These tasty Air fryer stuffed mushrooms are an easy appetizer or a snack. Filled with a delicious cream cheese filling and topped with more cheese, they're cheesy, garlicky, and irresistible! Plus they get done in 10 minutes in the Air fryer.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you.
Air fryer is my go-to appliance now for finger foods like these stuffed mushrooms. We also love appetizers like Air Fryer Zucchini Chips, Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers and Air Fryer Frozen Samosa. We are mushroom fans here and one of our all-time favorites is this Air Fryer Mushrooms.
These Air fryer stuffed mushrooms have a delicious cream cheese filling with garlic and panko breadcrumbs for the crunch. You can skip the breadcrumbs to make keto or low-carb stuffed mushrooms. They're topped with a mix of grated cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese for more cheesy goodness. They make a great appetizer for any party or gathering or as a side dish with your favorite protein.
Air fryer stuffed mushrooms recipe comes together pretty easily. It's easy to prep and gets cooked in the Air fryer in about 10 minutes. No more waiting for the oven to preheat if you want a quick snack.
It's easy to customize this recipe to your liking. Add chopped bacon or chopped green onions to the filling. Leave the panko breadcrumbs if you prefer just cream cheese or for a low-carb version. I've made the cream cheese stuffing with whatever ingredients I have on hand and these little bites never disappointed me. They were so delicious every time!
Check out more delicious Air fryer recipes in my Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
- Why We Love Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- How To Clean Mushrooms
- How To Cook Stuffed Mushrooms In Air Fryer
- Tips For Best Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Topping And Stuffing Ideas
- Common Questions
- Can I use canned mushrooms?
- Why are my stuffed mushrooms soggy?
- More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love
Why We Love Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cheesy, garlicky stuffed mushrooms that are incredibly tasty and irresistable!
- Cooks in 10 minutes
- Fantastic appetizer, side dish or snack
- Mushrooms - Go for larger mushrooms. I use Baby Bella mushrooms. White button mushrooms are a good option too. Other varieties you can use are cremini mushrooms and portobello mushrooms.
- Cream cheese
- Mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese
- Panko bread crumbs
- Garlic - or use ½ teaspoon garlic powder
How To Clean Mushrooms
There's a debate on whether to wash mushrooms or not. I've always washed mushrooms in the past and for the most part, ended up with soggy mushrooms.
Then I read an article from a chef about just wiping the mushrooms to get rid of dirt. It made a lot of sense. Unlike old days, mushrooms are grown in greenhouses in hygienic conditions. They also come packed and look very clean with hardly any dirt. So I've opted to just gently brush away any dirt with a kitchen towel.
If there's a lot of dirt or you choose to wash the mushrooms, rinse them well and let the mushrooms drain in a colander. Pat the mushrooms thoroughly dry with paper towels before prepping them.
How To Cook Stuffed Mushrooms In Air Fryer
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Step 1 - Wipe the mushrooms clean with a kitchen towel to remove any dirt. I don't rinse the mushrooms but if you must rinse, drain the mushrooms and dry them thoroughly with paper towels. We don't want soggy and wet mushrooms.
Step 2 - Remove the stems and clean the inside of the mushroom with a small spoon to make room for the cheese stuffing.
Step 3 - In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, salt and black pepper. Use softened cream cheese for easier mixing. You can soften the cream cheese in the microwave for a couple of seconds or leave it at room temperature for a while.
Step 4 - Use one or two tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to stuff the mushroom caps.
Step 6 - Preheat air fryer to 360F.
Step 7 - Top the stuffed mushrooms with a mix of grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Step 7 - Place mushrooms in the air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry for 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are soft and cheese is melted and gooey.
Step 8 - Transfer the air-fried stuffed mushrooms to a serving plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
Tips For Best Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and clean the inside with a small spoon to make room for the stuffing.
- Preheat the Air fryer or add extra cooking time.
- Place the mushrooms in a single layer in the Air fryer basket or tray.
- Cook the mushrooms in batches if needed. After the final batch is done, you can place all the mushrooms in the air fryer and warm it up for a minute or two.
Topping And Stuffing Ideas
- Cheese - Mix 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese with cream cheese for extra flavor.
- Keto/ Low-carb - omit bread crumbs or use almond meal or low-carb breadcrumbs.
- Herbs - add chopped cilantro, dill, thyme, rosemary or Italian seasoning.
- Spicy - add cayenne pepper/chili powder or red chili flakes or a spicy kick.
- Protein - Add finely chopped bacon, chicken, cooked sausage or cooked ground meat.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Line the container with a paper towel to soak up any moisture.
Reheat mushrooms in the Air fryer at 360F for a few minutes until warm.
Freeze stuffed mushrooms in a freezer-safe bag or container in the freezer for 3 to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the air fryer.
Can I use canned mushrooms?
I don't recommend using canned mushrooms in this recipe. Fresh mushrooms are the best.
Why are my stuffed mushrooms soggy?
If you had rinsed the mushrooms and not dried thoroughly it might get soggy. This is why I prefer not to rinse the mushrooms but rather gently wipe away any dirt.
Mushrooms have a higher water content, so leftovers in the fridge might get soggy. Line the bottom of the container with a paper towel before placing the stuffed mushrooms. Reheat the mushrooms in the Air fryer till its warm and dry.
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
For more Air fryer recipes, check my Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz mushrooms fresh
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese mix grated
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a kitchen towel to remove any dirt. Remove the stem and clean the inside of the mushroom with a small spoon to make room for the cheese stuffing.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Use one or two tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to stuff the mushrooms. Top the stuffed mushrooms with a mix of grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Preheat air fryer to 360F. Place mushrooms in the air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry for 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms are soft and cheese is melted and gooey.
- Transfer the air-fried stuffed mushrooms to a serving plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Line the container with a paper towel to soak up any moisture.
- Reheat mushrooms in the Air fryer at 360F for a few minutes until warm.
- Freeze stuffed mushrooms in a freezer-safe bag or container in the freezer for 3 to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the air fryer.