Tender and flakey on the inside, spicy and crisp outside, this is the best Air fryer salmon recipe and it is ready within 10 minutes! Pair it with your favorite side for a healthy, hearty and delicious meal!
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
Cooking the best salmon in the Air fryer is so easy it will be a regular in your dinner menu. All you need is 5 minutes to prep the salmon and seasoning and 10 minutes to cook! Paired with a vegetable or a salad it makes a delicious, hearty meal in under 30 minutes. Who doesn't love that? I mean I have three kids and the shorter it takes to put a hearty and delicious dinner on the table, the easier for me to take my "me time" earlier.
I put a little spice rub on the salmon for flavor and to get that gorgeous color! A little paprika, chili powder, a drizzle of olive oil on the salmon and finished off with a generous squirt of lemon juice, you get a restaurant quality salmon done at the convenience of your home! Tender, flakey and moist with a nice crisp outside, this is the best salmon fillet I've ever tasted in my home.
The best thing about the Air fryer salmon is you can cook both fresh and frozen salmon fillets, both skin on and removed and it will be delicious either way!
If you are obsessed with the Air fryer like me, check out my Air fryer recipe collection.
Why we love this Air Fryer Salmon:
- Moist and flakey on the inside
- Spicy and crisp on the outside
- Utterly delicious
- Ready in 10 minutes
- So easy
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Red chili flakes
- Lemon wedges to serve
Step by step photos/process
How To Cook Fresh Salmon In the Air Fryer
Cooking the perfect Air fryer salmon is so easy and simple. Here's how to do it.
- Pat dry the salmon.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, black pepper, paprika and chili powder.
- Drizzle salmon generously with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven at 400F for 3 minutes.
- Rub the spice mix on the fillets.
- Line the Air fryer basket with foil for easy clean up if you prefer or brush with oil. Place the fillets in the basket.
- Cook it for 10 minutes or until it's cooked through. Cooking times may vary depending on how thick the salmon is and the air fryer model. Check for doneness at the 8 minute mark. The salmon is done when the internal temperature is 145F in the thickest part.
- You can turn the fillet gently and crisp up the other side too if you wish. Cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.
How To Cook Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
You can cook both fresh or frozen salmon in the Air fryer. I always have a bag of frozen salmon in my freezer for dinner emergencies. You can cook frozen salmon in two ways.
- Let the salmon thaw and cook it as a fresh fillet. When you thaw frozen fish, it will release a lot of water and is very delicate. Make sure you handle it gently and dry the fish thoroughly using paper towels!
- Or, place the frozen fish in the Air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 400F. Rub with olive oil and seasonings and cook for another 7 minutes or until the desired doneness.
- You can line the Air fryer basket with foil for an easy clean up. Or brush it with oil before placing the fish.
- Check for doneness using an instant read thermometer. The salmon should be done when the internal temperature is 145F.
What Air Fryer to Use?
I use a Cosori 5.8 quart basket type and is perfect for our family of 5. Clean up is easy too!
FAQ's About Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
How To Cook Air Fryer Salmon With Skin?
You can choose to cook the salmon with skin on or removed.
If you're cooking with skin on , place the salmon fillet skin side up in the Air fryer. Cook until the skin is crisp. Turn the fillet and cook until the underside is done.
How to Store
You can store the cooked salmon in the fridge, covered, for 3 days. Reheat in the Air fryer on a low setting or on the skillet until it's warm.
What To Serve Salmon Fillets With
I love the salmon fillets with a few lemon wedges on the side. Or you can serve them with tartar sauce.
A nice salad will be a perfect addition for adults. As for vegetables I like to serve them with broccoli or potatoes for the kids.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Air Fryer Chicken and Meat:
Air Fryer Side Dishes:
- Air Fryer Crispy Roast Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Best Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
Air Fryer Desserts and Snacks:
- Air Fryer Brownies
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Air Fryer Blueberry Scones
- Air Fryer Roasted Nut Mix
- Air Fryer Homemade Pizza Rolls
The Best Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- 2 salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- lemon wedges to serve
- Pat dry the salmon. In a small bowl, mix salt, black pepper, paprika and chili powder.
- Drizzle salmon generously with olive oil. Rub the spice mix on the fillets.
- Preheat the oven at 400F for 3 minutes.
- Line the Air fryer basket with foil for easy clean up if you prefer or brush with oil.
- Place the fillets in the basket. Cook it for 10 minutes or until it's cooked through. Cooking times may vary depending on how thick the salmon is and the air fryer model. Check for doneness at the 8 minute mark. The salmon is done when the internal temperature is 145 in the thickest part.
- You can turn the fillet gently and cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes to crisp up the other side too if you wish.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges and your choice of side.
- Cooking from Frozen - let the salmon thaw, pat dry thoroughly and follow with the rest of the recipe.
- If not thawing, cook the fillets for 5 minutes at 400F, Rub oil and seasonings and cook it further for another 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Storage - store the cooked salmon in the fridge, covered, for 3 days. Reheat using the Air fryer on a low setting or on the skillet until warm.