Air Fryer caramelized bananas with chocolate and a crunchy cinnamon topping makes the plain Air fryer bananas a fancy dessert! This easy dessert can be made in just 10 minutes and one your whole family will love. Serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of Dulce de leche for an awesome dessert!
Air Fryer Caramelized Bananas With Cinnamon Topping
I love roasting bananas in the Air fryer. The Air fryer turns the starch (that's essentially sugar) in the bananas to a delicious caramel flavor.
These Air fried bananas have a crunchy cinnamon topping made with brown sugar, breadcrumbs and cinnamon. And they are stuffed with mini chocolate chips because, why not? Bananas pair well with cinnamon and chocolate and this is what all the delicious things are made of. Am I right?
This Air fryer banana dessert tastes amazing served with Vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of Dulce de leche. They can be whipped up in just 10 minutes. I'm amazed at how easy it is, to turn bananas into these fancy budget-friendly dessert in just minutes. This is one dessert your whole family will love and ask for seconds. And you won't even mind it.
Serve these Air fryer bananas with your oatmeal, pancake or Greek yogurt for a delicious breakfast. They're great as a quick and easy snack served on their own.
If you love making fruit desserts in the Air fryer, check out Air Fryer Pineapple, or for chocolate desserts, Air fryer Brownies, and Air fryer Lava Cakes. I love all things chocolate and cookies so I make Chocolate chip cookies in the Air fryer too.
Check out my favorite recipes here in our Air fryer Recipes collection.
Why we love to make Air fryer bananas:
- Quick and easy -takes only 10 minutes
- Crunchy cinnamon topping
- Melted chocolate with every bite
- Absolutely delicious fancy dessert
Ingredients and Notes
- Ripe bananas - use ripe firm bananas that have a yellow skin and a few black spots. You don't want to use overripe bananas as they won't hold shape and will become mushy easily.
- Melted butter - to brush on top of the bananas for the crunchy cinnamon coating to stick
- Brown sugar - use brown sugar for the caramely flavor
- Bread crumbs - what makes it crunchy
- Chocolate chips - use mini chocolate chips. They can be stuffed easily inside the banana. Chopped chocolate can also be used.
How To Make Air Fryer Bananas
You'll find a fully printable version of this recipe with ingredients and measurements at the bottom of this post.
Cut the bananas in half. Make a slit in the middle of the banana half to stuff the chocolate chips in. Brush the top of the bananas with melted butter. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, bread crumbs and cinnamon.
Stuff the mini chocolate chips in the bananas into the slit you made. You can gently move the flesh apart to make it easier to push the chocolate chips in. Take care not to break the banana. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top.
Line the Air fryer basket with parchment paper and place the banana halves in. I line the basket for easy clean-up if any mishaps were to occur.
Air fry bananas at 375F for 10 minutes until the top is browned and the chocolate is melted. Remove the Air fried bananas to a serving plate. Serve warm.
Pro Tips For Air Fryer Bananas
- Use a mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Place the bananas in a single layer in the Air fryer basket.
- You might want to take a peek halfway through the cooking process to make sure the tops are not getting burnt. Reduce the temperature and increase the cook time if that happens.
- Use a spatula to carefully remove the air fried bananas from the Air fryer without it falling apart.
How To Store And Reheat
STORE leftover caramelized air fryer bananas, in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
REHEAT them in the Air fryer at 300F for a few minutes until warm. Or in the microwave.
What To Serve Air Fryer Bananas With
Air fried bananas taste great served with our favorites below:
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Dulce de leche
- Caramel syrup
- Whipped cream
- Greek yogurt
More Banana Recipes You'll love:
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats
- Healthy Banana Oats Blender Pancakes
- Banana Oat Lactation Muffins
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Brownies
- Air Fryer Lava Cake
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Pineapple with Cinnamon
Check out my favorite recipes here in our Air Fryer Recipes collection.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Easy Air Fryer Caramelized Bananas (With Chocolate)
- 3 bananas
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- dulce de leche or caramel syrup
- Cut the bananas in half lengthwise. Make a slit in the middle of the banana to stuff the chocolate chips in. Brush the top of the bananas with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, bread crumbs, and cinnamon.
- Stuff the mini chocolate chips in the bananas into the slit you made. You can gently move the flesh apart to make it easier to push the chocolate chips in. Take care not to break the banana. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top
- Line the Air fryer basket with parchment paper and place the banana halves in.
- Air fry the bananas at 375F for 10 minutes until the top is browned and the chocolate is melted.
- Serve warm with Vanilla ice cream and Dulce de leche or caramel syrup drizzled on top.
- Store - leftover banana in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat - in the air fryer at 300F for 2 to 3 minutes until warm.
- Use ripe bananas with yellow peel and a few spots. Avoid using overripe bananas.
- Take a peek at the bananas halfway through the cooking process to see wether the tops are getting burnt. Reduce the temperature and increase the cooking time in that case.