Air fryer hard-boiled eggs will make your life easier. No more waiting until the water boils. These hard-boiled eggs are hands-off, done within 15 minutes, and peel off easily. Great for meal prep and to use in a salad, sandwiches, or as a snack or healthy breakfast.
I never believed in "boiling" eggs in the Air fryer until I tried them. I was blown away by the results. You see, I was perfectly happy with my Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs until I was convinced by Facebook groups that I'm a part of and my readers. I'm glad I tried and my only regret is not cooking eggs in the Air fryer sooner.
No waiting near the stove to boil water. This method is completely hands-off. The circulating hot air in the air fryer cooks the eggs without the need for water. Place the eggs in the Air fryer basket, set the timer and you're all set.
When the time is up remove the eggs from the air fryer, plunge them in an ice bath, and voila, your eggs peel right off. How easy can it get? You can cook hard-boiled eggs in the air fryer in just 15 minutes. So simple and easy.
Cooked eggs are a convenient and healthy breakfast or snack. It's full of protein and nutrients. I always keep boiled eggs in my fridge to make my Best Egg Salad, deviled eggs, potato salads, and use in curries or sandwiches.
For more healthy air fryer breakfast recipes, check out our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
- Why We Love this recipe:
- How to Make Air Fryer hard boiled eggs
- Tips for making perfect Air fryer hard-boiled eggs
- How To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- How To Store
- How long does it take to hard boil eggs in the air fryer?
- Will the eggs explode in the air fryer?
- Air Fryer breakfast Recipes You'll Love:
Why We Love this recipe:
- Perfect hard-boiled eggs every time unlike the stovetop method
- No water, no mess, and hands off
- Done in 15 minutes
- Easy peel
How to Make Air Fryer hard boiled eggs
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: Place a wire rack or trivet in the air fryer basket and place the cold eggs on it.
STEP TWO: Cook the eggs at 270°F for 13 to 15 minutes.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP THREE: Prepare an ice bath by placing ice cubes in a bowl of cold water.
STEP FOUR: Remove the eggs from the air fryer and place them in the ice bath for 5 minutes to stop cooking further.
STEP FIVE: Peel the eggs. They should come off easily. Cut in half and serve with a sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper for a delicious snack or healthy breakfast.
Tips for making perfect Air fryer hard-boiled eggs
- Fresh eggs are hard to peel. Use a few days old eggs and it will peel off easily.
- Use a wire rack or a metal trivet that fits in your air fryer to keep the eggs in place while cooking.
- Prepare an ice bath or have a bowl of cold water ready for the eggs. This will prevent the cooking further from the residual heat.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the eggs once they're done cooking. They'll be very hot.
How To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
One of the best things about these eggs is that they peel easily. As soon as they are done cooking transfer them to an ice bath and let them cool for 5 minutes.
An ice bath is simply some ice cubes in a bowl of water. Make sure you have this ready when the eggs are done cooking.
Pat the eggs on the counter to break the shell and remove it. If you still find the shell stuck to the eggs, hold the egg under running water and peel.
How To Store
Hard-boiled eggs are great for meal prep and they're super versatile.
Once peeled, store them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel on top of the eggs. Close the lid and place it in the fridge. They will last for about five days.
You can store the eggs without peeling too. Store them in an airtight container for up to 5 to 6 days.
How long does it take to hard boil eggs in the air fryer?
Cook the eggs in the air fryer at 270°F.
- Hard boiled egg with soft yolk - 13 minutes
- Hard boiled egg with firm yolk - 15 to 17 minutes
- Soft boiled eggs - 7 to 9 minutes
I use a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. This is an estimate as to how long it will take to hard boil eggs. The timings may vary depending on the size and the model of the air fryer you have. I suggest cooking one egg and seeing how long it takes you. There is a bit of experimentation involved but you only have to do it once.
If your air fryer doesn't go below 300°F remove the eggs at 10 minutes and see whether they're done.
Will the eggs explode in the air fryer?
If you are worried that the eggs will explode in the air fryer you can rest easy. They won't. We cook the eggs at a very low temperature so they cook perfectly and to prevent the eggs from blowing out.
If you see any raised spots in the eggs that's the pressure built inside the egg. You don't have to do anything. The eggs will be cooked perfectly.
Air Fryer breakfast Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Blueberry Scones
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Air Fryer Everything Bagels
- Air Fryer Hashbrowns
- Air Fryer Sausages
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- 4 eggs
- Place a rack or trivet in the air fryer basket and place the eggs on it.
- Cook the eggs at 270°F for 13 to 15 minutes. -For hard-boiled eggs with soft yolks cook them for 13 minutes. -For firm yolks, cook them for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Prepare an ice bath by placing ice cubes in a bowl of water. Remove the eggs from the air fryer and place them in the ice bath or cold water for 5 minutes to stop cooking further.
- Peel the eggs. They should come off easily or peel them under running water.
- Once peeled, store them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel on top of the eggs. Close the lid and place it in the fridge. They will last for about five days.
- You can store the eggs without peeling too. Store them in an airtight container for up to 5 to 6 days.