A fun way to serve cauliflower, these Air fryer cauliflower steaks are perfectly tender with crispy edges. They are vegan, low-carb, gluten-free, and make a perfect appetizer or side dish.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
Cauliflower is one of my favorites. Not to mention, it's a versatile vegetable. Air fryer cauliflower steaks is a fancy and effortless way to serve cauliflower.
I love roasting vegetables in the Fryer. You'll love Air fryer vegetables such as Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower, Air Fryer Green Beans, Air Fryer Broccoli and Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts. The Air fryer cooks food by circulating hot air around, making them perfectly roasted and so delicious than any other cooking method. Plus they're convenient and take less time. We consume more vegetables now thanks to the Air fryer.
These air fryer roasted cauliflower steaks are perfectly tender with crispy edges. A simple marinade with a few ingredients makes this dish flavorful and so delicious!
Pair these Air fryer cauliflower steaks with any meat or chicken for a healthy dinner. It will shine on its own as a main dish in a vegan or vegetarian diet. Serve it with a dipping sauce for a tasty appetizer.
Cauliflower steak is a healthy addition to any meal with plenty of fiber and nutrients. They're low carb, gluten-free and vegan.
If you're looking for more Air fryer side dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
- Ingredients and Notes
- How To Cut Cauliflower Into Steaks
- How To Make Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
- Best Tips
- How To Store And Reheat
- Seasoning Ideas
- How To Serve Air Fryer Cauliflower Steak
- Common Questions
- How long to cook cauliflower steak in the air fryer?
- What to do with extra cauliflower?
- How to cook cauliflower steak in the oven?
- More Cauliflower Recipes:
- More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love:
Why We Love Cauliflower Steaks in Air Fryer:
- Quick and easy - cooks in about 12 to 15 minutes
- Full of flavor and delicious
- Healthy side dish or appetizer
Ingredients and Notes
- Cauliflower - one medium or large head of cauliflower.
- Olive oil - any neutral cooking oil like avocado oil, vegetable oil or melted butter.
- Garlic - minced or garlic powder
- Turmeric powder
- Salt - sea salt or kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Parsley - chopped
- Lemon - wedges to serve
How To Cut Cauliflower Into Steaks
Choose a cauliflower that's blemish-free and looks white and creamy in color. If it's individually wrapped make sure it doesn't smell when you remove the plastic. Then remove the tough outer leaves with a sharp knife.
Cut the cauliflower in half. Cut each half into 1-inch thick slices. You might be able to get 4 steaks out of a medium head of cauliflower. You can add the marinade to the extra cauliflower florets and roast them in the Air fryer. Or save them to use in other recipes.
How To Make Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Place the cut cauliflower steaks on a cutting board. Mix the olive oil with minced garlic, turmeric powder, salt, black pepper and chopped parsley in a small bowl.
Brush the marinade all over the cauliflower steak. Preheat Air fryer at 380F for 3 minutes. Place them on the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cauliflower steak is golden brown with crispy edges and fork-tender. You can turn the cauliflower steak and cook for a few more minutes for even browning on both sides. If the cauliflower looks dry, brush with more oil. For roasted and crispy cauliflower steaks with a charred exterior, cook for an extra few minutes.
- Single layer - Leave some space around the cauliflower steaks, for the hot air to circulate completely and make it crispy. Cook in batches if needed. You can keep them warm by heating up all cauliflower for a minute or two in the Air fryer just before serving.
- Be gentle - when you turn the cauliflower during cooking. I've had several come apart. It's still perfectly tasty but if you're going for a nice presentation be gentle when turning or removing.
How To Store And Reheat
STORE leftover cauliflower in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
REHEAT them in the Air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm and crisp.
Cauliflower steaks are so versatile you can season them in so many ways. Here are some of my favorites.
- For a cheesy flavor, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Add ½ teaspoon red chili powder or smoked paprika.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese at the end of cooking.
- Use cajun seasoning, taco seasoning or fajita seasoning to kick things up a notch.
- You can add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or lime juice for the marinade.
How To Serve Air Fryer Cauliflower Steak
- Serve them alongside any chicken or meat dish.
- They'll be great on their own with a spicy mayo or ranch dipping sauce drizzled on top.
- Serve cauliflowers steaks as a main dish with rice, quinoa or a salad.
How long to cook cauliflower steak in the air fryer?
Cook the cauliflower for 12 to 15 minutes at 380F. You can cook for a few more minutes depending on how crispy or roasted you want it to be.
What to do with extra cauliflower?
Make an extra batch of marinade and toss the cauliflower florets in it. Follow the recipe. Or try my Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower recipe. Save them for Cauliflower Rice, Mashed Cauliflower or Cauliflower Curry.
How to cook cauliflower steak in the oven?
If you're making this for more than 2 people or want to make a large quantity, baking in the oven would be ideal.
Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the seasoned cauliflower steak on that and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cauliflower is fork-tender.
More Cauliflower Recipes:
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon wedges to serve
- Remove the outer leaves of cauliflower with a sharp knife. Cut the cauliflower in half. Cut each half into 1-inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with minced garlic, salt, black pepper, turmeric powder and chopped parsley. Brush the marinade all over the steak.
- Preheat Air fryer to 380F for 3 minutes. Place the cut cauliflower steak on the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook cauliflower for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown, crispy on the edges and fork-tender. Flip and cook for another minute or two if you want the other side browned. If the cauliflower looks dry, brush with more oil. Brown the cauliflower steaks for a few extra minutes for a charred exterior.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.
- Store - leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat - in the air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Seasoning Ideas -
- Add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese at the end of cooking
- Add 1 tablespoon cajun, taco, or fajita seasoning
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice to the marinade
- Save extra cauliflower florets for air frying, making rice or in soups and curries.