Moist and full of nuts Air Fryer Banana Bread is so delicious you'll be wanting more. It cooks beautifully just like in the oven. Make a large loaf or two mini loaves and enjoy a slice or two for breakfast!
Air Fryer Banana Bread With Nuts
Can you make a traditional loaf of banana bread in the Air fryer? Heck, yeah! You can bake your favorite bread or desserts in the Air fryer. We love Air Fryer Blueberry Scones and Air Fryer Homemade Pizza Rolls. You can check my Air Fryer Collection for some of our favorite recipes.
Since I use my Air fryer almost daily, I decided to make a loaf of banana bread, our favorite breakfast. I tried my original banana bread recipe in an 8" x 4" loaf pan and although it was delicious, it rose too much. After tweaking the recipe a few times, I came up with the perfect Air fryer banana bread recipe that rises just enough, is moist, and cooks like a traditional loaf.
It's not a mini loaf and feeds a family of four generously and can be cut into 12 thick slices. For a family of two or just you, it would make a nice breakfast for several days!
If you have any overripe bananas lying around use them up to make this delicious loaf. I filled it with nuts so it has extra nutrition and nuts in every bite. It's moist with just enough sweetness. Have it for breakfast with a smear of butter or cottage cheese and a bit of runny honey. It will be perfect as a snack with a cup of coffee or tea!
We all love banana bread here and this Air fryer banana bread is kids and adult approved!
Why We Love This Easy Air Fryer Banana Bread:
- Just like banana bread made in the oven!
- Moist and delicious.
- Full of nuts.
- Easy to make.
- Great breakfast or snack
- Whole family approved!
- Ripe Banana
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Walnuts - pecans, almonds or any nuts you prefer
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Air Fryer Banana Bread
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar until the butter turns pale. Add egg one at a time and beat after each addition. Whisk the mashed bananas and vanilla extract in.
Fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt to the wet ingredients and stir in until well combined. Mix in ½ cup of walnuts.
Pour the batter into a greased and lined loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and some brown sugar on top. Cover with foil and pierce the foil in several places with a knife.
Preheat Air fryer for 325F for 3 minutes. Place the covered loaf pan in the basket and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove the foil and bake at 250F for another 5 minutes.
Remove the basket from the Air fryer and let it cool. Transfer the banana bread to a wire rack. Once cooled, cut into slices and enjoy!
Best Tips For Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Use overripe bananas. If bananas are not that ripe place them in a brown bag with an apple overnight to ripen them faster.
- Fill the batter to ¾th of the pan.
- Since the heating coil is on top we cover the banana bread with a foil not to burn the top. Pierce the foil with a knife for steam to escape. When the bread is cooked we remove the foil and bake it for another 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Do the skewer test for doneness. Insert a skewer in the center of the loaf once done. If it comes clean the bread is done. But with banana bread, it would come out a bit sticky at the end. It'll still be done.
Which Pans To Use In The Air fryer
I have a Cosori 5.8 quart Air fryer. I can fit this 8"x4" loaf pan in my Air fryer basket.
You can bake this bread in a 7" round cake pan too if it fits your model.
If you have a small Air fryer, use two mini loaf pans and divide the batter between them. Bake for 25 minutes and check doneness. Do the skewer test. If it comes clean with a bit of stickiness your bread is done. If not bake for another 5 minutes and check.
How to Make This Banana Bread In The Oven
If you don't have an Air fryer, you can still make this delicious loaf in the oven.
- Pour the batter into the greased and lined loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Bake the banana bread for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool and cut in to slices.
How To Store and Reheat
Store the banana bread covered in room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 5 days. You can warm them up in the microwave if you prefer.
How To Freeze Banana Bread
Yes, you can freeze banana bread. Wrap individual slices of banana bread in plastic wrap and freeze them for 3 months.
To thaw, leave it in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the microwave or your preferred method.
- Add ½ cup of chocolate chips instead of walnuts for chocolate chip banana bread.
- Add sliced almonds or chopped cashews on top instead of walnuts.
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Brownies
- Air Fryer Blueberry Scones
- Air Fryer Homemade Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- ⅔ cup natural cane sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas or 2 large bananas mashed
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup walnuts chopped
- Beat the softened butter and sugar until butter turns pale.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition. Add vanilla extract, mashed bananas and beat just until mixed with the batter.
- Fold the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon to the wet ingredients and stir in until well combined and there are no lumps of flour. Mix in ½ cup of walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 8"x4" loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and some brown sugar on top. Cover with foil and pierce the foil in several places with a knife.
- Preheat the Air fryer for 325 degree Fahrenheit for 3 minutes. Place the covered loaf pan in the basket and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the foil and bake at 250 degree Fahrenheit for another 5 minutes for the top to brown.
- Remove the basket from the Air fryer and let it cool. Transfer the banana bread to a cutting board and let it cool. Slice and serve.
- Storage - Store at room temperature, covered for 2 days. In the fridge for 5 days. Reheat in the microwave if you prefer.
- Freeze - Wrap the individual slices in plastic wrap and freeze for 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in your preferred method.
- Variations - add ½ cup chocolate chips instead of walnuts. Sprinkle sliced almonds or chopped cashews on top.
- Pan sizes - This recipe is tested on 8"x4" loaf pan. You can use a 7" round cake pan. Or 2 mini loaf pans. If using mini loaf pans, decrease the cooking time. Check for doneness at 25 minutes and cook for more if needed.