This easy Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs recipe makes light and fluffy scrambled eggs in minutes. You only need a few ingredients and a pan that fits in your Air fryer to whip up this breakfast favorite!
Eggs are a breakfast favorite for a good reason. They pack a lot of protein and nutrients and keep you full for longer. With a house full of boys, we run through a lot of eggs.
We love Air fryer eggs over here, especially Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs for salads, sandwiches, and just for snacking. But when we want a warm breakfast with eggs, scrambled eggs on toast is the preferred go-to.
Let me tell you, making scrambled eggs on the stovetop is a tedious task. You need to have the correct temperature and patience to get that velvety texture. But cooking scrambled eggs in the Air fryer is a breeze.
All you need is a few basic ingredients and a pan or dish that fits into and is safe to use in your Air fryer. Within a few minutes, you'll get that perfectly creamy, fluffy eggs, you only dreamt of. Feel free to add shredded cheese and herbs. Serve it with buttered toast or with sausages for keto/low-carb breakfast.
For more Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why We Love this recipe:
- Light, fluffy, perfectly creamy scrambled eggs
- Quick and easy to make- within minutes
- No need to man the stove
Ingredients and Notes
- Butter or Oil
- Heavy Cream or Milk
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Optional- grated cheese, herbs
How to Make Scrambled Eggs In The Air Fryer
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: Add butter or oil to a pan and place it in the Air fryer basket. Preheat Air fryer at 350˚F for 2 minutes. When the Air fryer preheats it'll also melt the butter.
STEP TWO: Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
STEP THREE: Remove the pan with tongs and give it a good swirl to spread the butter around. Or brush the melted butter with a pastry brush on and around the sides of the pan.
STEP FOUR: Pour the egg mixture into the pan and air fry eggs at 350˚F for 2 minutes.
STEP FIVE: When the 2 minutes are up remove the Air fryer basket and stir the eggs with a spatula. Then put the Air Fryer basket back in and cook scrambled eggs for another 2 minutes at the same temperature. Remove the Air fryer basket again and stir the eggs one last time. Put the Air fryer basket back and cook for one more minute. In total, you'll be cooking the eggs for 5 minutes. If your eggs aren't done by this time cook for another minute or two.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP SIX: When the eggs are done, remove the Air fryer basket and transfer the scrambled eggs to a plate. Enjoy!
- Pan - To make scrambled eggs in the Air fryer, use a pan that's Air Fryer or oven safe and one that fits into your Air fryer, like a pie pan or a cake pan. A non-stick pan would work really well.
- Melt butter - You don't have to separately melt the butter, put the pan in with the cold butter while the Air fryer is preheating.
- Wooden spoon/rubber spatula - Use a wooden or rubber spoon or spatula so as not to scratch the pan you're using.
- Stir - You need to remove the Air fryer basket twice while cooking and stir the eggs. This will break the eggs and create a creamy, velvety texture. If the eggs aren't stirred, they'll cook into an omelet.
- Double the recipe - You can cook more than 2 eggs at a time or as much your pan will allow. When doubling or tripling the recipe you might need to cook for a few minutes longer.
Toppings For Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
Want to elevate your scrambled eggs beyond the classic ingredients? Here are some of the toppings or add-ins that'll taste great. You can either add them to the eggs and cook or top your cooked eggs with them.
- Shredded cheddar cheese or Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onions
- Fresh herbs
- Chopped green chili
Make breakfast fun or elevate your weekend breakfast with a breakfast bar. Serve the scrambled eggs with all the toppings laid out so everyone can pick their favorite and discover some flavor combinations they love!
Scrambled eggs are so versatile and can be served in many ways.
Scrambled eggs on buttered toast are our favorite. You can have a side of Air Fryer Sausages to go along with it. You can cook the sausages after or before scrambling the eggs.
If you want to cook Air Fryer Bacon and Eggs cook the bacon after scrambling the eggs.
Serve the eggs with sausages or bacon for a keto/low-carb breakfast.
Storing and Reheating Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs taste best when they're fresh out of the pan. If you have any leftovers keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
To reheat the eggs, place them in a pan in the air fryer and reheat them at 375˚F for a few minutes until warm. When you reheat leftover eggs, they tend to become rubbery and overcooked.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Sausages
- Air Fryer Everything Bagels
- Air Fryer Blueberry Scones
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
- pie pan
- spatula or wooden spoon
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated cheese
- fresh herbs, chives, scallions
- Add butter or oil to a pan and place it in the Air fryer basket. Preheat Air fryer at 350˚F for 2 minutes. When the Air fryer preheats it'll also melt the butter. Spread the melted butter on and around the sides of the pan.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and air fry eggs at 350˚F for 2 minutes.
- When the 2 minutes are up remove the Air fryer basket and stir the eggs with a spatula. Then put the Air Fryer basket back in and cook the eggs for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the Air fryer basket again and stir the eggs one last time. Put the Air fryer basket back and cook for one more minute. In total, you'll be cooking the eggs for 5 minutes.
- When the eggs are done, remove the Air fryer basket and transfer the scrambled eggs to a plate. Enjoy!
- Store leftover scrambled eggs in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer or the microwave until warm.
Leave a Reply