Invite me for a dinner or a get-together.This is the first thing that comes to my mind to surprise you with.It’s easily put together in no time but has to be chilled overnight for that extra flavor.This is one of the favorite desserts of the Srilankans because I’ve seen peoples faces light up to the mere mention of the name.
I’ve made it twice in a row for a friend who invited me for dinner and for a friend i’ll be inviting pretty soon.Well,if you have your hands full with kids like me,this can be made ahead of time and kept it in the refrigerator until you get that dinner party finally arranged for your friend.
Chocolate Biscuit Pudding
100 g Cooking chocolate pieces
250 ml Whipping cream
100 g Butter at room temperature
1/2 cup Castor sugar
2 Eggs separated
1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa
1 cup Milk to soak the biscuits
1 packet Marie biscuits
Chopped Cashews or any nuts of your choice
- Double boil the chocolate pieces till they are melt,but not too hot and whisk in the egg yolks quickly and leave to cool.
- Beat whipping cream till slightly thick and add in the cooled choc mix.
- Cream butter and half the sugar,add choc mixture and sifted cocoa.
- Whisk egg whites till they peak and add the remaining sugar.Fold it into the previous mixture.
- Dip marie biscuits in milk and layer it,top with some of the chocolate mixture.sprinkle nuts on top.
- Layer the biscuit and chocolate mixture alternatively ending up with a choc layer on top.Chill overnight.
- My original recipe called for normal cream and gelatin mixture to stabilize the pudding,but i omitted and opted for whipping cream instead.Makes life much more easier,and Simpler….
- I added a tablespoon of coffee made out of instant coffee powder to the choc mix because for some reason coffee and choc go hand in hand.Be daring!