These cheeseburger sliders made with Hawaiian rolls are packed with spicy and juicy beef, melted cheese, and are ridiculously good that will leave you craving for more. They make great party food and can be made in 30 minutes.
Cheeseburger sliders are a delicious twist on the classic cheeseburgers. We can never get enough of these mini burgers that are so irresistible. They're perfect for any party, get-together, game day or when you're just looking for a fun and delicious snack.
These are not your average ground beef sliders. The beef is cooked in a sauce made of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha sauce, and brown sugar. It's spicy and sweet with a caramelized flavor. This recipe is inspired by this Firecracker Beef recipe.
Making these on Hawaiian rolls makes them so fast and easy to do. These rolls are fluffy and melt in your mouth. With all the different flavors and textures these homemade sliders with Hawaiin rolls will impress anyone.
Why You’ll Love This Slider Recipe:
- Delicious: You know I'm big on flavors here so trust me on this! Juicy meat, melted cheese and fluffy rolls make for an irresistible combination of flavors and taste. These sliders will become your new favorite!
- Quick and easy: This easy recipe takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. Yes, it's that quick. You don't have to make mini burger patties or do each slider individually. We slice open a whole pack of Hawaiian rolls, stuff it with spicy and saucy ground beef and lots of cheese, cover, and bake. You pull out each slider to eat. So easy and convenient!
- Fun family food: Sliders are a big hit with my family. They're a fun food great for any gathering or just snacking. They can be scaled to feed a crowd.
- Make Ahead: These sliders can be made ahead and warmed when ready to serve. So convenient when you have to host.
- Ground beef
- Chili flakes
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sriracha sauce
- Brown sugar
- Hawaiian rolls
How To Make Cheeseburger Sliders With Hawaiian Rolls
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
Cook the meat: Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add ground beef. Cook beef until you no longer see raw meat, breaking the meat up as you go. This should take about 3 to 4 minutes.
I used an 80/20 lean ground beef. Once the beef is cooked add the minced garlic and chili flakes and cook for 1 minute. No need to use oil as there's enough fat in the beef. Don't drain the meat. You're letting all the flavors down the drain. Let the extra water evaporate.
Sauce it up: Now comes the best part. Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add sauce to the beef and cook for 5 minutes until thick and slightly caramelized. The beef should still look wet though. Add one or two tablespoons of water to make it more saucy. Remove the skillet from the stove and keep it aside.
Assemble sliders: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the rolls in half with a serrated knife. Place the bottom half of the rolls on a baking dish or a sheet. Spread the ground beef mixture evenly on that. Next, place the cheese slices on top of the beef. Cover with the top half of the rolls. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Bake: Bake the sliders at 350˚F for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
Substitutions and Variations
Rice vinegar: Use regular vinegar
Brown sugar: love the caramelized flavor it adds but substitute with white sugar if you don't have any.
Sriracha sauce, chili flakes: You can reduce the amount used if you want less heat but they're not very spicy. Definitely increase for more heat.
Toppings: Add red onions, pickles, bacon or any of your favorite toppings and bake.
What To Serve With Hamburger Sliders
Hamburger sliders are great on their own. You can serve them with a dip or a condiment like mayo, mustard or ketchup.
To make a great meal or a quick dinner you can serve sliders with these sides.
Storage - Leftover sliders can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Wrap them in cling film or store them in an airtight container.
Reheat - These sliders reheat really well. Place them on a baking sheet and warm them in a preheated oven for a few minutes. Or you can reheat them in the microwave.
Your Questions Answered
I love Kings Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls which has 12 rolls for this recipe. Feel free to use their Hawaiian sweet rolls or any other flavors.
I've also tested these with Costco slider buns: they're a bit dense, large, and need more filling.
I prefer to use 80/20 lean ground beef. This has the best balance of meat-to-fat ratio for this recipe.
If using regular ground meat make sure to drain the meat.
You could do 90/10 or extra lean meat but add a tablespoon of oil for flavor when sauteeing.
Any nice melty cheese would work: American cheese, cheddar, colby jack, pepper jack are all good choices. I used Havarti cheese as that's what I had. Both shredded or sliced cheese will work but I prefer using sliced cheese.
Absolutely. These burger sliders are perfect for making ahead for a party or even for a quick weeknight meal.
Spicy Cheeseburger Sliders With Hawaiian Rolls
- Baking sheet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
For the Sliders
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 dinner rolls
- melted butter
- sesame seeds
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add beef and cook, breaking it as you go, until it's no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a few more minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha sauce, and brown sugar.
- Add sauce to the beef and stir to coat. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced. Add a tablespoon or two of water to make it saucy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the entire pack of dinner rolls in half and separate.
- Place the bottom half on the baking sheet and add the cooked ground beef. Spread it evenly. Place cheese slices over beef. I used 6 large slices but you could use more. Cover with top half of dinner rolls.
- Brush the top and sides of the dinner rolls with melted butter. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top if you prefer.
- Bake the sliders for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and top looks golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.