Homemade Air Fryer Garlic Bread with Cheese with crispy edges and warm cheesy center is fresh and so irresistible. They're quick and so easy to make. And make a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Homemade Air Fryer Garlic Bread With Cheese
Learn how to make homemade Air fryer garlic bread with crispy edges and a soft center. They're topped with cheese and chopped parsley for extra deliciousness.
We are huge garlic bread lovers, especially my kids. We usually order a side of garlic bread when ordering pizza. On the days I'm making soup, I make sure to have frozen garlic bread stocked in the freezer. But I'm telling you, these homemade garlic bread in the Air fryer beats them all.
Why homemade garlic bread is better for you?
I won't lie to you, I've relied on frozen or readymade garlic bread. When you look at the ingredients label, most of them don't use real butter and use modified oils and hard to pronounce ingredients. When you make them at home, you know you use real butter and the ingredients that go into them.
And the beauty of using the Air fryer is, the garlic bread gets done in no time. You get garlicky, buttery, cheesy bread within 5 to 10 minutes for your pasta dishes, pizza, or to dunk in a bowl of soup!
If you're looking for more Air fryer side dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe collection.
Why We Love Garlic Bread In Air Fryer:
- Quick and easy to make in the Air fryer
- It's homemade with all the delicious ingredients
- Perfect addition to your weeknight meal
Baguette - I used a half-cooked baguette that needs to finish up in the oven. A regular baguette from the bakery can be used. Cut the baguette into ½-inch slices.
Softened Butter - If you butter is hard, soften it in the microwave for a few seconds to make the garlic butter. Make sure it doesn't melt fully.
Minced Garlic - Freshly minced garlic is the best. Use a knife or a garlic mincer to mince your garlic. Garlic powder can be substituted in a pinch.
Herbs - I use chopped fresh parsley. Chopped basil would work well too. Use a ¼ teaspoon of dried parsley or basil for extra flavor.
Cheese - I use freshly grated parmesan cheese. But a combination of grated cheddar and parmesan cheese is wonderful and my kids have requested it many times.
How To Cook Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
- Mix the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley and parmesan in a small bowl until combined.
- Cut the bagutte in to ½-inch thick slices.
- Spread the garlic butter generously on each slice.
- Place in the Air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 350F for 5 to 8 minutes until crispy on the edges. You can cook for a minute or two more depending on how crispy you want it to be.
- Serve immediately for best texture.
- Use fresh garlic for best flavor.
- Place the garlic bread in a single layer to evenly get toasted.
- Keep a close eye on the cooking time because it cooks faster. Adjust the cooking time according to how crispy you want it to be. Start with less time and increase as needed.
The Best Bread To Use
French Baguette is a popular choice for garlic bread. I used an artisan half-baked baguette - when I air fry them it won't get too crispy or hard. Also, you can cut it easily into the thickness you want.
Ciabatta or an artisan loaf can also be used. They're a bit heartier and bigger- you might need more garlic butter and need to cook it in batches.
You can also make Air fryer garlic bread with sliced bread or sandwich bread. Cut them in half to make Air fryer garlic breadsticks.
Cheeses To Use For Air Fryer Garlic Bread
Parmesan cheese is the best to use. Use parmesan cheese that's already grated or if you can freshly grate, that's even better. Don't use the powdered parmesan that comes in a green can.
Don't limit yourself to just one cheese. I have sprinkled grated cheddar, mozzarella on top of the garlic bread slices and they taste amazing!
How To Store/Freeze And Reheat Garlic Bread
Store leftover garlic bread in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat them in the Air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes.
Freeze your garlic bread for later, by placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flash freeze. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months.
Frozen Garlic Bread In The Air Fryer
It's so easy to reheat frozen garlic bread in the Air fryer. It's the best way to make garlic bread taste fresh and crispy, whether it's store-bought or homemade.
To reheat, simply air fry them at 340F for 5 to 6 minutes until they're warm and toasty.
Air Fryer Texas Toast
Garlic bread and Texas toast are the same thing but the only difference is Texas toast is made with thick sliced bread.
If you prefer to make Texas toast, use a French loaf or any thick sliced bread. Spread the garlic butter generously on each slice (you may need to double the quantity of garlic butter) - and air fry at 350F for 6 to 8 minutes. Texas toast might take a few minutes longer to cook than the regular garlic bread made with baguette.
If you want to reheat frozen Texas toast, air fry them at 340F for 6 to 8 minutes until warm and toasty.
How To Serve Garlic Bread
Garlic bread is a delicious addition to any meal. Serve them with a pasta dish or pizza.
You might want to serve garlic bread immediately for best results. Prep ahead and air fry just before you're ready to enjoy.
Do you need to preheat the Air fryer?
No, you don't need to. I don't preheat the Air fryer for this recipe. But if your Air fryer requires it - preheat it according to the manufacturer's instructions.
What temperature to cook garlic bread in the Air fryer?
I normally cook at a low temperature at 350F - to make it nice and toasty and not get burnt. Cook at 350F or 340F depending on your Air fryer.
How to make foil wrapped garlic bread in the Air fryer?
To make foil-wrapped garlic bread in the Air fryer, slice the baguette into 1-inch thick slices, without cutting all the way through. Stuff the garlic butter into the slits generously. Wrap the entire baguette in foil sealing tightly. You might have to cut the baguette in half if it doesn't fit your Air fryer basket entirely. Air fry at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned on top.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
Check out my Air Fryer Recipe Collection for more Air fryer recipes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends! ❤️
Homemade Air Fryer Garlic Bread With Cheese
- 1 loaf French baguette
- 4 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley or basil optional
- For the garlic butter - Mix the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley and parmesan in a small bowl until combined.
- Cut the baguette into ½-inch thick slices. Spread the garlic butter generously on each slice. Double the amount of garlic butter if needed.
- Place in the Air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry at 350F for 5 to 8 minutes until crispy on the edges. You can cook for a minute or two more depending on how crispy you want it to be.
- Serve immediately for the best texture.
- Store - in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat - in the Air fryer at 350F for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Freeze - place in a lined baking sheet and freeze. Transfer to a freezer bag and keep it in the freezer for 3 months.
- Reheat From Frozen - air fry at 340F for 6 to 8 minutes.