Air fryer pumpkin makes a simple and easy side dish perfect for Fall. These roasted pumpkin cubes are tender with caramelized edges and so delicious. Serve them with roasted pecans and cranberries for a festive dish.
Air fryer roast pumpkin is a healthy vegetable side dish you'll enjoy on your menu this pumpkin season. Pumpkin cubes are coated in oil, sprinkled with cinnamon and seasonings, and roasted to perfection. Served with roasted pecan and sweet cranberries you'll love them on your holiday table.
Roasting pumpkin is easier in the Air fryer and it cooks quickly too saving you time and energy in the kitchen. If you love pumpkin in the Air fryer you'll love this butternut squash recipe too.
For more Air fryer side dishes, check our Air Fryer Recipe Collection.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Healthy and easy recipe
- Simple and fast to cook in the air fryer than the oven
- Delicious side dish for dinner or any occasion
Ingredients and Notes
- Pumpkin - Use a cooking or sugar pumpkin, not decorating ones or the field pumpkins as they're called. Or you can buy a pre-cut pumpkin.
- Oil - I use mild flavored olive oil but feel free to use any cooking oil like avocado oil or vegetable oil.
- Dried herbs - I used dried rosemary but any of your favorite herbs will work too.
- Garlic powder
- Add-ins - I used pecans and craisins (sweetened dried cranberries).
How To Prep A Pumpkin For Roasting
*If you have peeled, pre-cut pumpkin cubes skip this step.
Prepping a pumpkin for roasting might seem daunting but it's fairly easy to do. Make sure you have a sharp knife to cut through the thick skin. I recommend getting a small pumpkin for this.
Place the pumpkin on the board and cut it in half vertically. Scoop the seeds and strings out using a spoon. Discard the strings and save the pumpkin seeds to roast later.
Cut the pumpkin into wedges. Peel each wedge using a vegetable peeler. Cut the wedges into 1-inch thick cubes. You can also cut them into smaller wedges, fries, or chips.
I don't always have time or patience to cut a pumpkin so I buy pre-cut pumpkin wedges from my local supermarket. It's so convenient and makes it so much easier to cook pumpkin.
How to Roast Pumpkin In An Air Fryer
*Scroll below for the printable recipe card and ingredient measurements.
STEP ONE: In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin cubes and drizzle oil all over it. Toss to coat.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, garlic powder, salt, and dried rosemary.
STEP THREE: Add the spice mix to the pumpkin and mix well so that all the cubes are coated with the spice mix.
STEP FOUR: Place the pumpkin in a preheated Air fryer. Air fry pumpkin at 400˚F for 16 to 18 minutes until the pumpkin is tender and caramelized on the edges. Shake the basket halfway through.
*Air fryers come in different sizes and models, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
STEP FIVE: Remove the pumpkin cubes and serve warm with pecans and cranberries.
Tip - Roast the pecans along with the pumpkin to save time. Add the pecans to the Air fryer basket in the last 2 minutes of the cooking time.
Seasonings For Air Fryer Pumpkin
I like to use different seasonings on the pumpkin depending on what I'm serving it with. Roasted pumpkin can be seasoned before or after cooking.
Here are a few options for you to try.
- Cayenne pepper,
- Onion Powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
To make it sweeter, add one or two tablespoons of maple syrup or brown sugar to the pumpkin along with cinnamon and salt.
- Buy pre-cut pumpkin cubes or wedges. They're so convenient and save you time in the kitchen.
- Make sure the cut-up pieces are similar in size so they cook evenly.
- Try to place the pumpkin in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cooking time will vary depending on how large the pumpkin pieces are. If you're air-frying large chunks or wedges increase the cooking time. For small cubes or fries check for doneness around 15 minutes.
You can serve this air-fried pumpkin as a side dish with main dishes like Air Fryer Steak or Roast Beef. And the addition of pecans and cranberries makes this dish perfect for the holiday table.
Serve them with a dipping sauce like spicy mayo, ranch sauce on the side, or drizzled on top.
More Recipes You'll Love:
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
Love air frying? You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our Free Facebook Air Frying Group.
Air Fryer Pumpkin
- 2 pound pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin cubes and drizzle oil all over it. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, garlic powder, salt, and dried rosemary. Add the spice mix to the pumpkin and mix well so that all the cubes are coated with the spice mix.
- Place the pumpkin in a preheated Air fryer. Air fry at 400˚F for 16 to 18 minutes until the pumpkin is tender and caramelized on the edges. Shake the basket halfway through.
- Roast the pecans along with the pumpkin to save time. Add the pecans to the Air fryer basket in the last 2 minutes of the cooking time.
- Remove the pumpkin cubes and serve with pecans and cranberries.
- Seasonings options - paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, dried Thyme or oregano
- For a sweet version add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or brown sugar.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Reheat in the Air fryer or microwave until warm.
Leave a Reply