No Bake Mango Cheesecake with Mango Sauce
15 bran or digestive biscuits
4 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
1 cup low-fat milk
½ cup condensed milk
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon gelatin
1 ½ cups drained low-fat yogurt
1 packet Philadelphia cream cheese(I used this instead of 2 cups cottage cheese)
2 cups mango pulp
½ teaspoon mango essence(If you have)
½ cup sugar,powdered
2 mango chopped
½ teaspoon cornflour
½ cup water
sugar to taste
- Crush the biscuits to a coarse powder,add the other ingredients,and mix,then place it in a springform pan(I used 9' inch),press it lightly and refrigerate.
- For the filling,heat the milk and the condensed milk in a pan.Mix the cornflour in a little milk and add it to the hot milk.Cook stirring continuously,till it becomes thick and keep it aside.
- Add about ¼ cup of boiling water to the gelatin,mix it till it completely dissolves and set aside.
- Mix the milk mixture,dissolved gelatin,mango pulp,cream cheese,yogurt,sugar and blend till everything is well incorporated.Pour on top of the biscuit layer and refrigerate preferably overnight.
- For the sauce,mix the mango,sugar and water in a pan and cook till the sugar dissolves and the mangoes are cooked.Mix the cornflour in a bit of water and add it to the mango mixture and cook till it thickens a bit.Don't make it too saucy,you need mango pieces in it.
- Pour the sauce on top of the cheesecake when serving.