This is the ultimate recipe for a crispy lemon pepper chicken wings in the air fryer! They taste fabulous and so easy to make with just 4 ingredients. Say hi to your new favorite lemon pepper wings recipe!
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
- Seasonings For Chicken Wings
- Recipe Tips
- What To Serve With Lemon Pepper Wings
- How To Store And Freeze
- How To Reheat Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
- How To Get Really Crispy Wings In The Air Fryer?
- More Chicken Recipes You'll Love:
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
Looking for a mouth-watering and easy-to-make appetizer or snack that will have your taste buds dancing with joy? Look no further than these Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings!
This crispy, zesty dish is a crowd-pleaser that can be whipped up in just a few minutes using simple ingredients. The air fryer creates the perfect texture, making the skin of the chicken wings crispy and delicious without the need for oil or deep frying.
The tangy and savory taste of lemon pepper seasoning perfectly complements the juicy and tender meat, leaving you craving for more. It's now one of my go-to dishes for game day or a quick snack. So, if you want to impress your taste buds and guests with a flavorful and healthy dish, give this recipe a try!
For more air fryer recipes, check my Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Healthy: No need for oil and deep frying to make super delicious chicken wings just like you get in your favorite restaurant. Plus, they're gluten free, low carb and ideal for keto diet.
- Easy to make: This simple recipe is quick and easy, requiring only a few simple ingredients, making it perfect for a last-minute snack or an impromptu gathering.
- Delicious: Lemon pepper wings are a classic flavor combination that's loved by because they taste so good!
- Fast: Ready in 20 minutes. Much faster and crispier than baking in the oven.
Chicken wings: I used fresh chicken wings. If you buy whole chicken wings, separate them and use only flats(wingettes) and drums(drummettes or drumsticks). Use a knife or kitchen shears and separate them at the joints. You can save the wing tips for making chicken stock later.
Lemon pepper seasoning: A good quality lemon pepper seasoning makes all the difference. It tastes lemony and mildly spicy and gives the chicken wings so much flavor .
Black Pepper: freshly ground black pepper makes this wings extra tasty.
Oil: olive oil, avocado oil, vegetable oil or any cooking oil. Oil is optional but it makes the spices stick to the wings.
Salt: If your seasoning mix doesn't contain salt add some kosher salt in.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F. Pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
In a large bowl, mix the chicken wings with oil, lemon pepper seasoning, black pepper. Toss and stir to coat.
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry chicken wings for 10 minutes. Flip and air fry for another 5-8 minutes until golden and crispy. The internal temperature should be 165˚F when checked using a meat thermometer.
Remove the wings from the Air fryer and serve with lemon wedges and your favorite dipping sauce.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Seasonings For Chicken Wings
If you're unable to find the lemon pepper seasoning mix for these wings or want to enhance the flavor of your existing mix, you can use a combination of the ingredients below.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Pat wings dry before seasoning. Using paper towels pat wings dry to absorb extra moisture and prevent steaming. This gives extra crispy skin too.
- Spray or line the basket. Spray the basket of your air fryer with an olive oil cooking spray to avoid sticking and burning. Line the basket with parchment paper or foil for easy clean-up, if you prefer. If you're lining the basket make sure you leave enough space around the edges for airflow.
- Single layer. For best results, place the wings in a single layer without stacking them up. This helps them cook evenly. Cook in several batches if you're cooking more than 1 pound or if you have a small air fryer.
What To Serve With Lemon Pepper Wings
Air-fried chicken wings can be served as a main meal or as an appetizer. They are so good on their own but you can definitely serve them with celery sticks, cut-up carrots, and a dipping sauce. Here are some dips that go well with crispy air fryer lemon pepper wings:
If you're serving them as the main meal, try these side dishes or a side salad.
How To Store And Freeze
Storage - Store leftover wings in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.
Freeze - Once cooled, freeze the wings in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
How To Reheat Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
Now you can quickly reheat your favorite chicken wings in the Air fryer.
To reheat wings from the fridge, air fry at 380˚F for 3-4 minutes until warm.
Reheating frozen chicken wings takes a bit longer than that. To reheat wings from frozen air fry them at 385˚F for 6-7 minutes until they're warm and crispy.
How To Get Really Crispy Wings In The Air Fryer?
To get really crispy wings in the Air fryer here are some things you need to do:
- Pat the chicken wings dry. Excess moisture will steam the chicken instead of crisping it up and and you don't want that.
- Toss the wings in oil. We're using only a tablespoon of oil for that crispy skin just like deep fried.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray and leave enough space around them for air flow.
Following these tips will ensure you get crispy wings every time, even without baking powder or flour!
More Chicken Recipes You'll Love:
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
- 1½ pound chicken wings separated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1½ tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pat dry the chicken wings with paper towels.
- Preheat Air fryer at 390˚F for a few minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and add oil, lemon pepper seasoning, freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You can use parchment or foil under the wings for easy clean-up. Make sure you leave space on the sides for airflow.
- Air fry wings for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces and cook for another 5-8 minutes until golden and crispy. The internal temperature should be 165˚F when checked using a meat thermometer.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with ranch dip or your favorite dipping sauce.