Air Fryer Sausages are the quick and easy way to cook Italian sausages or any kind of sausages! No mess, no fuss! Get this easy protein source quickly on the table by cooking it in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Sausages
Once you cook sausages in the air fryer, you'll cook it no other way. I used to cook them on the stovetop but I hate the cleaning after. Sausages have a lot of grease in them and there were grease splatters everywhere. Needless to say, the Air fryer makes it so easy and mess-free to cook the sausages.
There's no need to stand near the stove and check on the sausages regularly so they cook nicely on all sides and not get burnt. Air fryer cooks the sausages perfectly every time! It takes about 15 minutes to cook tender and juicy Italian sausages with the perfect crispy skin.
You can cook all kinds of sausages in the air fryer. Italian sausages, breakfast sausages, brats, or kielbasa. Cooking time will vary based on the type of sausages used. If it's already cooked, you need only need 5 to 8 minutes to get crispy skin and the meat to warm through.
Air fryer Italian sausage is a great protein source to include in your meals just like eggs, chicken, and meat. They're naturally gluten-free (Check the label). Sausages are great for low-carb and keto ways of eating.
For my family, I like to serve air fryer sausage with toast, and sunny side egg- like a full English breakfast! Sometimes they'll want it with a sausage bun, mustard and ketchup. Typical teenagers!
I like to have the cooked sausages cut up with a salad. They're great on their own but I've also sauteed cooked sausages for more flavor. Scroll below to find the recipe.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes check our favorites in Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why we love Sausages in the Air fryer:
- Quick and easy
- Crispy skin
- Juicy and tender sausage meat
- Perfect every time!
The only ingredient you need is your favorite Italian sausage uncooked or cooked. You'll find most brands have 5 sausage links per package.
How To Cook Sausages In the Air Fryer
You'll need to preheat the air fryer. This ensures the skin gets and nice crispy. Preheat the air fryer according to the manufacture's instructions. Or preheat at 370F for 5 minutes.
Place the sausages in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 12 to 15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through. Or until nice and crispy on the outside and fully cooked on the inside. Cut the sausage in the middle to check whether it's cooked or use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should read 160F.
Remove the sausage and place it on a paper towel to soak up excess grease.
- If you have a small air fryer or cooking more than five sausages in an air fryer, place them in a single layer with plenty of space in between. The hot air needs to circulate completely for the sausages to cook evenly.
- Use a parchment paper or aluminum foil in the air fryer basket for easy clean up.
- Air fryer cooking time may vary depending the size and the model. You might need to cook a few times to get your timings correct. Take these cooking times as a guide and go from there. Use an instant read thermometer to check the doneness.
- If the air fryer is smoking, keep a piece of bread between the air fryer baskets to soak up all the fat. Or you could a tablespoon of water in the bottom of the basket.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryer Sausages
How long to cook sausage in Air fryer?
For uncooked sausage, cook for 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
For breakfast sausages or mini sausage links, since they cook faster, you'll have to check them at 8-minute mark. Flip them and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until they are done.
For pre-cooked Italian sausages, cook them for 8 to 10 minutes until they are crispy and warmed through.
Can you cook raw sausages in Air fryer?
Yes, you can cook raw sausages in Air fryer. Look for uncooked Italian sausages. They normally come in 5 links per pack. They have both mild/sweet or spicy varieties.
Are sausages healthier in Air fryer?
Sausages can be enjoyed in moderation as a part of a healthy diet. Cooking sausage in Air fryer means we can eliminate extra fat that's required in other cooking methods.
How To Store and Reheat
If you want to store any leftovers, wrap them in aluminum foil or place them in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 3 days.
Reheat them in the Air fryer at 360F for 3 to 5 minutes until they're warm.
You can store uncooked sausages in the fridge for 3 days.
Sauteed Air Fried Sausages
One of my friends introduced me to this sauteed air-fried sausages and I'm hooked ever since. It's a delicious way to have the sausages on their own. You can pair this with rice, crunchy bread or have it on pasta.
Here's how to do it. Air fry the sausages. Once they are cooled, cut 3 of them into thick slices. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet and saute the sliced sausages. Add one or two tablespoons of ketchup and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. You can chili flakes and paprika for more heat. Stir well and saute for a few more minutes until the sausages are browned on the edges. Serve warm.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites
- Crispy and Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Shrimps
- Air Fryer Chicken Nugget
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
How To Cook Sausages In The Air Fryer
- 5 Italian sausages (mild or spicy)
- Preheat the Air fryer at 370F for 5 minutes.
- Place the sausages in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You can place parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Cook the sausages for 12 to 15 minutes flipping them halfway.
- To check doneness, cut a sausage in half or use an instant read thermometer. The internal temperature should be 160F. Serve warm.
- Store - any leftover sausages in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
- Reheat - in the Air fryer at 360F for a few minutes until warm.
- Store uncooked sausages - in the fridge for 3 days maximum.
- For sauteed sausages, cut up 3 air fried sausages. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet and saute the sausages. Add two tablespoons of ketchup and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Stir and saute until the sausage slices are browned. You can paprika or chili flakes for heat.
- The calories are calculated based on Italian chicken sausages. For beef, turkey sausages the nutrition information will be different. Check the label for more info.