Milk Toffee with Nuts/Kiri Aluwa
1 can condensed milk
250 g sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cardomom pods(seeds crushed)
50 g cashews
4 tbsp water
- Roast the cashew nuts,chop them and keep aside.
- Butter a dish and keep it ready.
- In a heavy bottomed non stick pan,mix the sugar and water.
- Over a low heat,dissolve the sugar.When most of the sugar has dissolved add the condensed milk and keep stirring.
- Increase the flame to medium and keep stirring until the mixture begins to crystallize.This will take about 15 minutes.add the crushed cardomom and vanilla.
- When the mixture turns into a light brown color and leaves the sides of the pan,when you feel it’s shaping into a mass,add the nuts.
- Take it off from fire and pour it onto the buttered dish.
- You can smooth the top with an oiled spatula.
- Cut into pieces with an oiled knife.
- Once cooled,store it in an airtight container.
Sit back,relax,enjoy a piece of delicious milk and nut toffee over a cup of tea with your friends and family this Eid.Wishing you all an Eid filled with happiness and joy!