This Air Fryer Salmon Bites recipe is easy to make and a great way to cook salmon. Spicy and seasoned with Cajun seasoning they're mouthwateringly delicious. Make this easy dinner in just 5 minutes.
I like my fish spicy and full of flavor. And this salmon bites in the air fryer hits the spot. These salmon nuggets are seasoned with Cajun seasoning and lemon juice with an extra dose of chili flakes. If you're looking to cook salmon fillets, try this Air Fryer Salmon for another bold salmon recipe.
This salmon bites recipe is super quick to make and perfect for busy nights. It takes only about 5 minutes to cook moist, tender salmon bites. Drizzle your favorite sauce and serve with rice or mashed potatoes for a delicious, comforting, and healthy meal.
For more Air fryer main dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Quick dinner or meal
- Spicy, flavorful and so delicious
- Healthy and perfectly fits gluten-free, keto, and low-carb-friendly diets
Ingredients and Notes
- Salmon -
- Go for a thick salmon filet as the salmon will be cut into cubes. Ideally, you'd need skinless salmon fillets but if you end up buying salmon with the skin, you need to remove it. I'll tell you how to remove the skin in the next section.
- Oil - olive oil, avocado oil, or any cooking oil would do
- Cajun seasoning - use my Homemade Cajun Seasoning to give a spicy kick to the salmon.
- Fresh lemon juice - really enhances the spices and flavor
- Red pepper flakes - kicks up the spice level
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon Bites
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: To remove the skin from the salmon, use a sharp knife and carefully slice the skin off on one end. Hold onto that flap of the skin and continue to run the knife to slice off the skin. Next, cut the salmon into 1 ½-inch cubes. Pat the salmon dry with paper towels.
STEP TWO: Into a large bowl, add the salmon cubes and pour the oil.
STEP THREE: Add the cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes. Squeeze the lemon over the fish.
STEP FOUR: Gently toss the salmon with the seasonings to coat it.
STEP FIVE: Line the Air fryer basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the seasoned salmon bites in a single layer. Alternatively, you can spray the basket with cooking spray.
STEP SIX: Air fry salmon bites at 400˚F for 5 to 6 minutes until they are no longer pink.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP SEVEN: Remove air-fried salmon bites from the air fryer and serve warm sprinkled with chopped parsley and your favorite side dish.
- Cut the salmon into same-sized cubes. This helps it cook evenly.
- I don’t recommend preheating the air fryer. Salmon cooks quickly and we don't want to overcook them.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment liners for easy cleanup.
- Place the salmon in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
These spicy air fryer salmon nuggets are versatile and go well with many sauces and side dishes.
They can be served with some kind of sauce drizzled on top like a garlic cream sauce, or tossed in garlic butter.
Storing and Reheating
Store- leftover cooked salmon in airtight containers in the fridge for 3 days.
Reheat- you can reheat the salmon bites in the air fryer at 380F for a few minutes until they are warm through.
Frequently Asked Questions
We're coating the salmon in olive oil and cooking it only for a few minutes, long enough for the salmon to get cooked. So it will stay moist. You could dry the salmon if you cook it for longer.
Yes, you can. If you use frozen salmon add an extra 2 to 3 minutes to the cooking time.
These salmon bites are cooked at 400˚F for 5 to 6 minutes.
You can bake salmon bites in a preheated oven at 400˚F for 7 to 8 minutes.
More Recipes You'll Love:
Spicy Cajun Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- 1 pound salmon skinless
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Cut the salmon into 1 ½-inch cubes.
- Add the salmon cubes, oil, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes and lemon juice into a large bowl. Gently toss the salmon with seasoning to coat. If your Cajun seasoning doesn't contain salt, add ¾ teaspoon salt to the salmon.
- Line the Air fryer basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the salmon cubes in a single layer.
- Air fry salmon bites at 400˚F for 5 to 6 minutes until they are no longer pink.
- Remove air-fried salmon bites from the air fryer and serve warm with your favorite sides.