This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. Please read my privacy and disclosure policy.
These quick and easy asparagus in Air fryer needs only 4 ingredients and less than 10 minutes for a tender, crispy, and a delicious side dish!
Quick and Easy Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
If you're looking for a quick side dish or an easy snack look you need to try this air fryer asparagus recipe.
It is ready in less than 10 minutes. Although roasted asparagus in the oven is delicious, I like to use my Air fryer for quick cooking.
Air-fried asparagus is perfectly tender, crispy, and tastes so good. You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious roasted asparagus in Air fryer.
I love asparagus! Me and my husband are big fans and have it mostly for breakfast as a side dish with eggs. So I like to keep it simple with olive oil, salt and pepper and a drizzle of lemon juice before air frying. But you can always add seasonings, spices or cheese.
Why we love Air fryer Asparagus:
- Tender, crispy asparagus
- Cooks quickly
- So delicious
- Asparagus - look for fresh asparagus that are dark green
- Oil - I use olive oil but avocado oil or vegetable oil would work
- Salt - Kosher salt or sea salt
- Pepper - freshly ground black pepper gives a lot of flavor
- Lemon juice - I sprinkle lemon juice before cooking, you can skip this if you're not a fan and serve the asparagus with lemon wedges instead.
- Extras - I like to keep it simple, but you can add garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and parmesan cheese to the asparagus before air frying.
Step by step process
How To Trim Asparagus
Trimming asparagus is so easy. Follow these steps.
- Rinse the asparagus and pat dry.
- Cut the hard woody ends. The ends are yellowish compared to the green asparagus tip. You need to cut where it turns from green to yellowish. Also, you can hold asparagus spear and snap off the woody end. Check whether it fits your Air fryer basket. If not, trim a bit more.
- You can also trim the ends, and cut the spear in half so that it fits in your Air fryer basket.
- Discard the ends and season the spears.
How To Cook Asparagus in Air fryer
Roasting asparagus is a breeze in the Air fryer. Here's how to do it:
- Rinse and dry asparagus.
- Trim the tough ends.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet or a chopping board and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Massage to coat asparagus with oil and seasonings.
- Preheat Air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes.
- Place the coated asparagus in the Air fryer basket in a single layer to cook evenly.
- Air fry asparagus for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.
Choose fresh, green asparagus.
For medium or thick asparagus - cook for 8 to 10 minutes. For thinner spears - cook for 6 minutes or a minute more.
Sprinkle more parmesan cheese, lemon juice, or black pepper when serving.
What Air Fryer To Use
Best Basket Type Air Fryer: Cosori 5.8 quart
Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer: Power Air Fryer
How To Store And Reheat
Store cooked asparagus in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave or in the Air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Air Fryer Chicken and Meat:
Air Fryer Side Dishes:
Air Fryer Desserts and Snacks:
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Quick and Easy Asparagus In Air Fryer
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon frshly ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Rinse and dry asparagus. Trim the tough ends.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet or a chopping board and drizzle with olive oil. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Massage to coat asparagus with oil and seasonings.
- Preheat Air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes. Place the coated asparagus in the Air fryer basket in a single layer to cook evenly.
- Air fry asparagus for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
- Store - in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
- Reheat - in the microwave or in the Air fryer.