Having said that,in this holy month there are always Iftar get together's to look forward to.Back at home,a quite popular Iftar dinner menu is string hoppers made with either wheat flour or rice flour cause it makes a light dinner.Making it from scratch looked quite labourous to me,but the elders enjoyed it and it was team work.How I miss those days!
This recipe was adapted from Vahchef in youtube.My trusted source for the most delicious recipes.Love his cooking and how he enjoys food.The string-hoppers i used are made from rice flour and they were quite big.I needed about a 10 of those.You can use rice noodles too for this.Cook and drain according to package instructions and you are ready to go.
- Marinade the ship with ginger garlic paste,chilli,coriander and turmeric powders.Add about ½ teaspoon salt.
- Heat oil and ghee in a vessel,add the shrimp by batches and lightly fry it.
- Add the whole spices to that same oil,saute for a few seconds and add in the yogurt,half of the coriander leaves,mint leaves,fried onions,biryani masala,salt and cook for about 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in the shrimps to the mixture,then fold the string-hoppers in to the mixture taking care not to mush it.Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle the remaining coriander leaves,some fried onions and few drops of ghee and cook on low heat,covered for about 5 mins.