These Air fryer potato wedges are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside and ready in less than 20 minutes. They're lightly seasoned and delicious but can be seasoned any way you prefer. Air-fried potato wedges make an excellent appetizer or a side dish!
These homemade air fryer potato wedges are so crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside, just like fried wedges. And this has fewer calories and oil than deep frying making this a healthier option for you.
These crispy potato wedges are perfectly seasoned with garlic powder, salt and black pepper and tossed in olive oil. They can also be seasoned with your favorite seasonings and tossed with parmesan cheese.
These air fryer potato wedges make a tasty appetizer served with ketchup or spicy mayo sauce. Or serve them as a side dish with your favorite mains.
If you're looking for more Air fryer side dishes or Air fryer vegetable dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
- Why We Love Air Fryer Potato Wedges:
- Best Potato For Wedges
- How To Cut Potatoes Into Wedges
- How To Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Tips For Crispy Wedges
- Serving Suggestions
- Seasoning Ideas
- How To Store/Reheat
- How To Cook Frozen Potato Wedges In The Air Fryer
- Do you need to soak the potato wedges before air frying?
- Are air-fried potato wedges healthy?
- Why do my potato wedges go soggy?
- More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You'll Love:
Why We Love Air Fryer Potato Wedges:
- Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside
- Perfectly seasoned
- Ready in about 15 minutes
- Perfect appetizer or side dish
- Oil - olive oil, avocado oil, or any neutral cooking oil
- Garlic powder
- Kosher Salt, Ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs to garnish
Best Potato For Wedges
Russet potatoes or Idaho will be best for making wedges as they produce a fluffy texture while giving those crispy edges because of their higher starch content and thick skin.
Yukon Gold and other yellow potatoes could be used too but they might not give similar results as their starch content is low.
How To Cut Potatoes Into Wedges
Make sure you choose similar-sized potatoes.
- Rinse the potatoes and dry thoroughly.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise.
- Place each potato half, cut side down on the cutting board, and slice into 5 or 6 wedges, similar in size.
How To Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Pat the wedges dry with paper towels.
Add wedges, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl and mix to coat.
Add olive oil to the seasoned wedges and toss to coat.
Preheat Air fryer at 400F for 3 to 5 minutes. Place the potatoes in the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry at 400F for 15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through or turning the wedges until they're fork-tender, crisp, and slightly browned.
Remove the fried wedges and serve immediately with fresh parsley on top and your choice of sauce.
Tips For Crispy Wedges
- Dry the wedges thoroughly to remove extra moisture.
- Preheat Air fryer - or add extra cooking time.
- Place the wedges in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Don't overcrowd the basket or tray. Cook in batches. You'll need to do two batches for this recipe.
- After the second batch is done, you can warm all the wedges in the air fryer for a few minutes.
These potato wedges are so versatile and taste good with any seasonings. Here are some seasoning ideas for you to try.
- Cheesy - Toss with 1 to 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Italian - add 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the spice mix.
- Indian - add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper/chili powder and cumin powder and ¼ teaspoon of garam masala. Use paprika for less heat.
- Mexican - add 1 teaspoon of fajita seasoning or cajun seasoning to the spices.
How To Store/Reheat
These air-fried potato wedges taste best when they're fresh. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat them in the air fryer at 400F for a few minutes until warm and crisp.
How To Cook Frozen Potato Wedges In The Air Fryer
If you have a bag of frozen potato wedges in your freezer it's easy to cook them in the air fryer. The best part is you don't even need to thaw them. Simply place the frozen wedges in the preheated air fryer basket or tray and air fry them at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes or until they're crispy and golden.
Do you need to soak the potato wedges before air frying?
I tested soaking the wedges in cold water prior to air frying and not soaking them and I didn't see a difference between how the wedges turned out. So I don't soak the potato wedges before air frying. This saves me a bit of time and I can get the potatoes done faster.
Are air-fried potato wedges healthy?
Yes, we use less oil when air frying keeping the oil content and calories low. Baking in the oven or deep frying requires a lot of oil. Air frying is the healthiest way to cook these wedges.
Why do my potato wedges go soggy?
If the potatoes have been soaked beforehand and not dried properly the wedges will turn out soggy. You can skip soaking and pat dry the wedges to make them crispy once they've been cut.
Also, don't skimp on the oil. Even if it's air frying you do need oil for that crispy texture.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 4 Potatoes medium sized
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse the potatoes and dry throughly. Cut the potatoes into wedges and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add wedges, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl and mix to coat. Pour in the olive oil to the seasoned wedges and toss to coat.
- Preheat Air fryer at 400F for 3 to 5 minutes. Place the potatoes in the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 400F for 15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through or turning the wedges until they're fork-tender, crispy, and golden brown.
- Remove the fried wedges and serve immediately with your choice of sauce or as a side dish.
- Store - in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
- Reheat- in the air fryer at 400F for a few minutes.