With this super quick and easy 90 second microwave bread you won’t miss the bread in your low carb keto journey. It’s great for slathering on butter and jam, make sandwiches, dunk in soups and much more!
An amazingly easy bread to make and tastes great with anything. I find most of the low carb, keto breads in the market today are either expensive or has wheat in it which I try to avoid. Many of these bread are low in net carbs and can be called Keto, but if you’re staying away from gluten or trying to avoid it they may not be the best option for you.
When I discovered this 90 second microwave keto low carb bread I was ecstatic. I can make my favorite cheese sandwiches, spread butter and jam or eat it with soups. The uses are endless.
What do you need to make this keto bread recipe?
- Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
- Melted Butter
- Large Egg – room temperature
- Baking Powder – Aluminum Free
- Salt – omit if using salted butter
How to make this 90 second keto bread in the microwave
I use an Anchor glass 4″ ramekin as it makes the perfect size and round. You can also use a square ramekin if you want your bread square shaped for sandwiches. Start by oiling your ramekin. You can use an oil spray but I use a bit of cooking oil on the sides . This will help the bread not stick to the ramekin.
Add the melted butter, an egg, almond flour, baking powder and salt if you are using unsalted butter. Whish thoroughly with a fork until everything is combined.
Place the ramekin in the microwave and cook it for 90 seconds. Wait for a few seconds and loosen it up with a knife. It will easily come off the bowl.
I like to cut my bread in half and toast it to make it crispy. I use a toaster to do this. Alternatively, you can toast the bread on the stove with some butter until it’s nice and crispy.
My favorite way to eat this super easy 90 second keto bread is with butter and sugar free strawberry chia jam.
Can you make this 90 second microwave keto bread without almond flour?
Yes, you can use coconut flour. You can use about 1.5 tablespoons of coconut flour. Don’t use too much as coconut flour is super absorbent and will make the bread dry. I prefer the almond flour version though.
Help! Why does my bread tastes bitter?
Make sure you use Baking Powder, and not baking soda. Also it’s best to use aluminum free baking powder for best results. Also don’t use expired baking powder.
What can I substitute butter with?
You can substitute melted butter with light olive oil, avocado oil or melted coconut oil.
Why is my bread tastes bland?
Add a pinch of salt if you are using unsalted butter. Also you can use grated parmesan cheese, a pinch of oregano, black pepper to make a enhance the taste.
90 second Keto Low Carb Microwave Bread
- 3 tbsp almond flour or 1.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp baking powder aluminum free
- pinch salt (omit if using salted butter)
- Take a greased glass ramekin about 4" in diameter. Alternatively you can use a square shaped microwave safe container with the same diameter.
- Add in the melted butter, egg, baking powder, almond flour/coconut flour, salt if you are using and whish thoroughly with a fork.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Flip the ramekin on to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Toast in a toaster. Or in a pan on the stove to make to toast it.