Crispy roasted Air fryer baby potatoes make a fantastic side dish your whole family will love. These bite-sized mini potatoes are easy to make and ready in 15 minutes!
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Air fryers are made for potatoes. These baby potatoes cooked in the Air fryer are tender, fluffy on the outside, and perfectly roasted and crispy on the outside. They're so irresistible we can't stop eating them. Even picky eaters don't say no to these bite-sized mini potatoes.
Air fryer baby potatoes make a fantastic side dish to any meal. I love making Crispy Roasted Air Fryer Potatoes or Air Fryer Baked Potatoes when I have regular-sized potatoes. When baby potatoes go on sale this recipe is what we make.
I love how fast the potatoes get cooked in the Air Fryer. Apart from little prep time, they get cooked in around 12 to 15 minutes. You get crispy baby potatoes that are fork-tender in no time!
As you might already know if you've been here for a while that I'm big on flavor. These Air fryer baby potatoes are perfectly seasoned with a few pantry staples. They can be enjoyed on a gluten-free, vegetarian, or paleo diet.
If you're looking for more Air fryer side dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
Why We Love Air Fryer Baby Potatoes:
- Perfectly roasted
- Tender and fluffy on the inside
- Quick and easy to make
- Perecfly seasoned and tastes delicious
- Great side dish
- Baby potatoes - the best potatoes to use are yellow, white or red baby potatoes. I've used yellow potatoes here.
- Olive oil - use avocado oil or any cooking oil. An olive oil cooking spray would be ideal too.
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red chili flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
How To Cook Baby Potatoes In Air Fryer
- Wash and dry baby potatoes.
- Cut in the potatoes in half if you prefer or leave them whole.
- Add salt, black pepper, pregano, red chili flakes, garlic powder and parmesan cheese into a small bowl and mix.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil.
- Add the spice mix to the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Preheat the Air fryer at 400F for 3 minutes. Transfer potatoes to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400F for 10 minutes. Shake the Air fryer basket.
- Reduce the temperature to 380F and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top.
Best Tips For Air Fryer Mini Potatoes
Wash the potatoes - thoroughly. Baby potatoes aren't peeled and eaten with the skin, so make sure you wash and rinse them. Remove any dirt with a cleaning brush. Dry with paper towels. Buy baby potatoes that are pre-washed and packaged to save time.
Preheat the Air fryer - or add extra cooking time. When roasting vegetables or cooking meat, I like to preheat the Air fryer for a few minutes although this isn't necessary for my basket-type Air fryer. But oven-type Air fryers might require preheating.
Don't overfill - your Air fryer basket for crispy potatoes. Fill only up to half of the basket if you're cooking more than one pound. Shake the basket halfway through and leave space around for the hot air to circulate completely.
Air Fryer Whole Baby Potatoes
You can roast whole baby potatoes in the Air fryer too. If you don't have enough time to halve the potatoes or prefer to leave them whole, Air frying will yield crispy skin and fork-tender flesh in just 15 minutes. I like to cut the baby potatoes in half so there's more surface area for the seasonings to stick.
How To Serve Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
These Air fryer roasted baby potatoes will be fantastic with spicy mayo, ranch dipping sauce or sour cream
And the roasted potatoes are fantastic on their own too.
Questions About Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Are Air fried potatoes healthy?
Yes, Air fryer potatoes use little to no oil and is generally healthy. Potatoes are gluten-free, great for a vegan or vegetarian diet, and paleo-friendly. If you have no issues consuming potatoes this dish is very healthy.
Do you need to boil the potatoes first?
No, you don't need to parboil the potatoes. They cook fast in the Air fryer.
Can you Air fry potatoes without oil?
Yes, you absolutely can. Just season the potatoes and Air-fry them. I spray a little oil on my potatoes so the seasonings will stick to them.
How long to cook baby potatoes in the Air fryer?
I cook the mini potatoes at 400F for 10 minutes, shake the basket or turn the potatoes and reduce the temperature to 380F so as not to burn the seasonings. Finally, I cook for another 3 to 5 minutes for crispy roasted baby potatoes. They'll be golden and fork-tender by this time. You can cook a few minutes more if it is not done.
How To Store and Reheat
If you have any leftover cooked potatoes, store them in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for 3 days.
You can reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes at 350F.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Crispy Roasted Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley to serve
- Wash and rinse the potatoes. Dry with paper towels.
- Cut them in half or leave it whole.
- In a small bowl, add the garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, parmesan cheese and mix well.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil.
- Add the spice mix to the potatoes and mix until well coated.
- Preheat the Air fryer at 400°F. Place the potatoes in the Air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Shake the basket or flip them over. Reduce the temperature to 380°F and cook for another 5 minutes until golden brown and roasted.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top.
- Store - leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
- Reheat - in the Air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes.