Tender and flakey on the inside, spicy and crispy outside, this is the best Air Fryer Salmon recipe and it is ready within 10 minutes! Pair it with your favorite side dish for a healthy, hearty, and delicious meal!
Cooking the best salmon in the Air fryer is so easy, it will be a regular on your dinner menu. All you need is 5 minutes to prep the salmon and 10 minutes to cook! Who doesn't love that quick and easy meals like that?
If you're looking to include salmon in your meals with less oil try these delicious protein packed Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon or Air Fryer Salmon Bites.
The spice mix for the salmon gives so much flavor, you get restaurant-quality salmon done at the convenience of your home! Tender, flakey and moist with a nice crisp outside, this is the best salmon fillet you'll ever taste.
I've used fresh salmon fillets but frozen salmon can be cooked in the Air fryer too. Follow along and I'll show you how.
Try these delicious Air Fryer Potatoes or Air Fryer Broccoli with the Air fried salmon!
If you are obsessed with the Air fryer like me, check out my Air Fryer Recipe collection.
Why We Love Air Fryer Salmon:
- Moist and flakey on the inside, spicy and crisp on the outside
- Ready in 10 minutes or less
- So simple, easy, and delicious
- It's gluten-free, keto/ low-carb friendly, and healthy
- Salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- Olive oil spray - avocado oil, vegetable oil or any cooking spray can be used.
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne Pepper - use chili powder or more paprika for a less spicy version.
- Garlic powder
- Black Pepper
- Red chili flakes
- Lemon wedges to serve
How To Make The Best Salmon In The Air Fryer
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP 1: Pat dry the salmon with paper towels. In a small bowl, mix salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
STEP 2: Spray salmon generously with olive oil. Rub the spice mix on the salmon fillets.
STEP 3: Preheat air fryer at 400˚F. Place salmon in the Air fryer basket. Air fry salmon for 7 to 10 minutes until cooked through. Check for doneness at the 7-minute mark. Or when the internal temperature is 145˚F in the thickest part of the salmon.
*Cooking times may vary depending on how thick the salmon is and the air fryer model.
STEP 4: Remove air-fried salmon and serve warm drizzled with lemon juice or with lemon wedges on the side and your choice of side dish.
Here are some top tips to make the best salmon in Air fryer.
- Pat dry the salmon filets thoroughly to get rid of extra moisture.
- Line the Air fryer basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup. This also prevents the salmon skin from getting stuck to the air fryer basket.
- Preheat the Air fryer. This helps to cook the salmon quickly making it crispy outside but tender and moist inside.
- Check for doneness using an instant-read or meat thermometer. The salmon should be done when the internal temperature is 145˚F. Or when it's no longer pink.
How To Cook Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
You can cook frozen salmon in the Air fryer too. I always keep a bag of frozen salmon in my freezer for dinner emergencies. You can cook frozen salmon in two ways.
- Let the salmon thaw and cook it as a fresh filet. When you thaw frozen fish, it will release a lot of water and is very delicate. Make sure you handle it gently and dry the fish thoroughly using paper towels!
- Or, place the frozen fish in the Air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 400˚F. Rub with olive oil and seasonings and cook for another 7 minutes or until the desired doneness.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Salmon
I can eat salmon with almost anything or on their own. Pair the fried salmon with rice, vegetables or salad for a hearty meal.
- Green Beans, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Potato Wedges or any of your favorite veggies.
- Baked Potatoes, , Mashed Potatoes, or Basmati Rice
- Cauliflower Rice or Mashed Cauliflower for a low carb meal.
How to Store And Reheat
Store the cooked salmon in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3 days.
Reheat in the Air fryer at 380˚F until warm. Alternatively you can reheat the salmon in the microwave, skillet or warm it in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use this recipe to air fry salmon with skin on.
If you want the skin crispy, turn the salmon over, skin side up and air fry at 400˚F for 2 to 3 minutes.
Cook salmon at 400˚F for 7 to 10 minutes. The timing depends on how thick your fillet is and the air fryer model.
Test it with a fork and it should no longer be pink inside. The best way to tell whether the salmon is cooked to perfection is to use an instant read thermometer. The thickest part should be 145˚F.
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Enjoy:
Spicy Air Fryer Salmon (10 Minutes)
- 2 salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- lemon wedges to serve
- Pat the salmon dry. In a small bowl, mix salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Spray salmon generously with olive oil. Rub the spice mix on the fillets.
- Preheat the oven at 400°F. Place the fillets in the air fryer basket. Cook them for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Check for doneness at the 7-minute mark. The salmon is done when the internal temperature is 145 in the thickest part.
- You can turn the fillet gently and cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes to crisp up the other side too if you wish.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges and your choice of side dish.
- Cooking times may vary depending on how thick the salmon fillet is. It's better to check with a thermometer or a fork.
- Cooking from Frozen -
- let the salmon thaw, pat dry thoroughly and follow with the rest of the recipe.
- If not thawing, cook the fillets for 5 minutes at 400F, Rub oil and seasonings and cook it further for another 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Storage - the cooked salmon in the fridge, covered, for 3 days. Reheat using the Air fryer on a low setting or on the skillet until warm.
Leave a Reply