These crispy, toasted Air Fryer Ravioli are an Italian restaurant favorite that's easy to make at home. Skip the deep fryer and make this healthy version with less oil. They're insanely delicious and make a great party food or appetizer.
Who can resist these crispy little morsels full of cheesy pasta goodness? My guests go crazy over these Air fried ravioli when served at parties. So do my kids who love all things pasta. If you love crispy appetizer, you'll love these Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Rolls too.
You don't need a vat of oil or man the stove and deep fry them. All you need is the hottest appliance in the market, the Air Fryer, to make healthy appetizers that taste deep-fried. The circulating hot air in the air fryer toasts these ravioli into crispy goodness with less oil.
This Air fryer ravioli recipe is so easy and simple to make and takes less than 10 minutes. Both fresh and frozen ravioli can be air fried to crispy perfection. Serve the toasted ravioli with marinara sauce and watch them disappear.
For more Air Fryer Appetizers, check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
- Why We Love this recipe:
- Ingredients and Notes
- How to Make Air Fryer Ravioli
- Recipe Tips
- Serving Suggestions
- Storing and Reheating
- How To Make Crispy Ravioli In The Air Fryer From Frozen
- Can You Air Fry Ravioli Instead Of Boiling?
- Can You Air Fry Ravioli Without Breading?
- More Air Fryer Appetizers You'll Love:
Why We Love this recipe:
- Ravioli gets perfectly crispy just like deep-fried
- Quick and easy to make
- Healthy with less oil
- Great as an appetizer, party food or snack
Ingredients and Notes
- Ravioli - I used premade fresh spinach and cheese ravioli from the refrigerated section in my grocery store. Choose ravioli with any filling you prefer. You can use frozen ravioli too.
- Bread crumbs - I prefer to use normal instead of panko breadcrumbs. If you use seasoned or Italian breadcrumbs omit the seasoning.
- Parmesan cheese - fresh parmesan cheese grated or bottled should work.
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Air Fryer Ravioli
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. In a medium bowl, add bread crumbs parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and mix until combined.
STEP TWO: Make a breading station by placing the bowls of ravioli, eggs, and bread crumb mixture together.
STEP THREE: Dip each ravioli in the egg mixture then the breadcrumbs mix. Make sure the ravioli is fully coated with egg and then the breading.
STEP FOUR: Place the breaded ravioli on a plate and spray with olive oil spray on both sides.
STEP FIVE: Preheat air fryer at 380˚F for 5 minutes. Place the ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
STEP SIX: Air fry ravioli for 6 to 7 minutes until golden brown and puffed up. You can flip the ravioli and toast the other side too. But with my air fryer I don't need to do this.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP SEVEN: Transfer the crispy air-fried ravioli to a serving dish and sprinkle with grated parmesan, fresh herbs and serve with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Preheat - Preheating the air fryer is important if you want to taste like deep-fried ravioli. Since the air fryer is already heated it cooks the food quickly while making it crispy.
- Oil - Just because we don't deep fry doesn't mean we skip using oil at all. Oil is needed to make the food crispy and taste good. Spray a light coating of oil on the ravioli.
- Single layer - Make sure you place the ravioli in a single layer and leave some space for the hot air to circulate. Stacking the ravioli together will prevent it from cooking evenly. I had to cook my ravioli in two batches.
You can serve air fryer ravioli on their own or with a dipping sauce.
Below are a few options that taste good with this crispy appetizer:
- Marinara sauce
- Spicy Mayo Sauce
- Pesto sauce
Storing and Reheating
Store- If you have any leftover ravioli, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat- To reheat them, air fry at 380˚F for a few minutes until warm.
Freeze- You can also freeze breaded ravioli and air fry them later. This is great for parties so you can prep ahead and air fry them just before serving. To freeze breaded ravioli, place them on a lined baking sheet and place them in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag or container and keep them frozen for 3 months.
How To Make Crispy Ravioli In The Air Fryer From Frozen
If you have only the frozen and not the refrigerated ravioli, not to worry. You can still make delicious air fryer toasted ravioli from frozen.
Dip the frozen ravioli in flour first before dipping them in the eggs and breadcrumbs. The flour will absorb the excess moisture when the ravioli gets defrosted. Follow the recipe below but add another 2 to 3 minutes more to the cooking time.
Can You Air Fry Ravioli Instead Of Boiling?
You really don't need to be boiling ravioli to make this easy appetizer. It adds extra work.
The ravioli will get cooked perfectly in the air fryer and without the need for par-boiling first.
Can You Air Fry Ravioli Without Breading?
Of course. If you want to skip breading and air fry ravioli you can do so. You won't have the crispy coating but it will be delicious nonetheless.
Spray the ravioli with a light coating of cooking spray and air fry in a preheated air fryer at 380˚F for 5 to 6 minutes.
More Air Fryer Appetizers You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Roasted Nut Mix
- Air Fryer Shishito Peppers
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Air Fryer Ravioli
- 12 oz fresh ravioli from the refrigerated section
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. In another bowl, add breadcrumbs parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and mix until combined.
- Make a breading station by placing the bowls of ravioli, eggs, and breadcrumbs together. Dip each ravioli in the eggs then the breadcrumbs mix.
- Place the breaded ravioli on a plate and spray with olive oil cooking spray on both sides.
- Preheat air fryer at 380˚F for 5 minutes. Place the breaded ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry ravioli for 6 to 7 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.
- Transfer the crispy air-fried ravioli to a serving dish and serve with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.