Creamy and delicious, these keto pumpkin cheesecake fat bombs will curb your cravings for something sweet after dinner or anytime during the day!
Keto pumpkin cheesecake bites
I'm on a pumpkin kick lately and I'm excited to share with you another pumpkin recipe. I love all things pumpkin and pumpkin spice. As soon as I start seeing the canned pumpkins in store I buy a couple and make pumpkin recipes entire Fall.
Just because you are on a low carb or keto diet, you don't have to miss all the delicious Fall treats. Pumpkin is keto friendly in moderation and these no bake easy pumpkin cheesecakes bites are the perfect treat to enjoy on the low carb diet.
The keto pumpkin cheesecake fat bombs have a ground pecan coating and are creamy, delicious and so satisfying. They are packed with healthy fats, zero sugar and loads of pumpkin spice flavor. Plus they are so easy to make. What's not to love?
What are fat bombs?
Fat bombs are important, specially if you are in the beginning of your keto diet. They are keto friendly treats that will curb your hunger with healthy fats and help you meet your macros. Fat bombs can be made with any healthy fats like cow butter, nut butter, coconut oil or cheese.
The ingredients to make this keto cheesecake fat bombs are simple and you probably have them in your low carb keto pantry already.
If you want to know whether pumpkin can be included in your keto or low carb diet, check out this article : Is pumpkin keto friendly?
- Canned pumpkin - Use pure canned pumpkin puree NOT the pumpkin pie filling. Fresh pumpkin puree would work as well.
- Cream cheese - Let it come to room temperature to make it easy to mix.
- Butter - Let butter soften to mix it in. Ghee or coconut oil can be used for a dairy free option.
- Sweetener - I used Confectioners Swerve - that is powdered erythritol. Xylitol or monk fruit sweeteners can be used - make sure you use them powdered. Xylitol is harmful for pets so make sure you use caution. You can use powdered sugar, coconut sugar or maple sugar if you aren't on a low carb keto diet.
- Pumpkin pie spice - Make fresh pumpkin pie spice for great flavor. You can make my easy homemade pumpkin pie spice from here.
- Coconut flour - helps to absorb moisture and keep the fat bombs firm.
- Pecans - I use ground pecans for the cheesecake crust, aka the coating for this cheesecake bites. To crush the pecans, put them in a zip lock bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Alternatively, use a spice grinder or food processor to grind the nuts.
How to make
Add the softened cream cheese, softened butter, pumpkin puree, sweetener, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and mix until combined. You can do this in the food processor or a use a hand beater to mix everything in.
The batter should look like this. Place the batter in the freezer for about 1 hour or until it is firm enough to scoop and shape. While the batter is in the freezer, you can prepare the pecan coating.
Mix ground pecans, sweetener and cinnamon in a small bowl. Scoop out the pumpkin cheesecake mixture and shape it into a ball. Now roll the ball in the ground pecan mixture until it is well coated.
You can place them on mini muffin cases on a baking sheet and keep them in the freezer to firm up. Once they are firm, store them in a zip lock bag or container.
How to store
Once they firm up, I like to store them in the freezer in a zip lock bag or an air tight container. Let them thaw for a few minutes before eating.
They can be stored in the fridge too but if they tend to lose their shape pop it in the freezer.
Tips for making fat bombs
- Use full fat cream cheese for the fat bomb. I accidently used a reduced fat cream cheese and the fat bombs never held their shape.
- Make sure the pumpkin puree doesn't have too much moisture. This could happen with fresh pumpkin puree and the water and the puree could separate.
- Let the cream cheese and the butter soften for easier mixing. Or pop the cream cheese in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
- If you find that your cheesecake mixture is too soft to shape, pop them back in the freezer until they firm up. You can use a cookie scoop to scoop it out and sprinkle the ground pecans mixture on top.
More keto pumpkin recipes you'll love
- Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Spice Latte
- The Best Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 oz butter softened
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 2.5 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Ground Pecan Coating
- ⅓ cup pecans ground
- 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the cream cheese, butter, pumpkin puree, sweetener, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and coconut flour into a mixing bowl.
- Mix using a beater or a food processer until well combined. Cover the bowl and freeze until it is firm enough to shape or for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground pecans, sweetener and cinnamon together and keep it aside.
- Remove the cheesecake mixture from the freezer, scoop out the mixture and shape it into a ball.
- Gently coat each fat bomb in the ground pecan mixture and place it on a baking sheet. Pop back in the freezer till they are firm, for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Store in the freezer in a zip lock bag or an airtight container.