Air Fryer Frozen Texas Toast is the perfect side dish to any meal! It's crispy, delicious and ready in minutes.
If you're a fan of crispy, delicious Texas toast but don't want to go through the hassle of using a traditional oven, then the air fryer is your perfect solution. I always have a bag of frozen Texas toast in my freezer for busy weeknights or for a quick snack. If you rather make garlic bread at home, you'll love my easy recipe for homemade air fryer garlic bread .
If you're wondering what a Texas toast is, it's frozen garlic bread. These are pre sliced white bread spread with garlic butter. You will find it under many different brand names in your local grocery store.
The Air fryer uses hot air circulation to cook food to a crisp, golden-brown perfection, without the need for excess oil or messy cleanup. Texas toast in the air fryer come out crispy on the edges and soft and fluffy bread on the inside.
I'll show you how to make mouthwatering frozen garlic bread in the air fryer, with a perfectly toasted exterior and a soft, fluffy interior. So, grab your air fryer and get ready to enjoy some delicious, easy-to-make Texas toast in no time!
For more air fryer recipes, check my Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Quick and easy: Air fryer frozen garlic bread takes only a few minutes to cook, without the need for preheating the oven or waiting for the bread to toast.
- Crispy texture: The air fryer ensures a crispy and golden-brown texture on the outside, while the bread remains soft and fluffy on the inside.
- Versatile: You can enjoy this Texas toast recipe as a side dish or use it as a base for sandwiches or burgers.
- Customizable: You can easily customize this recipe by adding your favorite herbs, spices, or cheeses to the bread.
- Kid approved: Even the picky eaters won't say not to this delicious bread.
Texas toast: Frozen Texas toast is all you need. Some of the favorite brands are Pepperidge farms and New York bakery if you're in the US and Fulani if you're in Canada. I will show you how to toast the frozen ones as well as the fresh toast in this recipe.
Optional add-ins: cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder or minced garlic for more garlic flavor
How to Make Frozen Texas Toast In The Air Fryer
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Preheat Air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place the frozen Texas toast in the Air fryer basket in a single layer without overlapping. You don't need to thaw it beforehand. I was able to fit in 4 thick slices of bread.
Air fry Texas toast for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Flip and toast for another 3-4 minutes until done.
If you want some cheesy bread, now is the time to add shredded cheddar cheese and a sprinkle Italian seasoning on top. Air fry for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
How To Make Fresh Texas Toast In The Air Fryer
Not only frozen, Air fryers are great at toasting fresh garlic bread too. They come better than in the oven or toaster.
No need to preheat the Air fryer. Simply place the garlic bread in the Air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry at 350˚F for 3-4 minutes. Turn the toast and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
These timings are estimates and it takes a few tries to get the correct cook time for your air fryer.
- Preheat Air fryer to cook frozen garlic bread. You don't need to preheat the air fryer for fresh ones.
- You can spray the air fryer basket with an olive oil spray or a cooking spray (avoid PAM) to prevent the bread from sticking.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Texas Toast
This easy side dish goes well with so many meals. Here are some of my favorite ways to serve this garlic bread.
Pasta: Whether you're serving a pasta dinner or pizza, it's not complete without a side of garlic toast.
Burger: Use the air fryer Texas toast as a bun for a hearty burger. Top with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese.
Storing and Reheating
Storage - Store leftover garlic bread in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat - The best way to reheat Texas toast is pop them back in the air fryer at 350˚F for a few minutes until they're warm and crispy.
Air Fryer Frozen Texas Toast (Frozen Garlic Bread)
- 4 slices texas toast frozen
- Preheat Air fryer to 350˚F. Place the frozen Texas toast in the Air fryer basket in a single layer without overlapping. You don't need to thaw it beforehand.
- Air fry frozen texas toast 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Turn the other side and air fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the Air fryer and serve warm.