Easy Roasted Broccoli Soup
This roasted broccoli soup has all it's ingredients roasted in the oven and packs tons of flavour. It's boiled in broth and blended for a creamy and delicious soup. It's vegan and whole30 approved.
- 2 large broccoli crowns (around 2lbs) florets removed and tender stems sliced
- 2 small potatoes peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 small onion peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or 2 stock cubes with 6 cups of water)
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice add more to taste
- Reserved roasted broccoli florets, sliced almonds, pepitas
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place Broccoli florets, tender stems, onion, potato and garlic in a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt and mix so the vegetables are coated with oil and salt.
Arrange the vegetables on the baking sheets and pour the olive oil from the bowl if there's any, over the vegetables. Bake for 25 minutes or the vegetables are slightly browned.
Reserve some broccoli florets for garnishing. Drop the vegetables into a pot along with broth and coconut milk. Add the ground black pepper. Bring to boil.
Puree the soup using a stick blender. Or carefull transfer to a blender and puree in batches.
Season with lemon juice and salt to taste. Serve with garnishes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends!