The easiest roasted broccoli soup ever! Roast all the ingredients ,simmer with broth and you get a healthy creamy soup full of veggies for your weeknight meal. How easy can it get?
I'm a big fan of soups specially if it doesn't involve a million steps. Roasting vegetable is a great way to bring out the flavors. I love to fire up my oven during winters and bake muffins and roast vegetables on repeat. And I roast all the vegetables needed for this soup and boil them in a broth. Blend and you get deliciously creamy and a hearty soup. No need for sauteing. It doesn't seem like a big deal but with a newborn who likes to nap in my arms I like to keep my meal prep time as short as possible.
Why you'll love this roasted broccoli soup?
- The vegetables are roasted. Roasting enhances the flavour. Roasted vegetables = Deliciousness !
- It's easy. You roast all the ingredients in a sheet and dump it with broth and bring to boil. Puree the soup and you're good to go. (If you have an immersion blender pureeing the soup is a breeze. No need to transfer hot liquids)
- It's creamy without added cream or milk. Potatoes and coconut milk makes it velvety so it's completely vegan.
After the holiday indulge, this soup is a perfect reset to get back to a healthy eating plan in the new year.
Here's how to make this soup
- Toss the broccoli crowns and tender stems, onions, poatoes and garlic in olive oil and roast.
- Add the roasted vegetables along with stock to a pot and bring to boil.
- Add coconut milk or cream.
- Puree the soup using a stick blender or a countertop blender.
- Serve into bowls, garnish and dig in!
I have this soup on repeat in my weekly menus. Having a mugful of this soup while curled up on a sofa is the best way to spend the Canadian winters. It's vegan and whole 30 approved. What's not to love about it?
More soup recipes to warm you up
Instant Pot Thai Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Quinoa Veggie Soup
If you make any of my recipes,tag me #loveandotherspices on Instagram and follow me on Pinterest to get more delicious healthy meal ideas.
Easy Roasted Broccoli Soup
- Baking sheet, Soup pot, Blender
- 2 large broccoli crowns (around 2lbs) florets removed and tender stems sliced
- 2 small potatoes peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 small onion peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or 2 stock cubes with 6 cups of water)
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice add more to taste
- Reserved roasted broccoli florets, sliced almonds, pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place Broccoli florets, tender stems, onion, potato and garlic in a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt and mix so the vegetables are coated with oil and salt.
- Arrange the vegetables on the baking sheets and pour the olive oil from the bowl if there's any, over the vegetables. Bake for 25 minutes or the vegetables are slightly browned.
- Reserve some broccoli florets for garnishing. Drop the vegetables into a pot along with broth and coconut milk. Add the ground black pepper. Bring to boil.
- Puree the soup using a stick blender. Or carefull transfer to a blender and puree in batches.
- Season with lemon juice and salt to taste. Serve with garnishes.
This site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for the site to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Leave a Reply