Air Fryer Roasted Almonds are an easy and delicious snack that you'll want to make every day. Air-fryer almonds have a nice golden, airy crunch that's totally addictive!
Turn that bag of plain nuts into a delicious and healthy snack with this Air fryer roasted almonds recipe. These seasoned roasted almonds are a breeze to make in the Air fryer, so you can always whip up a batch in no time. Take these nuts to the next level by making these Air Fryer Roasted Nut Mix(Sweet and Spicy). This honey-roasted nut mix is spicy, tangy, and irresistible.
According to Healthline, almonds contain massive amounts of nutrients. They're rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. The best way to include them in your diet to get these benefits is to eat them whole. If you've eaten raw almonds you know it tastes, milky, bland, and not very palatable. Roasting almonds is the easiest method to make almonds taste delicious without any extra calories.
This recipe is so easy to make with a few simple ingredients. It's so versatile as well. You only need 3 ingredients to roast the almonds. I love to roast my almonds in the Air fryer because it literally just takes 5 minutes. I can roast a small quantity in the Air fryer so when the batch is over I'll quickly roast another batch. This way I'll have freshly roasted nuts always on hand.
Roasted nuts make a delicious protein-rich snack everybody will love. I like to add dry roasted almonds to our trail mix along with raisins and seeds. They're great as a topping too. Try this Air fryer roasted almonds and you'll never eat plain almonds again!
For more Air fryer snacks check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
- Why we love Air Fryer Roasted Almonds
- How To Roast Almonds In The Air Fryer
- Important Tips
- Variations and Substitutions
- Ways To Use Roasted Almonds
- How To Roast Almonds In The Oven
- How to Store
- Common Questions
- Do you have to preheat the Air fryer?
- Should almonds be soaked?
- What temperature should I roast almonds at?
- More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Enjoy:
Why we love Air Fryer Roasted Almonds
- Easy and quick to make
- Great snack
- Olive oil
How To Roast Almonds In The Air Fryer
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
You can roast almonds in the Air fryer in two ways. You can dry roast the almonds or season and oil the raw almonds and roast it. You can also add seasonings after you dry roast the almonds and it will still stay fresh.
Step 1 - In a mixing bowl, combine almonds, olive oil and a pinch or two of salt. Mix well until the almonds are coated. If you want to dry roast the nuts without adding oil or salt, go to Step 2.
Step 2 - Place almonds in the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
Step 3 - Air fry almonds at 320F for about 5 minutes giving them a good shake halfway through. Almonds tend to get roasted faster so take a peep frequently. Look for golden-colored almonds.
Step 4 - Remove almonds immediately from the Air fryer basket and let it cool. As soon as you remove the almonds they'll be soft but they'll harden and be crunchy once they cool.
- No need to preheat your Air fryer. A preheated Air fryer might burn the nuts. And this is one of the recipes where I discourage pre-heating.
- Use parchment paper for easy handling.
- Halfway through the cooking time stir the nuts so they won't burn or give the Air fryer basket a good shake.
- Cooking times depend on the type of Air fryer. And nuts will cook fast so keep an eye on the nuts around 5-minute mark.
Variations and Substitutions
This is the basic recipe to use. But you can always add different ingredients to spice these nuts. You can make dry roasted almonds without adding any oil or salt. If you wish to add oil and seasoning after roasting nuts, that's possible too.
- Add melted butter or coconut oil instead of olive oil.
- Add a sprinkle of garlic powder, and paprika for a spicy kick.
- You can roast all kinds of nuts in the Air fryer- walnuts, pecans, cashews.
Ways To Use Roasted Almonds
Seasoned almonds - use them on their own as a snack, as a topping for salads, Buddha bowls, rice or grain bowls.
Dry roasted almonds - use them in trail mixes or when you want to avoid oil or salt. Chop almonds or crush them and use as a topping for ice creams, sundaes, or in smoothie bowls.
How To Roast Almonds In The Oven
If you don't have an Air fryer, you can make this recipe in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place nuts on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the nuts are roasted and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
How to Store
Store the roasted nuts at room temperature in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for a week. Make sure you close the lid tightly after every use.
Do you have to preheat the Air fryer?
This is one of the few recipes I discourage preheating the Air fryer. You run the risk of burning the nuts. You don't need to preheat.
Should almonds be soaked?
This recipe uses raw almonds. You don't need to soak the almonds. If you're using soaked almonds, drain and dry thoroughly. You will need to air fry for longer than stated in the recipe until the nuts are crunchy.
What temperature should I roast almonds at?
I roast nuts at a very low temperature, 320F. I suggest keeping the temperature low between 300F to 320F.
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Brownies
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Crispy and Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Best Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- You can roast almonds in the Air fryer in two ways. You can dry roast the almonds or season and oil the raw almonds and roast it. You can also add seasonings after you dry roast the almonds and it will still stay fresh.
Roasting Seasoned Almonds
- In a mixing bowl, combine almonds, olive oil and a pinch or two of salt. Mix well until the almonds are coated.
- Place almonds in the Air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry almonds at 320F for about 5 minutes giving them a good shake halfway through. Almonds tend to get roasted faster so take a peep frequently. Look for golden-colored almonds.
- Remove almonds immediately from the Air fryer basket and let it cool. As soon as you remove the almonds they'll be soft but they'll harden and be crunchy once they cool.
Dry Roasting Almonds
- Place the almonds in the Air fryer basket and air fry at 320F for 5 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through until golden.
- You can add oil and seasoning to dry roasted almonds and mix well to coat. Let it cool completely and store in an airtight container.