This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my privacy and disclosure policy.
Learn how to make frozen burgers in the Air fryer! It’s easy and mess-free! Great for a quick weeknight meal or an indulgent meal your whole family will love!
Frozen Burgers In The Air Fryer
Making frozen burgers in Air fryer is so simple. I’ve been making them ever since I got my Air fryer.
When you crave a juicy burger, all you need is some frozen hamburger patties, a few simple ingredients, and an Air fryer.
Having two teenagers means we go through a lot of meat. So I always have frozen burgers stocked in the freezer for a quick meal.
Making frozen burgers in air fryer is not only simple and easy and it is quick too. It takes only 10 minutes to cook the burgers from frozen. Air fryer burgers have become my boys’ latest obsession. Air fryer makes it easy for them to make a healthy meal in no time.
Did I also mention that you don’t need to thaw air fryer burgers? Yes, cook the frozen burger patties straight from the freezer. So convenient, right?
Serve Air fryer frozen burgers in warm burger buns, topped with lettuce, sliced onion, tomatoes, and condiments like ketchup and mayonnaise. Have some french fries or your favorite side for an extra indulgence!
Why we love making frozen burgers in the Air Fryer:
- No need to thaw the frozen hamburgers
- So simple to make
- Cooks so quick
- Easy weeknight meal or indulgent meal
- Budget friendly to make it at home
I normally use frozen beef burgers with jalapenos because it’s pre-seasoned and spicy. But use your favorite brand of frozen burgers. There are different sizes of frozen burgers and cooking times vary depending on the weight. I normally use a 1/4 lb frozen burger patty.
Extras to make the hamburger
- Sliced Cheese– To make a cheeseburger place cheese slices on the burger patties after they are cooked. You can Cheddar, Havarti, or your favorite cheese slice.
- Sliced onion and tomatoes
- Condiments – Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Hot sauce, Mustard
How To Make Frozen Burgers In The Air Fryer
Making frozen burgers in Air fryer is a breeze. Here’s how to do it:
Take the frozen burgers from the freezer. Remove any parchment paper that comes with it. Place the frozen burger patties in the Air fryer basket. You can place two or three or as many as can fit in your Air fryer. Make sure to leave enough room.
Air fry the frozen patties at 380F for 10 minutes. This is for a 1/4lb patty. If your patty is 1/3 lb or weighs more, increase the cooking time.
The Air fryer cooks by circulating hot air around the food. So the food gets cooked evenly on all sides. I don’t flip my burgers but you can cook the hamburgers, flipping halfway to brown it on both sides.
You can also check the doneness of your frozen hamburgers by using a meat thermometer. Cook frozen burgers until the internal temperature of the burger patty reaches 160F.
If you want to make a cheeseburger, place cheese slices on the beef patties after they’re cooked. No need to turn on the Air fryer. The residual heat will melt the cheese. Once the cheese is melted you can place the cheesy burger patties between a warm burger bun and top with your desired toppings.
What Air Fryer to Use
Best Basket Type Air Fryer: Cosori 5.8 quart
Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer: Power Air Fryer
Best Tips For Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
- Don’t overcrowd the Air fryer basket. You can place either two or more frozen burger patties depending on the side of your Air fryer.
- You can use an aluminum foil to catch grease and for easy clean up.
- If you want cook the frozen burgers to a desired temperature, use a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature.
- Use a piece of bread in between the Air fryer baskets to prevent smoke from the Air fryer.
Common Questions About Air Fryer Frozen Burgers
Can You Cook Frozen Hamburgers In Air Fryer?
Absolutely. It’s one of the things I love about Air Fryer. You can cook frozen food easily in the Air fryer. Check out How to Cook Frozen Samosa in the Air fryer.
How Long To Cook Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers?
A good starting point is 10 minutes. I air fry a 1/4 lb patty for 10 minutes. If it’s 1/3 lb patty or weighs more, cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
Do You Need To Thaw Frozen Hamburger Patties Before Air frying?
No, you don’t have to thaw the patties. Place the frozen patties in the Air fryer and start air frying. No need to preheat the Air fryer.
But if you end up thawing the patties, reduce the cooking time.
How To Season Frozen Hamburgers In Air Fryer
If your frozen hamburger patty is not pre-seasoned, you can season it halfway during the cooking time.
Season each burger patty with a sprinkle of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, or any other seasoning mix you prefer and cook until done.
Why Does My Air Fryer Smoke And How To Prevent That?
Since you’re cooking food from frozen which also has grease, the mix of water and oil in high heat will create smoke. It’s nothing to worry about and perfectly normal.
To prevent this, you can place a piece of bread between the Air fryer basket to collect the grease.
How To Store and Reheat
If you have any leftover air-fried burgers, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave or in the Air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites
- Crispy and Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Nugget
- Air Fryer Crispy Roast Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
How To Make Frozen Hamburgers In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 2 frozen burger patties
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 slices cheese
- sliced onion
- sliced tomatoes
- ketchup and mayonnaise
- Take the frozen burgers from the freezer. Remove any parchment paper that comes with it.
- Place the frozen burger patties in the Air fryer basket. You can place two or three or as much as it can fit in your Air fryer. Make sure to leave enough room.
- Air fry the frozen patties at 380°F for 10 minutes. This is for a 1/4lb patty. If your patty is 1/3 lb or weighs more increase the cooking time and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- For cheeseburger, place the cheese slices on the cooked burger patty after the cooking time is up. No need to turn on the Air fryer.
- Serve the burger patty between warm hamburger buns topped with your favorite toppings or lettuce, sliced onions, tomatoes along with ketchup and mayonnaise.
- No need to thaw the frozen burger patty.
- Place a slice of bread in between baskets to prevent smoke coming from the Air fryer.
- An aluminum foil can be used in the Air fryer basket to catch grease and for easy clean-up.
- Store– leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days.
- Reheat – in the microwave or in the Air fryer until warm.