Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers is an easy and delicious snack recipe you can make anytime in your air fryer. With a creamy stuffing and crispy coating it's sure to be a favorite.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
What I love about my air fryer is I'm minutes away from making my favorite snacks when the munchies hit me. Jalapeno poppers is one of my favorites and I'm so excited to bring you this recipe made in the air fryer.
These Air Fryer jalapeno poppers has a melt in your mouth cream cheese stuffing with a crunchy topping. Add to that the mild heat from the jalapeno and you have a party in your mouth.
These poppers are a popular game day snack. But this is an all year snack for me. Everyone in our household love this snack and it disappears within minutes. And I'm sure you will too once you try this!
They would be great as a snack, a light lunch or dinner.
I love this Air fryer Jalapeno Poppers because they are
- Easy and simple
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Step by step photos/process
How To Make Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer From Scratch
- Halve the jalapenos. Take the seeds and membranes out.
- Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Press the jalapeno tops lightly on the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange stuffed and coated jalapeno halves on the air fryer basket.
- Air fry until tops are golden brown.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno.
- You can use gloves to avoid touching the seeds. If you aren't using gloves was hands thoroughly as soon as you finish and avoid touching your eyes.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to cook it faster but keep an eye on it to avoid burning.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Yes, you can make it ahead of time. Here's what you do:
1. Make the cream cheese mix.
2. Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mix.
3. Wrap in a plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Or in the freezer for 3 months.
4. When ready to cook, top them with breadcrumbs and cook till the tops are golden brown.
If you don't have an Air Fryer, no worries! You can cook these in the oven too.
Cook them in a preheated oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
Absolutely! Bacon wrapped Jalapeno peppers in the air fryer is a variation of this recipe.
Stuff the jalapenos and wrap them in a strip of bacon. Air Fry them until golden.
You can also add crushed cooked bacon bits to the stuffing and proceed with the recipe.
Of course! It's all cheesy goodness and all you have to do is replace the panko breadcrumbs with your choice of a keto version.
1. Use a mix of ¼ cup of almond flour + 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
2. Use crushed pork rinds for the topping.
It's easy to cook frozen jalapeno poppers in the air fryer. Increase the cooking time and cook until the tops are golden and the stuffing is bubbly.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Crispy and Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- Best Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 jalapeno peppers, medium halved
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 to 2 tablespoon tops of the green onions sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese grated
- Scoop out the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno using a spoon. Use gloves if necessary.
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and green onions in a bowl.
- Stuff the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Press the stuffed jalapeno halves on the breadcrumb mix. Arrange them on the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 375°F for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the stuffing bubbly.
- You can make the jalapeno poppers ahead of time. Stuff the jalapeno halves and wrap them with a plastic wrap. At this stage you can keep them in the fridge for 3 to 4 days or freeze for 3 months.
- When ready to cook, press the jalapeno in the breadcrumb mix and air fry.
- When cooking frozen jalapeno poppers, increase the cooking time.
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for 4 days and reheat using your preferred method.