This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. Please read my privacy and disclosure policy.
Air fryer frozen samosas are a quick and easy appetizer and a delicious snack for tea! Learn how to make crispy frozen samosas in the Air fryer without all the deep frying and oil.
Air Fryer Frozen Samosa
Samosas are a really popular savory Indian snack. They are deep-fried and served with chutney or a dipping sauce.
Making homemade samosas from scratch is a cumbersome process. It involves making the filling and the dough, rolling it out, wrapping each individual samosa precisely so that the filling stays intact and deep-frying.
Needless to say, I've never tried making samosa at home! Luckily, you can buy pre-made frozen samosa from the stores which are just like homemade wheat flour samosas! These delicious samosas are a great appetizer or a snack to serve at tea time. If you're looking for some delicious appetizers, check out my Air fryer Recipes or some of my favorite appetizers: Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers ,Air Fryer Zucchini Chips and Air Fryer Homemade Pizza Rolls.
Air frying frozen samosa is the quick and easy way and you can make them as few or as many as possible in the shortest amount of time. Air fryer samosas take only 10 minutes to cook. Way less time than baking in the oven. And they are perfectly crispy and piping hot!
I love to buy the cocktail or mini samosas. They're popular at my house when friends and family are over. My kids love them as an after-school snack or a quick bite. I serve a green chili chutney dipping sauce or a mint dipping sauce with the Air fried samosa.
If you love Indian food you'll love this frozen samosa in Air fryer with the green chili chutney. Also if you're new to Air frying, it's one of the simple beginner recipes you can try in your new Air fryer!
Why we love Air Fryer Frozen Samosa:
- No deep frying and healthy
- Easy and quick to cook, only 10 minutes
- Great appetizer and snack
What Is A Samosa?
Samosas are a deep-fried pastry filled with savory filling like potatoes, green peas, spices, chicken, and other meats. It comes in many shapes like triangular, cone, or half-moon shapes.
Samosas are often accompanied with chutney or a dipping sauce.
Samosas are a popular entrée, appetizer, or snack in the local cuisines of South Asia, especially India and neighboring countries.
- Frozen samosa
- Olive oil - vegetable oil or any neutral cooking oil. An olive oil spray could be used too.
- Green chili chutney or Mint chutney
- Chopped coriander
How To Cook Frozen Samosas In The Air Fryer
Preheat Air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes. Place the frozen samosas in the Air fryer basket in a single layer. Brush liberally with cooking oil all over the samosa or use a cooking spray.
Air fry samosas for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown, shaking the basket halfway through. For regular frozen samosas, cook them for 15 minutes. If samosas need a little browning on the other side; turn them over and cook for a few more minutes. You can brush with more oil if needed.
In the meantime, prepare the green chili chutney by mixing green chili sauce, yogurt and chopped coriander in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
Serve samosas warm with the chutney dipping sauce.
You can also cook fresh air fryer samosas following the same steps above. Reduce the cooking time if needed.
You don't need to defrost frozen samosas.
If cooking a large batch, cook in batches.
What Air Fryer To Use?
I use a Cosori 5.8 quart basket type and is perfect for our family! It fits in about 25 mini or cocktail frozen samosas.
Where to Buy Frozen Samosa
Many supermarkets in North America carry frozen samosas. They can be found at Walmart, Costco, or Trader Joe's.
They can also be found at any Indian or ethnic grocery stores.
I like the mini samosas. But you can also get the regular samosas with delicious fillings such as vegetables, chicken or cheese.
The green chili chutney or the mint chutney can also be found in these stores.
How To Store And Reheat Samosa
You can store the cooked samosas in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. Reheat samosas in the Air fryer on a low setting until warm and crispy.
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Brownies
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Air Fryer Blueberry Scones
- Air Fryer Roasted Nut Mix
- Air Fryer Homemade Pizza Rolls
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Frozen Samosa
- 1 pack frozen mini or cocktail samosas (around 25)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon olive oil
For Green Chili Chutney Dip
- 2 tablespoon green chili chutney or mint chutney
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Preheat the Air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes.
- Place the frozen samosas in the Air fryer basket in a single layer. Brush liberally with oil.
- Cook the samosas for 10 minutes or until they are golden. For regular samosas, cook them for 15 minutes. Mini samosas doesn't need turning over. If regular samosas needs little browning on the other side turn them over and cook for a few more minutes until golden. You can brush with oil.
- In the meantime, prepare the green chili chutney by mixing green chili sauce, yogurt and chopped coriander in a bowl.
- Serve the samosa warm with the chutney dipping sauce.
- Storage - Keep the cooked samosas in the fridge in airtight container for 3 days.
- Reheat - in the Air fryer on a low setting until warm.