Air Fryer Apple Chips are a healthy and delicious snack to have on hand. They need just two ingredients and can be made easily in the Air fryer. They're crispy and so addictive.
If you love sweet, crunchy food you need to give these air fryer apple chips a try. I didn't believe I could make them in the Air fryer and boy! I was wrong.
These homemade apple chips are crunchy, sweet with cinnamon flavor and so addictive. Not only my kids my entire family is obsessed with them. They're a nutritious snack as opposed to potato chips and are great on lunch boxes or on the go.
Making apple chips is so easy you'll want to make them all the time. You only need 2 ingredients to make this apple chips recipe, if you don't count the pinch of salt: fresh apples and cinnamon. That's it.
To make crispy apple chips in the air fryer, you need to slice the apples thinly. I recommend a mandolin slicer for this. If you love apple chips, air fry apples too. You'll love them I'll promise!
We love snacks made in the Air fryer like Roasted Almonds, Pineapple With Cinnamon and Nut Mix. For more Air fryer snacks, check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Delicious and healthy snack
- Just 2 ingredients
- So simple and easy
Ingredients and Notes
- Apples - Any apple that's firm and crunchy can be used for this recipe. My personal favorites are Gala, Pink Lady, Fuji and Granny Smith.
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make Air Fryer Apple Chips
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: Rinse and dry the apple. Slice the apple to about 0.2-inch thickness. Remove the seeds.
STEP TWO: Lay the apple slices on paper towels. Sprinkle cinnamon and a pinch of salt on top.
STEP THREE: Place the apple slices on the Air fryer basket in a single layer. Slices can be placed to be overlapped. Cook in batches if needed.
STEP FOUR: Air fry apples at 300˚F for 10 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Turn the slices over. Move the chips that were on the edges of the air fryer to the center and vice versa. This will make sure they all cook evenly. Air fry for another 5 minutes.
STEP SIX: Remove the apple chips and leave them for 1 to 2 minutes before snacking.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Follow these tips to get the perfect apple chips in the Air fryer.
- Slice- Use a mandolin to slice the apples. They're not expensive and it's so much easier to slice apples, potatoes or any vegetables that need to be sliced thinly. If you don't have a mandolin use a sharp knife and slice the apple as thinly as possible keeping them roughly the same thickness.
- Dry- the apple slices as much as possible. Lay them on a paper towel and use another one to press the moisture out of them.
- Move- Flip the apple slices over after 10 minutes. The slices near the edges of the air fryer basket would have already crisped up. Move them to the center of the basket. And move the ones from the center to the edges of the air fryer basket.
- Rest - The apple chips might still look limp when finished cooking. You need to leave them for a minute or two to crisp up.
These apple chips can be enjoyed on their own. If you're feeling adventurous pair them with a dip like cool whip, whipped cream, whipped yogurt, or any sweet dip.
I used cinnamon because it pairs so well with apples. You can sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice or any other ground spice like nutmeg on top.
I used sweet apples so I didn't use sugar in this recipe. Sprinkle some sugar if you like the crunch and more sweetness.
How To Store
Air-fried apple chips taste best on the day they're made. However, they can be stored in an airtight container for 1 or 2 days at room temperature. They will lose their crispiness the more they stay out.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend Gala, Fuji, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp or Ganny Smith apples. You can use your favorite apple variety.
You need to remove moisture as much as possible from the apple slices before cooking so they will crisp up in the short time that we're cooking. Use paper towels to dry the slices.
During the cooking time move the soggy slices to the edges of the air fryer where they have more heat.
More Recipes You'll Love:
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt a pinch
- Rinse and dry the apple. Slice the apple with a mandolin slicer or with a sharp knife to a 0.2-inch thickness. Remove the seeds.
- Lay the apple slices on a paper towel and dry with another paper towel. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Place the apple slices in the Air fryer basket and air fryer at 300˚F for 10 minutes.
- Turn the apple slices over. Move the uncooked apple slices from the middle of the basket to the edges and move the browned apple chips to the center of the basket. Air fry for another 5 minutes until all the chips are done.
- Remove the apple chips from the air fryer. They won't look crispy at this point. Leave them out for a minute or two to get crispy.
- Store in an airtight container and leave at room temperature for a day or two.
Leave a Reply