Oats and Wholewheat Pancakes
Makes 4 small pancakes
1/2 cup wholegrain oats,powdered
1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg, separated
1 tbsp raw sugar
1 cup milk of your choice
1 tbsp neutral oil or melted butter
Honey and banana slices to serve
- Mix powdered oats,wholewheat flour,baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolk, sugar and add the milk and oil or melted butter and beat till well incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to dry mix and stir.
- Beat the egg white till peaks form and slowly mix in to the batter with a spatula.
- Heat some butter or oil in a pan, drop couple of spoonfuls of batter and cook on both sides.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of honey and banana or any other fruit of your choice.