This baked mushroom & spinach frittata is a wholesome breakfast or a brunch recipe that can serve a crowd or make plenty of leftovers.
What is a Frittata?
Frittata is a glorified version of a humble omelette. It's a bunch of eggs whisked together with whatever veggies, greens and/or meat you have in hand and cooked in a skillet. Then finish off or browned in an oven. They are great for breakfast or brunch. On the weekends where I haven't planned any breakfast menus this baked frittata recipe is a life saver.
Baked Mushroom & Spinach Frittata
I don't follow a recipe when making frittata. After all, frittatas are very forgiving. But I measured the ingredients on my testings and this is the best version. I like to bake my frittata than cooking on the stove top. Less work and I get perfectly cooked frittata every single time. No burned bottom, guys.
So, here's what I do.
Whisk the eggs and salt in a bowl.
Cook the chicken strips. You can go crazy here. Leftover chicken or meat will be a great addition. Or you can do meatless.
Saute onion and mushroom.
Add the veggies, meat, cheese and spices to a baking dish.
Bake for 25 to 30 mins. You can make a simple salad and some salsa during that time.
I love my frittatas with side of salad and salsa on top.
There are a dozen eggs in the frittata. Don't be alarmed. It definitely serves a crowd. Perfect for when having guests over for breakfast or brunch.
What I love about this dish I have plenty of leftovers for couple of days' meals. It's perfect for on-the-go breakfasts or for packed lunches.
What are you waiting for ? Make some frittata this weekend and tell me how it turned out !
If you make this dish, please tag me using @loveandotherspices or #loveandotherspices.
Baked Mushroom & Spinach Frittata
- 12 eggs
- 6 chicken strips
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- handful small spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 390 degree Fahrenheit. Brush two 8" inch baking dishes or a 9"x13" inch baking dish with oil. Put them in the oven to preheat too.
- Heat a pan in medium. If you're using chicken strips, brown the chicken strips. Remove them from the pan and keep it aside. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and add onion and minced garlic. When the onion turns translucent add the sliced mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms till they are lightly browned. Sprinkle a pinch of salt. Remove from the stove and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, salt and whisk well. Add the ground pepper and red chili flakes. Next the cheese, cooled mushrooms and torn chicken strips. Fold in the spinach leaves.
- Pour in the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.
- Let it cool and cut into slices and serve with salad and salsa on top.
If you make this recipe, can you please rate it down below ! Thank you.
I love all things mushroom and this looks fantastic. It's a feast for the eyes and tummy!
Thank you !It really is a feast for the tummy !
Mary Bostow says
Now this is my favorite breakfast! This recipe looks super easy and full of ingredients my family loves. Looking forward to trying soon.
Please let me know how it turns out. I'd love to know. 🙂
Oh man do I love a good frittata. Love the ease of putting it all in one pan and then eating it all week!
Yes, we all do !
Pam Greer says
I love making frittatas! Like you I rarely follow a recipe, they almost always come out perfect! Love your version!
Thank you ! Frittatas are very forgiving !
I've never tried Frittata, but this looks so yummy! I love using Spinach, so this would be perfect! I love the touch of Mushrooms!
You should try it. It's so versatile and easy !
I love everything about this recipe. Weekend breakfast sorted!