve these apples as a side dish with chicken or meat.
Storing and Reheating
Store- leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for upto 5 days.
Reheat- in the microwave or in the Air fryer at 375˚F for a few minutes until warm through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a sweet, crisp apple like Gala, Fuji or Honey crisp or Pink lady. I personally prefer to use Gala as it goes on sale in Fall here in Ontario and we buy it in bulk.
If you prefer tart apples, use Granny Smith. Add more sugar to increase sweetness or adjust as you see fit.
More Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Air Fryer Peaches
- Air Fryer Caramelized Bananas
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Pineapple
- Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Roasted Nuts
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
Air Fryer Apples
- Apple Slicer
- 3 apples
- ½ tablespoon oil any mild flavored oil
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- Rinse and dry the apples. Core and cut the apple into 8 slices. I use an apple slicer for this.
- Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger together in a small bowl. In a large bowl, toss the apples with oil and half of the cinnamon spice mix.
- Place the apples in the air fryer basket.Air fry apples at 375˚F for 10 minutes turning the apple slices halfway through.
- Transfer the air fried apples into a large bowl and add melted butter, brown sugar and the rest of the spice mix. Toss gently to coat. Serve and enjoy!
Susan Hasiuk says
These are so easy to make. Love this simple recipe. Sooo delicious
Thank you Susan. I’m glad to hear that 🙂