Crispy on the edges and tender on the inside, these Air fryer Brussels sprouts are the best with a spicy mayo sauce. They are so easy, delicious and a perfect side dish for the holiday table or any meal!
Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Air fryer Brussel sprouts are crispy on the edges and tender on the inside with a sweet and nutty caramelized taste. You only need a few basic ingredients to make this crispy Brussels sprouts. What makes this the best out there is the spicy mayo sauce. It takes this simple veggie to a restaurant quality dish!
The spicy mayo sauce or the aioli is great drizzled on the roasted Brussels sprouts or served alongside as a dipping sauce.
Why I love Brussel Sprout In The Air Fryer
- Easy to make - a few simple ingredients and you have a delicious side dish.
- Quick - Takes about 10 minutes for healthy, crispy, tender Brussels sprouts and air frying is faster than the oven.
- Perfect every time - It gives perfect roasted brussels sprouts every time!
If you like more air fryer recipes, check out my Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli.
If you're looking to make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, you only need a few basic kitchen staples.
- Brussels Sprouts
- Any neutral oil (light olive oil, avocado oil or vegetable oil)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How To Make Brussel Sprout In An Air Fryer
It's important you trim the nubby bits at the top of the Brussels sprouts. Discard any outer leaves that are discoloured or wilted. Give the Brussels sprouts a good rinse. Dry them with paper towels to soak up any extra water.
Cut the Brussels sprouts in half. This means more surface area for crispy caramelized edges.
In a large mixing bowl, add Brussels sprouts, oil, salt and pepper. Toss until all the brussels sprouts are coated with oil and seasoning.
Place it on the air fryer basket on a single layer. Cook in batches if needed.
Air fry brussels sprouts at 400˚F for 10 to 12 minutes. Or until crispy and browned. Shake the basket halfway through.
Remove the Air fried Brussels sprouts and serve with spicy mayo sauce.
Tips For Perfect Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Here are a few tips to getting the perfect Brussel sprouts in the air fryer every time!
- Look for fresh brussels sprouts that are bright green in color. They're sweet and give lovely caramelized edges.
- Discard any imperfect outer layers - discolored or wilted - and expose a fresh base.
- After you rinse the brussels sprouts, lay them on paper towels to soak up any excess water.
- Trim the nubby ends on top and cut the brussels sprouts in half. This gives more surface area for crispy edges.
- Don't over crowd the air fryer basket. Place the cut brussels sprouts in a single layer and cook in batches if needed.
- After cooking, place all the brussels sprouts in the air fryer and heat up for one minute.
There are so many ways to flavor the brussels sprouts. Here are some of my favorites:
- Add freshly grated parmesan cheese and make mouth-watering Parmesan Air fryer Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle the cheese before or after cooking. A tablespoon or two of parmesan cheese is what you need.
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt for a spicy kick.
- Drizzle the air fried Brussels sprouts with a balsamic vinegar glaze.
- Serve cooked brussels sprouts with crumbled bacon.
If you want to make ahead, just wash and trim your brussels sprouts and store in a covered container in the fridge until ready to use. Add oil and seasonings before cooking.
Keep the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. I don't recommend freezing the cooked ones. Reheat them in the Air fryer at 375˚F until they're warmed through.
Frequently Asked Questions
To cook frozen brussels sprouts, toss them with oil and seasoning and air fry at 400˚F for about 15 minutes or until they're tender and crispy.
Brussels sprouts are low carb vegetable contains many vitamins and minerals. Since we're using less oil to cook them in the Air fryer they're definitely healthy for you.
You can clean brussels sprouts and freeze them in a freezer bag for meal prep or to use later. I don't recommend freezing cooked brussels sprouts.
It could be due to high heat or longer cooking time. Try to reduce the temperature to 380˚F to 375˚F. Shake the basket to move the brussels sprouts around so they cook evenly.
More Vegetable Recipes
Love vegetables? Here are some vegetable recipes for you to try
- Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- Green Beans with Almonds
- Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts With Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 1 lb brussel sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- red chili flakes
- Wash and trim brussel sprouts. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Add the brussel sprouts, oil, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Mix well until the brussel sprouts are coated with oil and seasonings.
- Place the brussel sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- Roast the brussel sprouts at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy and brown. Shake the basket half way through.
- For the spicy mayo sauce, whisk all the ingredients in a jar until combined. Adjust seasoning. Or you can use the spicy mayo sauce with Sriracha.
- Serve the roasted broccoli sprouts warm, with the spicy mayo drizzled over or on the side. Garnish with red chili flakes.
- Rinse the Brussel sprouts and dry them in paper towels to soak up excess water.
- Place the brussel sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Don't over crowd. Cook in batches if needed.
- After cooking, place the all the brussel sprouts in the air fryer and heat up for a minute.
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge, covered in a container for 2 to 3 days.
- For flavor variations, see post for details.
Can we use frozen one
Yes you can. Increase the cooking time.