Sweet Chili Pepper Jelly
This sweet chili pepper jelly is nice and mild in heat. Great as an appetizer on crackers or toasts with cheese. Less sugar and easy to make.
- 3 sweet chili peppers cored and seeded
- 3 red bell peppers cored and seeded
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon salt to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoon Pectin
Place the peppers in a food processor and pulse it until chopped finely.
Heat the pan on medium high and add the chopped peppers, sugar, vinegar, salt and water. Heat until the sugar melts and the mixture starts to boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
Take off from the heat and let it cool.
Add in the Pectin and stir until well mixed.
Ladle into clean jars leaving ½ inch (1 cm) headspace; put the lids on. Let stand until thickened.
- Store in the refrigerator upto 3 weeks or freeze for longer
- Thaw in the refrigerator from frozen.
- Add 1 teaspoon red chili flakes to increase heat.
- Add more salt depending on your taste.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you can give me a rating and comment! Share it with your family and friends!