Chocolate and coffee goes hand in hand and out comes this wonderfully delicious treat.
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes)
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups icing sugar
50 g dark chocolate
- Dissolve instant coffee in 2 tbsp hot water and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter,sugar and vanilla essence and add eggs slowly.
- Mix in sifted flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the dissolved coffee and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 c for 16-18 mins.
- Melt chocolate and keep aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Then mix in the melted chocolate.
- Spread the icing evenly over the over cooled cupcakes before serving.
*Since I didn’t have self-raising flour I substituted with the following
1 cup All Purpose flour + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt
but if you are using salted butter omit the salt.
*I reduce the quantities in half for the icing and still got a decent amount of frosting to cover my little gems.
Winding down with a cupcake,a hot coffee in hand…heavenly!!!