Creamy and filling cauliflower curry made in minutes in the Instant pot for a quick weeknight meal. Great with rice, roti or bread.
If you’re a creamy coconut curry lover with generous helping of vegetables can we be friends? You’ll thank your new found friend because it can be made in minutes in the Instant pot. You’re welcome.
Who has the time to spend hours in the kitchen on a weekday with a screaming toddler rooted to their hips? And two tweens hovering in the kitchen asking when the dinner will be ready?
Did I say apart from cauliflower you can get in extra vegetables in this curry? It’s a big win for a momma if she can get her kiddos to eat veggies in any form. I’ll take veggies in a curry any day rather than a steamed cold version. Don’t you agree?
Needless to say this curry is in my weekly meal rotation.
What do you need to make this curry?
- Coconut milk
- Green peas
- Curry powder
- Green chili
- Chili flakes
How to make this curry
We need to saute the vegetables to bring more flavour so start by pressing the saute button and add the oil. Add mustard seeds, onion and minced garlic.
When the onion turn translucent, we’ll add the tomatoes and chopped green chili.
Then goes the cauliflower, carrot and green peas followed by curry powder and salt. They are mixed well until coated with spices and sauteed for a minute or two.
The we’ll add the coconut milk and water.
Close the lid and turn the vent to the sealing position.
We need to cancel the saute function and pressure cook in high for 2 minutes.
When the two minutes are up, we do a quick release so as to not to overcook the vegetables.
Add lemon juice and chili flakes and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve warm with rice.
Tips for making cauliflower coconut curry in Instant pot
- Instead of curry powder you can add a mix of chili powder 1 tsp, turmeric powder 1/2 tsp, coriander powder 1 tsp and cumin powder 1 tsp.
- I like mustard seeds in the curry but if you don’t have any leave them out.
- Pressure cook for 2 minutes and and do a quick release to prevent overcooking the vegetables.
More instant pot recipes to try
More curry recipes to try
Instant pot cauliflower coconut curry
- Instant pot
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 roma tomato chopped
- 1 green chili sliced
- 4 cup cauliflower 1 medium sized head
- 1 carrot sliced
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk 1.5 cup
- ¼ cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- coriander leaves to garnish
- Press the Saute button in the instant pot.
- Add oil and when the screen says hot add in the mustard seeds, onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green chili. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add the cauliflower florets, sliced carrots and green peas followed by curry powder and salt. Mix well until the vegetables are coated in curry powder.
- Add the coconut milk and water. Close the lid and turn the vent to the sealing position.
- Press cancel and pressure cook for 2 minutes on high. When the 2 minutes are up, do a quick release.
- Add lemon juice and chili flakes. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve warm with rice or roti.