Make healthy and tasty Air fryer roasted eggplant in just 15 minutes. These spicy eggplant cubes are so versatile and can be used as a side dish or in pasta, curries, or salads.
Air Fryer Roasted Eggplant
Air fryer roasted eggplant is an easy and healthy side dish that's ready in just 15 minutes. I used to fry the eggplant and now I can make it without deep frying. It has crispy edges and is tender in the middle. This crispy roasted eggplant uses a simple spice blend and tastes so delicious! And it's suitable for many diets as it's gluten-free, vegan, low carb and keto-friendly.
I love roasting vegetables in the Fryer. You'll love Air fryer vegetables such as Air Fryer Green Beans, Air Fryer Broccoli and Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts. The Air fryer cooks food by circulating hot air around, making them perfectly roasted and so delicious than any other cooking method. Plus they're convenient and take less time. We consume more vegetables now thanks to the Air fryer.
Eggplants are so versatile and can be used in many ways. I love to use Air fryer eggplant in curry, pasta, salad, or grain bowls.
You don't need to salt the eggplant beforehand. This cuts down the cooking time and makes for a fast and easy eggplant dish that can be made in minutes.
If you're looking for more Air fryer side dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
Why We Love Eggplant in Air Fryer:
- Perfectly roasted eggplant
- Quick - ready in 15 minutes
- Delicious and can be served in so many ways
- Easy and simple side dish
Ingredients and Notes
- Olive oil - avocado oil or any neutral cooking oil. Or cooking spray.
- Garlic powder
- Red chili powder - substitute cayenne pepper.
- Turmeric powder
- Salt - sea salt or kosher salt
How To Choose Eggplant
When choosing an eggplant, choose one with firm, unblemished skin.
When you press on the skin, it should make a slight indentation but shouldn't give in. The color should be dark purple all around.
How To Cut Eggplant
How To Make Air Fryer Eggplant
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
- Rinse and dry - If you're peeling the skin omit this step
- Single layer - don't stack the eggplants. Leave some space for the hot air to circulate completely and crisp the eggplant. Cook it in batches if needed. You can keep them warm by heating up all eggplant for a minute or two in the Air fryer just before serving.
- Serve immediately - eggplant will lose its crispness if it sits for too long.
How To Store And Reheat Air Fryer Eggplant
STORE leftover eggplant in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
REHEAT them in the Air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes.
Eggplant is a great carrier of flavor and is so versatile you can season them in so many ways. Here are some of my favorites.
For a cheesy flavor, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning.
If you like subtle sweetness to the air fryer eggplant, toss 1 teaspoon of brown sugar along with spices.
How To Serve Air Fryer Eggplant
- Serve them alongside any chicken or meat dish.
- Use it in vegetable curries or with chicken, meat curry to for a healthy dose of vegetables.
- They're delicious on their own with a dipping sauce like spicy mayo or ranch dressing.
- Top salads with air fryer roasted eggplant.
- Serve with pasta or add it to the pasta sauce.
- Add it to your rice bowl, quinoa bowl or buddha bowl for a colorful presentation.
Do you need to salt the eggplant?
You don't have to prep or salt the eggplants for this recipe. Wash the eggplants and dry them thoroughly. Peel the skin if you want to.
How long to cook eggplant in the air fryer?
Cook the eggplants for 10 minutes at 375F. You can cook for a few more minutes depending on how crispy or roasted you want it to be.
Can I air fry eggplant without oil?
You absolutely can. But I find it to be drying and not as crispy. Using oil also increases the flavor.
Can you air fry eggplant slices?
Yes, you can air fry eggplant slices. You don't need to cut into cubes.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Eggplant
- 1 pound eggplant
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut the eggplant into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss the eggplant cubes with olive oil.
- Mix together salt, garlic powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder in a small bowl.
- Add the spice mix to the eggplant and toss to coat.
- Preheat Air fryer to 375°F. Place the eggplant cubes on the Air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately.
- Store - leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat - in the air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes until warm.
- Seasoning Ideas -
- add 1 to 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- add 1 teaspoon brown sugar