This easy Air fryer mushrooms recipe without breading makes the juiciest and the most delicious mushrooms you'll have in a matter of minutes. They make a healthy vegetable side dish or snack! They're gluten-free, low carb/keto and vegetarian.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you.
I'm constantly surprised by how delicious Air fried vegetables taste! You know I love my Air fryer vegetables by the number of recipes I have here like these popular Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower, Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini, Air Fryer Green Beans and Air Fryer Asparagus. If you love mushrooms check this delicious Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms or Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms for delicious appetizer.
These Air Fryer mushrooms are no exception. They're juicy with crispy edges and so flavorful. Plus, these mushrooms take less than 10 minutes to get cooked in the Air fryer. Air frying mushrooms is the best way to make them. Period.
The first time I made mushrooms in the Air fryer, I had to stop myself from eating the whole batch. Even my kids love them, especially my toddler. That's saying something.
I air-fried mushrooms and tossed them in melted butter for extra flavor because butter makes everything better, right? These Air fryer mushrooms are a fantastic vegetable side dish and not to mention so healthy with less oil and no frying.
Check out more delicious Air fryer recipes in my Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why We Love Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Juicy mushrooms with great texture and crispy edges
- Flavorful and so delicious
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Fantastic side dish or snack
- Mushrooms - I use Baby Bella mushrooms. You can use white button mushrooms too. Other varieties you can use are cremini and portobello mushrooms.
- Olive oil - avocado oil or any neutral cooking oil can be used.
- Garlic powder
- Soy sauce - can be substituted with Worcestershire sauce. Use coconut aminos or tamari for a gluten-free option.
- Kosher salt/Black pepper
- Melted butter
How To Clean Mushrooms
There's a debate on whether to wash mushrooms or not. I've always washed mushrooms in the past and for the most part, ended up with soggy mushrooms.
Then I read an article from a chef about just wiping the mushrooms to get rid of dirt. It made a lot of sense. Unlike old days, mushrooms are grown in greenhouses in hygienic conditions. They also come packed and look very clean with hardly any dirt. So I've opted to just gently brush away any dirt with a kitchen towel.
If there's a lot of dirt or you choose to wash the mushrooms, rinse them well and let the mushrooms drain in a colander. Pat the mushrooms thoroughly dry with paper towels before prepping them.
How To Cook Mushrooms In Air Fryer
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Step 1 - Wipe the mushrooms clean with a kitchen towel to remove any dirt. I don't rinse the mushrooms but if you must rinse, drain the mushrooms and dry them thoroughly with paper towels. We don't want soggy and wet mushrooms.
Step 2 - Cut the mushrooms in half. If they're big, cut into quarters. We want all the pieces the same size. Transfer the mushrooms to a large bowl.
Step 3 - Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Step 4 - Pour in olive oil and soy sauce and toss so the mushrooms get coated evenly.
Step 5 - Preheat air fryer to 360F.
Step 6 - Place mushrooms in the air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry for 8 to 10 minutes until crispy on the edges. Shake the basket halfway through.
Step 7 - Transfer the air-fried mushrooms to a bowl and drizzle with melted butter. Stir to mix. Serve warm garnished with fresh parsley.
Tips For Best Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Cut mushrooms to the same size to cook evenly.
- Preheat the Air fryer or add extra cooking time.
- Place the mushrooms in a single layer in the Air fryer basket or tray.
What To Serve Air Fried Mushrooms With
These air fryer mushrooms have no breading and they fit into most diets including gluten-free, low carb, keto, vegan and vegetarian. They make a perfect side dish for any meal.
Serve them with eggs for breakfast or any protein for lunch or dinner.
They are great on their own as a snack too.
Store leftover mushrooms in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Line the container with a paper towel to soak up any moisture.
Reheat mushrooms in the Air fryer at 360F for a few minutes until warm and crispy.
Can I use canned mushrooms?
Yes, canned mushrooms can be used. Drain the mushrooms and add the seasoning and oil. Skip the salt if the canned mushrooms already contain salt. Proceed with the recipe.
They won't be as fresh-tasting and juicy as the fresh mushrooms.
Can I use whole mushrooms?
Yes, you can use whole mushrooms. Use mushrooms that are similar in size. Clean them and use them in the recipe. Increase the cooking time until they're done.
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Roasted Eggplant
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
For more Air fryer recipes, check my Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Mushrooms
- 1 pound mushrooms baby bella or white button
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter optional
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Gently wipe the mushrooms clean with a kitchen towel to remove any dirt.
- Cut the mushrooms in half. If they're big, cut into quarters. We want all the pieces the same size. Transfer the mushrooms to a large bowl.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Pour in olive oil and soy sauce and toss so the mushrooms get coated evenly.
- Preheat Air fryer to 360F.
- Place mushrooms in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until crispy on the edges. Shake the basket halfway through.
- Transfer the air fried mushrooms to a serving dish and drizzle with melted butter and stir to mix. Garnish with chopped parsly and serve warm.
- Store leftover mushrooms in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Line the container with paper towels to soak up any moisture.
- Reheat mushrooms in the Air fryer at 360F for a few minutes until warm and crispy.
Hi Conrad, it's 360F. I've updated the recipe card. Thank you.
Julie C says
I thought they would dry out, but they weremoist And delicious. . My new go-to recipe for mushrooms!
Hi Julie, thank you so much. I'm glad you like them.