Crispy on the edges and tender on the inside, these air fryer Brussel sprouts are the best with a spicy mayo sauce. They are so easy to make and great for the holiday table or any day of the week!
The Best Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
We love brussel sprouts in our house, even the kids! I never thought kids would like them so I didn’t bother to turn on the oven and roast a sheet of brussel sprouts. Then things changed after I bought the air fryer. I tried cooking vegetables in the air fryer because it is so easy. To my utter surprise, they loved the brussel sprouts! That’s how air fryer brussel sprouts became a staple in our house.
Air fryer Brussel sprouts are crispy on the edges and tender on the inside with a sweet and nutty caramelized flavor. So delicious! I use a few simple ingredients to roast the brussel sprouts. What makes this the best air fryer brussel sprouts recipe is the spicy mayo sauce. It takes the boring brussel sprouts to a whole new level. Almost restaurant quality!
The spicy mayo sauce or the aioli is great drizzled on the roasted brussel sprouts or served alongside as a dipping sauce. With this sauce I could eat brussel sprouts all day, everyday! If I didn’t get gassy, that is!
Why I love Brussel sprouts in the air fryer
Easy to make – a few simple ingredients and you have a delicious side dish or a snack.
Quick – Takes less than 10 minutes for healthy, crispy, tender goodness.
Perfect every time – It gives perfect roasted brussel sprouts every time!
If you like more air fryer recipes, check out my Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli.
If you’re looking to make basic Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts, you only need a few basic kitchen staples. And to be honest, that’s how my kids like them! Just plain, old boring roasted brussel sprouts! But if you love spicy, tangy, creamy kick to your brussel sprouts, I highly recommend you give the spicy mayo sauce a try along with the garnishes. You’ll love it!
- Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel Sprouts
- Any neutral oil (light olive oil, avocado oil)
- Spicy Mayo Sauce
- Red Hot sauce
- Garlic powder
- Lemon juice
- Red chili flakes
How to make
It’s important you trim the nubby bits at the top of the brussel sprouts. Discard any outer leaves that are discolored or wilted. Give the brussel sprouts a good rinse. Dry them with paper towels to soak up any extra water.
Cut the brussel sprouts in half. This means more surface area for crispy caramelized edges.
In a large mixing bowl, add brussel sprouts, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well until all the brussel sprouts are coated with oil and seasoning.
Place it on the air fryer basket on a single layer. Cook in batches if needed.
Roast the brussel sprouts at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes. Or until crispy and browned. Shake the basket halfway through.
For the spicy mayo, whisk all the ingredients until combined.
Serve warm with spicy mayo sauce drizzled on top or on the side with a sprinkle of chili flakes on top.
Tips for success
Here are a few tips to getting the perfect Brussel sprouts in the air fryer every time!
- Look for fresh brussel sprouts that are bright green in color. They are sweet and gives lovely caramelized edges.
- Discard any imperfect outer layers – discolored or wilted – and expose a fresh base.
- After you rinse the brussel sprouts, lay them on paper towels to soak up any excess water.
- Trim the nubby ends on top and cut the brussel sprouts in half. This gives more surface area for crispy edges.
- Don’t over crowd the air fryer basket. Place the cut brussel sprouts in a single layer and cook in batches if needed.
- After cooking, place all the brussel sprouts in the air fryer and heat up for one minute.
There are so many ways to flavor the brussel sprouts. Here are some of my favorites:
- Season brussel sprouts with salt, pepper and grated parmesan.
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt for a spicy kick.
- Toss the roasted brussel sprouts in a balsamic vinegar glaze.
- Serve roasted brussel sprouts with crumbled bacon.
If you want to make ahead, just wash and trim your brussel sprouts and store in a covered container in the fridge until ready to use. Add oil and seasonings before cooking.
Keep the leftover roasted brussel sprouts in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing the cooked ones. Reheat them in your chosen method.
More vegetable recipes
Love vegetables? Here are some vegetable recipes for you to try
The Best Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb brussel sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- red chili flakes
- Wash and trim brussel sprouts. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Add the brussel sprouts, oil, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Mix well until the brussel sprouts are coated with oil and seasonings.
- Place the brussel sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- Roast the brussel sprouts at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy and brown. Shake the basket half way through.
- For the spicy mayo sauce, whisk all the ingredients in a jar until combined. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve the roasted broccoli sprouts warm, with the spicy mayo drizzled over or on the side. Garnish with red chili flakes.
- Rinse the Brussel sprouts and dry them in paper towels to soak up excess water.
- Place the brussel sprouts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Don’t over crowd. Cook in batches if needed.
- After cooking, place the all the brussel sprouts in the air fryer and heat up for a minute.
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge, covered in a container for 2 to 3 days.
- For flavor variations, see post for details.