See how to make an awesome Air Fryer Ribeye Steak that's juicy, tender, and full of deep beefy flavor. Surprising, as this amazing steak is prepared in less than 15 minutes with only three ingredients and topped with a flavorful garlic herb butter.
Forget the grill. Coat rib-eye steak with spices and fry it in an air fryer for a tender steak that’s just as good as the best from restaurants. (Spoiler alert: Even better.) Don't forget to top the Air fryer steak with a herb garlic butter for an authentic dining experience right at home.
The next best thing to grilled steak is Air fryer steak. It doesn't matter whether it's too hot or cold outside to fire up the grill, you can cook perfect air fryer steak in a flash to satisfy your cravings with this steak recipe.
We love steak in the air fryer and some of our favorites are Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites and Air Fryer Roast Beef. Check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more mouth-watering Air fryer main dishes.
- Why We Love Air Fryer Rib eye Steak:
- What Is Ribeye Steak?
- Ingredients and Notes
- Seasonings for Air Fryer Steak
- How To Make Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- How To Make Garlic Herb Butter For Steak
- Tips for Success
- Steak Temperature Chart
- Side Dishes For Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- How To Store/Reheat
- Common Questions
- Should I sear my steak before putting it in the air fryer?
- Do I need to flip my steak?
- More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love:
Why We Love Air Fryer Rib eye Steak:
- Juicy, tender, succulent steak - just like grilled steak
- Only 3 ingredients for a flavorful steak - steak seasoning, a bit of oil, and steak
- Ready in less than 15 minutes
- Diet friendly - high in protein and suitable for gluten-free, keto, low carb, paleo and Whole 30 way of eating.
What Is Ribeye Steak?
The rib-eye is a cut of beef from the rib section and is prized for its tenderness and beefy flavor. This cut can either be boneless or bone-in. The rib eye contains more marbling than other cuts. So it's best cooked over high heat, and because of its fat content, it'll still be juicy inside even if you cook it to medium. It's one of the best cuts for steak.
Ingredients and Notes
- Ribeye Steak - look for a cut that is 8 to 10 oz in weight and 1-inch thick. Thinner steaks will cook faster so if you're cooking a thinner cut you'll have to reduce the cooking time.
- Steak seasoning - I prefer to use steak seasoning for more flavor.
- Oil - you don't really need oil but I like to brush some olive oil on the steak so that the seasoning could stick. You can also use an olive oil spray to coat the steak.
Seasonings for Air Fryer Steak
Even though you don't need much to make a delicious rib-eye steak, the following seasoning options surely would enhance the flavor.
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Steak seasoning
- Italian seasoning with garlic powder,salt and pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: Take the steak out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature, ideally about 30 mins to one hour.
STEP TWO: Preheat air fryer to 400F for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, to prep, pat the steak dry with paper towels.
STEP THREE: Brush the beef all over with olive oil. Sprinkle with steak seasoning and press to coat. Make sure you coat all over the beef with the seasonings.
STEP FOUR: Place the seasoned steak in the Air fryer basket. Cook steak for 10 minutes for medium. Cooking steak at a high temperature creates a nice crust and also helps seal the juices in.
STEP FIVE: Check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer. For medium, it should be 140F to 145F.
STEP SIX: Remove steak from the air fryer and rest for 5 minutes to help seal the juices in. Top with garlic butter and serve!
How To Make Garlic Herb Butter For Steak
STEP ONE: Mix softened butter, minced garlic and chopped parsley in a small bowl.
STEP TWO: Transfer the butter to a cling film or parchment paper and roll it into a log. You can leave the butter to harden in the fridge for 30 minutes. If you're crunching for time, keep the butter in the freezer for 5 minutes and then move it to the fridge until you use it.
STEP THREE: Slice the garlic butter into coins and serve on steak.
Tips for Success
- Leave the beef out of the fridge to reach room temperature before cooking.
- Pat the beef dry thoroughly to avoid extra moisture.
- Preheat the air fryer to get a nice sear.
- Use a meat thermometer or an instant-read thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked to perfection. When checking, insert the probe into the thickest part of the beef for an accurate reading.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing for a succulent, juicy steak.
- When slicing, cut meat against the grain into thin slices.
Steak Temperature Chart
Steak has to be cooked at high temperatures and quickly for the best taste and texture.
I like to air fry steak medium to medium-well, and that takes 10 minutes at 400F in the air fryer. But air fryers come in various sizes and temperatures and styles, so the cooking times may vary for each model.
It's best to check the internal temperature of the meat with an instant-read thermometer for the perfect steak done according to your liking. This steak temperature chart will help you with that.
Side Dishes For Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
Serve air fried steak with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Bean Almondine for a decadent and elegant meal. You can also top with a steak sauce for more deliciousness.
Since steak goes well with potatoes as a side dish, you can also serve them with Air fryer potato dishes like these Air Fryer Roast Potatoes, Air Fryer Baby Potatoes or Air Fryer Potato Wedges. Or try any of the delicious vegetables in the Air fryer in our Air Fryer Recipe Collection
You can serve the steak with a salad or mashed cauliflower for a keto, low-carb meal.
How To Store/Reheat
Store leftover steak in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.
Reheat them in the air fryer at 360F for a few minutes until warm.
Freeze the steak in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for up to 6 months. To reheat frozen steak it's better to let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
Should I sear my steak before putting it in the air fryer?
No, you don't need to sear your steak. It's important to preheat your air fryer before placing the steak as high heat produces the best results.
You can sear your steak in a pan before putting it in the air fryer, though but you need to keep an eye on the time in the air fryer as the steak is already cooked to some degree. Air fryer steak can be seared at the end too if you love that texture.
Do I need to flip my steak?
I don't flip my steak, but you can definitely flip your steak using tongs. Flip halfway through the cooking time or at the end and air fry for an extra minute or two to get the crisp texture on both sides.
More Air Fryer Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Garlic Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Roast Beef
- Air Fryer Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Shrimp
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- 2 Ribeye steak 10 oz, 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
For Garlic Herb Butter
- 3 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Take the steak out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, to prep, pat the steak dry with paper towels.
- Brush or spray the beef all over with olive oil. Sprinkle with steak seasoning and press to coat.
- Place the seasoned steak in the Air fryer basket. Cook the steak for 10 minutes for medium or until the internal temperature reaches upto to your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the air fryer and rest for 5 minutes to help seal the juices in. Top with garlic herb butter and serve with your favorite sides.
Garlic Herb Butter
- Mix softened butter, minced garlic and chopped parsley in a small bowl. Transfer to a cling film or parchment paper and roll into a log. Leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden. Slice and serve.
Steak Temperature Guide
- Rare - 125℉
- Medium rare - 135℉
- Medium - 145℉
- Well Done - 155℉
- store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.
- reheat in the air fryer at 360F for a few minutes until warm.
- freeze up to 3 months.
Leave a Reply