Air Fryer Carrot Fries are a delicious side dish or a healthy snack your whole family will love. They're so easy, simple, and ready in 15 minutes. Serve them with spicy mayo sauce for extra deliciousness!
Air Fryer carrot fries are a game-changer. It's my toddler's new obsession. Even my teens who turn their nose at most vegetables finish these off with a spicy mayo sauce. If you like sweet and salty carrots try my Air Fryer Carrots -with honey and soy sauce.
Air fryers are perfect for roasting vegetables. They come out crisp and full of flavor in half the time than it does in the oven. Carrots are cut into sticks and coated in olive oil and spices and roasted in the Air fryer until crisp. Roasting enhances the natural sweetness of the carrots and combined with seasoning it's so irresistible.
Don't expect it to be like traditional fries as carrots don't have starch to become crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside but they're a good alternative. If you're looking to cut extra calories, these Air fryer carrot fries are perfect. These roasted carrots are tender with the browned crisp outer layer.
These healthy carrot fries are gluten-free, vegetarian/vegan and so good for you!
If you're looking for more Air fryer side dishes or Air fryer vegetable dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
- Why We Love Air Fryer Carrot Fries:
- Ingredients and Notes
- How To Make Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Recipe Tips
- How To Serve Carrot Fries
- Seasoning Ideas
- How To Make Carrot Fries In The Oven
- Are carrot fries healthier than regular French fries?
- How to make crispy carrot fries?
- How To Store/Reheat Carrot Fries
- More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You'll Love:
Why We Love Air Fryer Carrot Fries:
- Crisp and delicious
- Ready in about 15 minutes
- Healthy snack or delicious side dish
- kid friendly
Ingredients and Notes
- Carrots - I used two medium carrots which weighed about 13oz. Use fleshy carrots as they'll be easy to cut into French fries. If you're using baby carrots, cut them into half, so you have more surface area to roast. Store bought carrot chips can be used too.
- Oil - olive oil, avocado oil, or any neutral cooking oil
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Kosher Salt, Ground black pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Start by cutting the ends off the carrots. Peel carrots using a peeler or a paring knife. Cut the carrot into two or three equal-sized pieces and each piece into sticks. Use a french fry cutter if you have one.
In a large bowl, season the carrot sticks with spices. Toss with olive oil to coat.
Preheat Air fryer to 390F. Place the carrots in the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry at 390F for 12 to 15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through until carrot fries are tender, crisp, and slightly browned.
Remove the Air fried carrots and serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top and your favorite dipping sauce.
- Preheat Air fryer - or add extra cooking time.
- Place the carrots in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Air fry for an extra minute or two to brown the fries more.
How To Serve Carrot Fries
These delicious carrot fries are so versatile and can be served in many ways.
I like to switch up the seasonings and surprise my family. Carrot fries taste good both savory and sweet. Here are some seasoning ideas for you to try.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese to the carrot sticks for a cheesy flavor.
- Substitute the spice mix in this recipe with 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, or lemon pepper seasoning.
- For a sweet version, sprinkle with some brown sugar and cinnamon, and toss in melted butter.
How To Make Carrot Fries In The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 420F.
- Place the seasoned carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tender and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Are carrot fries healthier than regular French fries?
Absolutely. These fries are made from carrots and not potatoes. So there's that. They aren't deep fried and require only 2 tablespoons of heart-healthy olive oil in the air fryer. So they're perfect if you're watching your calories or want to avoid extra oil. Reduce the oil further by using an olive oil spray on the carrots.
How to make crispy carrot fries?
To make crispier fries, use oil. I use 2 tablespoons of olive oil. You can also add about 1 teaspoon of corn starch to absorb excess moisture.
How To Store/Reheat Carrot Fries
These fries taste best when they're fresh. It's common not to have leftovers but if you have any, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat them in the air fryer at 375F for a few minutes until warm and crisp. They might not crisp up as they did initially, but still taste good.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- 2 carrots medium sized, about ¾ to 1 pound
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cutting the ends off the carrots. Peel carrots using a peeler or a paring knife. Cut the carrot into equal-sized pieces and each piece into thin fries.
- In a large bowl, season the carrot with garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil to coat.
- Preheat Air fryer to 390F. Place the carrot fries in the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 390F for 12 to 15 minutes shaking the basket halfway through until carrot fries are tender, crisp and slightly browned.
- Remove the Air fried carrot fries and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
- These carrot fries taste best when they're fresh. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat them in the air fryer at 375F for a few minutes until warm and crisp.