Healthy, crispy, and packed with umami flavor these Air fryer Asian green beans are a delicious snack you’ll want to serve again and again. Also perfect as a quick side dish with Chinese-style dishes, it's vegetarian and gluten-free.
Air Fryer Green Beans - Chinese Style
Air fryer Asian green beans are tossed with sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic powder, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes - Chinese flavors that make them so irresistible, just like the ones you get at PF Changs's, Mandarin or popular Chinese restaurants and take-outs. They are tender and crisp without deep frying and so healthy for you.
If you like green beans, you'd like my Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans with Lemon- Mediterranean flavors that taste light and fresh. Or try this Skillet Green Beans with Almonds- if you like to cook it on the stove or don't have an Air fryer yet.
I love roasting vegetables in the Fryer. You'll love Air fryer vegetables such as Air Fryer Cauliflower, Air Fryer Broccoli and Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts . Air fryer cooks food by circulating hot air around, making them perfectly roasted and so delicious than any other cooking method. Plus they're convenient and take less time. We consume more vegetables now thanks to the Air fryer.
You'll definitely want to have these Chinese-style green beans as a snack. I'm known to finish them in one sitting. They'll also be great as a side dish for Asian dishes.
I use fresh green beans that's already cut and washed. You can use frozen green beans in this recipe and they taste good too.
If you're looking for more Air fryer side dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
- Air Fryer Green Beans - Chinese Style
- Ingredients and Notes
- How To Make Green Beans In Air Fryer
- Best Tips
- How To Store And Reheat Green Beans
- How To Cook Frozen Green Beans In The Air Fryer
- How To Serve Chinese Style Air Fryer Green Beans
- Common Questions
- More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Why We Love Green Beans In Air Fryer:
- Delicious with Chinese flavors - umami and sweet
- Tender and crisp
- Quick and easy
Ingredients and Notes
- Fresh Green Beans - I use pre-cut and washed green beans for convenience. If you're buying fresh green beans in bulk, rinse them under running water, dry with paper towels and trim the ends.
- To trim the ends of green beans - hold a few green beans together and cut the ends with a sharp knife. Trim the other end the same way. Or use my grandma's method - take each bean and snip the end with your fingers, specifically pinching with your thumb and index finger. She'd do this while having a conversation with us.
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Garlic Powder - If you want to use fresh garlic, slice them and toss with the beans.
- Ginger minced - this is optional.
- Black pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Brown Sugar
How To Make Green Beans In Air Fryer
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Rinse and trim the green beans (or use pre-cut and washed). In a small bowl add the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper and red chili flakes.
Whisk the marinade until the sugar is completely dissolved. In a large bowl, toss the green beans with marinade until well coated. Let it sit for 5 minutes for flavors to absorb.
Preheat Air fryer at 380F for 3 minutes. Place the green beans on the Air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 8 minutes or until tender and crisp, shaking the basket halfway through. Increase the cooking time by a minute or two for extra crispy beans.
Transfer the Air fried green beans to a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Pre-cut and washed green beans - use them to make this recipe on busy weeknights. It's so convenient and saves me a lot of time when I'm in a hurry.
- Enough space - Make sure you have space around the green beans so they can cook evenly.
- Cook in batches - I can fit in about 1 pound of green beans in my 5.8 quart Air fryer. If you're cooking more than that or have a small air fryer, cook it in batches.
- Keep them warm - by putting all roasted green beans together and air frying for 1 or 2 minutes just before serving.
How To Store And Reheat Green Beans
STORE leftover green beans in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
REHEAT them in the Air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes.
PREP AND FREEZE - place the seasoned green beans in a parchment-lined baking sheet and flash freeze. Once frozen transfer to a freezer bag and freeze for 3 months.
NOTE- I don't recommend freezing cooked green beans.
How To Cook Frozen Green Beans In The Air Fryer
It's so easy to reheat frozen green beans in the Air fryer. It's the best way to make green beans taste fresh and crispy, whether it's store-bought or homemade.
To reheat, simply toss them with the marinade and air fry them at 400℉ for 10 to 12 minutes until they're tender and crisp.
How To Serve Chinese Style Air Fryer Green Beans
These green beans are great on their own as a snack.
Should I soak green beans before cooking?
No, you don't need to. Just rinse them in water and pat dry.
Do you need to cut them before cooking?
I don't cut green beans and just trim the ends. If you prefer cutting the green beans in half, you can do so.
How to air fry green beans without oil?
You don't need oil to air fry but it will be on the drier side. A little oil will give a crisp texture without drying the green beans.
How long to cook the green beans?
For fresh green beans, cook them at 380℉ for 8 minutes.
For frozen green beans, cook them at 400F for about 10 to 12 minutes.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
- Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Asian Green Beans
- 12 oz green beans
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced optional
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- sesame seeds, to serve
- Rinse and pat the green beans dry. Trim the ends, if needed.
- To a small bowl, add sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, minced garlic if using, black pepper, red chili flakes and brown sugar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the marinade until well coated. Let it sit for 5 minutes for flavors to absorb.
- Preheat Air fryer at 380F for 3 minutes. Place the green beans on the Air fryer basket.
- Air fryer for 8 minutes or until tender and crisp, shaking the basket halfway through. Cook for another minute or two, if you want it extra crispy.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- STORE - leftover green beans in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- REHEAT - them in the Air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes.
- PREP AND FREEZE - place the seasoned green beans in a parchment-lined baking sheet and flash freeze. Once frozen transfer to a freezer bag and freeze for 3 months.
- TO COOK FROM FROZEN - Air fry them at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes.